Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID (453 Views)

Austria Halts Palestinian Aid In Response To Hamas Attack / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Biden: No Peace Until Middle East Nations Recognize Israel's Right To Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID
US President expresses "very strong" faith in his administration peace plan.
BY MICHAEL WILNER SEPTEMBER 6, 2018 21:36
US President Donald Trump during a phone call at the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S., June 27, 2017.. (photo credit: REUTERS/CARLOS BARRIA)

WASHINGTON – US President Donald Trump is encouraging Jewish leaders and rabbis to remain "optimistic" in the new year on the prospects of peace between Israelis and Palestinians, speaking with them briefly by phone to mark Rosh Hashanah on Thursday.

"We're going to be able to get it done," Trump said. "We did something that I now understand why so many presidents before me didn't do. They would campaign and they were always going to talk. They were always talking about Jerusalem and the embassy, and it was all very beautiful and everybody was happy. And then they never did it."

"I'd say, you'll get money, but we're not paying you until we make a deal," Trump said. “If we don't make a deal, we're not paying. And that's going to have a little impact."

"I said, "'By the way, did you ever do that before?'" he added. "I said to some of the past negotiators, 'Did you ever do that before? Did you ever use the money angle?' They said, ‘No, sir. We thought it would be disrespectful.' I said, 'I don’t think it's disrespectful at all. I think it's disrespectful when people don’t come to the table.'"

On the conference call arranged last week, Trump said he places "very strong" faith in his administration’s peace team, which for 19 months has worked on a plan for a comprehensive Middle East peace agreement. Jason Greenblatt, who is leading those efforts, wrote an op-ed earlier this week marking the holiday by "praying" for peace and calling on the Palestinian Authority to return to the negotiation table. The op-ed ran in the Jewish Telegraphic Agency in English, Israel Hayom in Hebrew and al-Awsat in Arabic.

One participant said that Trump acknowledged he was strategically pressuring the PA to return to talks by squeezing US aid to the fragile body.

The Trump administration has recently cut all funding to the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees, withdrew from UNESCO and the UN Human Rights Council and signed into law the Taylor Force Act, which cuts congressional aid to the PA unless it ends its "martyr" payment system for the families of convicted Palestinian murderers and terrorists.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Trump-optimistic-about-peace-plan-in-new-year-call-with-rabbis-566718

Re: TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID by OfficialAPCNig: 6:48am On Sep 11, 2018
World Best President.

2 Likes

Re: TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

World Best President.

The earlier the liberals realise that the better it will be for them. cheesy

1 Like

Re: TRUMP: NO PEACE DEAL, NO PALESTINIAN AID by WaywardSon(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nice. I love the fact that the Anti-Israel media in America will whine and whine about this. A country cannot continue to dish out money to people who don't support their interests. They'll try to guilt shame him but I'm sure Saudi Arabia Kuwait and uae are rich and wealthy enough to help their fellow muslim country. But everyone just wants Americas money. Well it comes at a price yall. Leave Israel alone and stay the fxck away

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trump, Obama, Clinton And Their Wives Attend The Memorial Service Of George H.W. / Did America Have Foreknowledge Of Gabon Coup? / President Trump Explains Why He Called Of Military Action On Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.