Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (77742 Views)

Which Prominent Igbo Politician Is Supporting Peter Obi? / Obidient Northern Muslim Donate Mats To Muslims(photos) / 10 Prominent Politicians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2018
Some people will do anything just for 2023 slot. It ain't gonna happen cos you guys have got no credible person to put forward and will use all forms of tactics to get there in 2023.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by MrJah(m): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2018
HRH. Igwe Waziri Eze. The Igwe of Amalla kingdom in Udenu local government, Enugu State. A billionaire. He even built mosque at Obollo Afor along Makurdi, Enugu /Onitsha express way single-handedly.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2018
even saraki has something igbotic in him...i mean,look at the guy na....

4 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by sinola(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:
In the event a Christian Northerner emerges as presidential candidate for PDP, a Muslim Southerner will be picked to be running mate. It is good to know that Ibo has muslims.

Chibuike Egbo wrote

The Igbo people of the south east region in Nigeria with over 30 million population, have over the years maintained claim of being purely Christian region, but there is a modest population of Muslim Igbos in the region.

As with tradition on Db, we bring you informative and Educative articles and in this particular post, we have compiled Names and little details of some prominent and influential Muslims of Igbo extraction.

1. Sheikh Abdullahi Adam Idoko:
He is the Chief imam of the University of Nigeria (UNN) Nsukka. Hails from Ogute Enugu-Ezike in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He is also the Deputy secretary-general of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

2. Ustaz Christian Isah Okonkwo:
He is from Akpugo in Nkanu LGA, Enugu State, embraced Islam as a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). He was the president of Moslem Corpers Association in Kaduna State and the Moslem Corpers Association of Nigeria.
He was made the chief Imam of University of Ibadan in the 1980s.
He is currently the Director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)

3. Alhaji Abdulaziz Chibuzo Ude:
Hails from Anambra state.
He is described as a businessman, Industrialist, Billionaire and a Philanthropist.
He was an acting Chairman of the Board of Directors of NEWSWATCH in the 1980s.
He is the founder of Nok Publishers and first African editor at Double Day.

4. Alhaji Daud Onyeagocha:
He is from Imo state, a human right lawyer.
He is the Chief Imam of Imo State and the Waziri Hausawa. His grandfather was said to be the first recorded Owerri man to embrace Islam in 1908.

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi State.
He is a Muslim from birth and the son of late Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the founder of the Islamic Center, Afikpo who brought Islam to Afipko in 1958.

6. HRH Dr. Abdulfatai Emetumah:
He is the Igwe(Traditional ruler) of Umuofor Kingdom, Oguta LGA , Of Imo state. He is described as an Islamic scholar.
His father, Eze Alhaji Abdul Gaffaru (Ezeodo, Eze Ohazurukwe I of Akabor) is said to have converted to Islam during the war and thereafter brought it to his home town.

7. Sheikh Shehu Uthman Anaga:
Hails from Ebonyi state. Became a Muslim at the age of 13 in 1972. He has worked with JNI as a Preacher. He holds a BA in Islamic Studies from the King Sa'ud University in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
He was the vice principal and later principal of of Jama'atu Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies. He was the provost of the Jama'atu College of Education, Kaduna. He has completed his Masters and is pursuing his PHD.

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:
He is from Ezeagu LGA in Enugu State. An Imam at Al-Hauda Muslim School. He was the presidential Candidate of the African Renaissance Party (ARP).

9. Ustaz Aminu Igwebe Odera:
He is from Orlu in Imo state. Converted to Islam at the age of 12 in the 1970s. Studied Islamic studies and later Food science technology in Tripoli University Libya.
He was the chief Imam of Owerri. He was appointed the director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) in 2000. His maternal uncle, Late Muhammad Ukaba was the chief imam of Orlu Local Government.

10. Chief Abdulkadir A Obiahu:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi state. He is an Engineer by Training, in 2007 he was conferred the Chieftaincy title of 'Onye Nchekwa Okwukwe Ala kuba Na Ala Igbo' (The Defender of the Islamic Faith in Igbo land) by His Royal Highness, Eze Nwosu Ibe, the Ezeigbo I of Abuja. He converted to Islam in 1982.

Are there names you think should be on this list? Leave a Comment!

http://dagreensblog..com/2017/10/check-out-10-prominentinfluential-igbo.html?m=1
I know for sure immediately I saw the post that no Anambra man will be in that poo list....There are two kinds of Igbo,Anambra and the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2018
jibs4lv:
either you like it or not, Islam is the only true religion . So do the needful today cox tommorow may be too late for you my brother .... SALAM

https://www.nairaland.com/4725592/china-shuts-down-christian-churches
Salam shi.t.

We are yet to see Christian militias moving about killing Muslims in Mosques and communities.

Stop having vigil to kill Christians and other tribe.

Say no to terrorism.

5 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:54am On Sep 11, 2018
Morbeta11:
Islamic Igbo amaka... grin

kiiiikikikikiki....

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2018
this thread will pain dem dem no be small....

kiiiki....

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Franking: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2018
RevenGeMission:
And some asswipes keep using the word "Yoruba moslems" to insult Yoruba race, you would think Yeebos are mainly catholic and Hindus
Shut up ur mouth. Igbos are mainly Christians and atheists. The ten Muslims are all we have. Whereas more than half of Yorubas are Muslim.

5 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:57am On Sep 11, 2018
Franking:

Shut up ur mouth. Igbos are mainly Christians and atheists. The ten Muslims are all we have. Whereas more than half of Yorubas are Muslim.

hahahahaha....

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 11, 2018
sinola:

I know for sure immediately I saw the post that no Anambra man will be in that poo list....There are two kinds of Igbo,Anambra and the rest.
check number 3 again
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by sinola(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:
In the event a Christian Northerner emerges as presidential candidate for PDP, a Muslim Southerner will be picked to be running mate. It is good to know that Ibo has muslims.

Chibuike Egbo wrote

The Igbo people of the south east region in Nigeria with over 30 million population, have over the years maintained claim of being purely Christian region, but there is a modest population of Muslim Igbos in the region.

As with tradition on Db, we bring you informative and Educative articles and in this particular post, we have compiled Names and little details of some prominent and influential Muslims of Igbo extraction.

He is the Chief imam of the University of Nigeria (UNN) Nsukka. Hails from Ogute Enugu-Ezike in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He is also the Deputy secretary-general of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

He is from Akpugo in Nkanu LGA, Enugu State, embraced Islam as a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). He was the president of Moslem Corpers Association in Kaduna State and the Moslem Corpers Association of Nigeria.
He is currently the Director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)

He is described as a businessman, Industrialist, Billionaire and a Philanthropist.

He is the Chief Imam of Imo State and the Waziri Hausawa. His grandfather was said to be the first recorded Owerri man to embrace Islam in 1908.

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:
He is a Muslim from birth and the son of late Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the founder of the Islamic Center, Afikpo who brought Islam to Afipko in 1958.

He is the Igwe(Traditional ruler) of Umuofor Kingdom, Oguta LGA , Of Imo state. He is described as an Islamic scholar.
His father, Eze Alhaji Abdul Gaffaru (Ezeodo, Eze Ohazurukwe I of Akabor) is said to have converted to Islam during the war and thereafter brought it to his home town.

Hails from Ebonyi state. Became a Muslim at the age of 13 in 1972. He has worked with JNI as a Preacher. He holds a BA in Islamic Studies from the King Sa'ud University in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
He was the vice principal and later principal of of Jama'atu Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies. He was the provost of the Jama'atu College of Education, Kaduna. He has completed his Masters and is pursuing his PHD.

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:
He is from Ezeagu LGA in Enugu State. An Imam at Al-Hauda Muslim School. He was the presidential Candidate of the African Renaissance Party (ARP).

He is from Orlu in Imo state. Converted to Islam at the age of 12 in the 1970s. Studied Islamic studies and later Food science technology in Tripoli University Libya.
He was the chief Imam of Owerri. He was appointed the director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) in 2000. His maternal uncle, Late Muhammad Ukaba was the chief imam of Orlu Local Government.

He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi state. He is an Engineer by Training, in 2007 he was conferred the Chieftaincy title of 'Onye Nchekwa Okwukwe Ala kuba Na Ala Igbo' (The Defender of the Islamic Faith in Igbo land) by His Royal Highness, Eze Nwosu Ibe, the Ezeigbo I of Abuja. He converted to Islam in 1982.

http://dagreensblog..com/2017/10/check-out-10-prominentinfluential-igbo.html?m=1
Alhaji Suleman Onyeama from Eke,Enugu is not in this list....Ops,you are not informed
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2018
jibs4lv:
either you like it or not, Islam is the only true religion . So do the needful today cox tommorow may be too late for you my brother .... SALAM

https://www.nairaland.com/4725592/china-shuts-down-christian-churches
Hindu the only true religion.

They don't see killing as fun.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Saintp(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2018
I have only seen just one Igbo Muslim all my life and the man is/was a convert. Whatever the case, the percentage of Muslims of Igbo origin is not up to 0.1% of the population so this is negligible.

7 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2018
Could this be true? Some where converted in the 1900's
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Mccullum: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2018
That's their own issues, if all igbos are Christians it doesn't affect popularity of Islam and other religions,

Religion is individualistic issue, each person is free to practice religion of its choice.

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2018
drop ipob like its hot....

kiiikikiki...

you mess with muslims,even igbos will finish una...kiiiki...ironic....
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by sleekdre: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2018
What is prominent about them? Ndi ara, ha cho iri m, Ghost mode!! They no go see me!!

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Destinykinghome(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2018
You just mension few.

MayorofLagos:

Chibuike Egbo wrote

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2018
Saintp:
I have only seen just one Igbo Muslim all my life and the man is/was a convert. Whatever the case, the percentage of Muslims of Igbo origin is not up to 0.1% of the population so this is negligible.

are you sure about that...??

kiiiki....
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2018
sinola:

you may like to check no 3...then u will realise how steewped u are
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by sinola(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2018
eosigwe:
check number 3 again
He is one out of million....He is on his own and I know his history,no thanks to Oliver de coque's music.

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by IbrahimDamola: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2018
xtervaganza:
Let's not kid anybody, in 1000 years from now Igbo land will still not embrace Islam.

Out of 5 million igbos you'll struggle to find one Muslim. That is if you find any.

P.s I'm Yoruba

The Ibos hold muslim responsible for the millions of their Kiths killed in the war. Islam can't survive in Igboland. Even me I never jam one Ibo muslim in my lifetime as old as I am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2018
All we want is one indivisible nigeria not Muslim or christian Deceivers that claim to be leaders
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by aminho(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2018
sinola:

No 3
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by konoplyanka: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2018
xtervaganza:
Let's not kid anybody, in 1000 years from now Igbo land will still not embrace Islam.

Out of 5 million igbos you'll struggle to find one Muslim. That is if you find any.

P.s I'm Yoruba

Who asked you? osu jew.

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Saintp(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2018
justtoodark:

are you sure about that...??
kiiiki....
Off course , that is even a generous estimate .
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by princejenks(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2018
RevenGeMission:
And some asswipes keep using the word "Yoruba moslems" to insult Yoruba race, you would think Yeebos are mainly catholic and Hindus
very very insignificant in number,even these ones mentioned up here are little known
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2018
Saintp:

Off course , that is even a generous estimate .

and i repeat....:

i you sure about that....!??....

kiiiki...
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:

Chibuike Egbo wrote

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:

Masha Allah

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2018
chaiii...this thread is like jollof rice to muslims....

this myth about igbos to be only christians is finaly busted....

because igbo muslims dont say anything doesnt mean they dont exist....

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:

Chibuike Egbo wrote

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:

"" over the years maintained claim of being purely Christian region, but there is a modest population of Muslim Igbos in the region ""

Na only 10 una fit count? Whey IGBO Muslims wey be senators governors reps members local gov't chairmen, councillors,Etc

We don't have Muslims here, their population is 0.000176% of the population of the igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2018
justtoodark:
chaiii...this thread is like jollof rice to muslims....

this myth about igbos to be only christians is finaly busted....

because igbo muslims dont say anything doesnt mean they dont exist....

There's absolutely nothing to celebrate for Muslims like u. We simply don't have igbos among us. That there are 10 Igbo imams doesn't in anyway mean that there's Islam in Igbo land

We don't have a Muslim local gov't in Igbo land.

We don't have a Muslim governor, senator, local gov't chairman Etc that are igbos.

Igbo Muslims are a minority, They represent 0.0034% of our population so they are negligible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Owerri Prison Break In Pictures / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Captain Abdulkarim Bala Na'Allah Assassinated By Gunmen (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.