Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? (473 Views)

How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Lady Diagnosed With Cancer At 23 And Had Her Eggs Frozen, Shares Her Story. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? by akiOYIBO: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
About a month ago, I felt a sharp pain on my chest. Being fully sure of the fact that I'd been over exposed to cold at the time, I took antibiotics and couple of injections at the chemist. For about a week at the time the pain seems to radiate at the back, chest, and the ribs. It was the most painful condition I've ever been in. I went to the hospital the doctor listened my heart BP and ribs with the stetoscopes. I was under place on pyridoxine(predinosine) drug, and immune supression drug among others, so it became clear I was being diagnosed of PLEURISY. It was painful that I can't explain myself anylonger. I plunged into depression and anxiety. Whenever I'd get exposed to cold breeze it worsens. After about a week I went back to the hospital, by now the pain fluctuates from getting better to getting worse. The doctor gave me another NSAIDS but not pyridoxine(predinosine) this time. Its been almost 3 weeks now and my life has never been the same, I am still in pains sometimes better but I dare not expose myself to cold breeze. Pls how long does it take this PLEURISY of a thing to heal? I've not been able to go abt my normal social life, the pain is something else. Sharp stabbing pain on my ribs, chest and back, its gets worse when exposed to cold breeze. Only if I could explain the pain and its effect i.e I haven't been able to overcome completely the depression and anxiety. Has anyone been diagnosed of PLEURISY here? what was/is ur experience? How long does it take? Do you think the symptoms is PLEURISY type or something else? I hope to find help here, thanks.

Mods, Frontpage pls.
Re: How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? by forghon: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
It will go slowly may be months Bt d healing process is slow
Re: How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? by akiOYIBO: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2018
forghon:
It will go slowly may be months Bt d healing process is slow
Thank you Sir/Ma. Do I need to continue NSAIDS drugs?
Re: How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? by forghon: 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
akiOYIBO:

Thank you Sir/Ma. Do I need to continue NSAIDS drugs?
nsaids is not good for ulcers stop taking cold liquids always go warm
Re: How Long did It Take Your Pleurisy To Heal And How Was your Pleurisy Diagnosed? by akiOYIBO: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2018
forghon:
nsaids is not good for ulcers stop taking cold liquids always go warm
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Ancient Way On Staphareus And E. Coli, And Candida Infections / When Breastfeeding Is Not Recommended For A Baby / 5 Hidden Benefits Of Oranges You Never Thought Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.