Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Fela Musical In NY. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Musical In NY. (754 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Musical In NY. by otawa: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
***likely a wrong place but here is most visited***

Do we have anyone that has attended this musical in Broadway?

I just like to know if it is good idea to see it or not.

suggestions welcome

http://felaonbroadway.com/
Re: Fela Musical In NY. by Cohomology: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
Go see it. The reviews have been rave!
Re: Fela Musical In NY. by SEFAGO(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
I did. I didnt really like it though- very stereotypical lol
Re: Fela Musical In NY. by otawa: 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
Cohomology:

Go see it. The reviews have been rave!
yes, but am really interested in 'naija' opnion.

SEFAGO:

umm, anyway, I will just risk it, worst, it will be money not well spent. I will keep open mind.

Thanks you too.
Re: Fela Musical In NY. by Gekko(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2010
SEFAGO:

Me either. although you cant deny its good entertainment, especially with a non naija date. After a bit it gets repetitive and the storyline flattens out. The average person would enjoy the show because compared to other broadway shows its vibrant, dynamic, and electrifying but if you are huge Fela fan u will most likely be let down. The writing is woeful and fails to capture Fela's genius.
Re: Fela Musical In NY. by otawa: 12:18am On Jul 03, 2010
The average person would enjoy the show because compared to other broadway shows its vibrant, dynamic, and electrifying but if[b] you are huge Fela fan u will most likely be let down[/b]

ummm, I am huge fan of Abami eda,
Re: Fela Musical In NY. by otawa: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2010
The Fela musical on broadway was great, its a fresh new approach to Fela Story.

That said, they should have gotten a proper Yoruba person, to double as the singer while the MAIN character can do the non-singing part of the musical show.

There is even no Fela Big Konga drum,

They could get away with this in New York, they wont in UK as we have more Fela Fans.

Above all, I will say if you have loose $, it wont be bad to see it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Begins Recovery Of Unexploded Mortar Bombs 40 Years After Civil War / There Is A Catastrophic Oil Spill On Bonny Island In The Niger Delta / Remove Ayoka Now, Akeredolu, Sagay, Others Tell Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.