Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,996 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (77737 Views)

Which Prominent Igbo Politician Is Supporting Peter Obi? / Obidient Northern Muslim Donate Mats To Muslims(photos) / 10 Prominent Politicians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by BabaRamota1980: 3:36am On Sep 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Illiterate don't know the definition of one person and a village. Such a shame. So much for "most educated" delusions.

Except that he is the head of the village grin

He is the authority over the village.
Has your light bulb come on yet? grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by universe123: 6:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

[s]
There is no native muslims, but the Imam is a non-native abi. You people just like to deny things a lot, the bolded alone says it all contradicting yourself, can you see you lack comprehension skills, before you said there is no mosque in Nssuka except in UNN, meanwhile the community has a central mosque, so the community central mosque is a virtual central mosque abi, as I have said before ma tan ara e (keep deceiving yourself)..Islam is here to stay in Igboland, deal with it. Lol...[/s]
Go back and read the news you posted oga,you are not smart..There are community of non natives everywhere around the world..If you to any part of Nigeria u will see communities of igbo people and those igbos are non natives..Btw,it's Nsukka. otherwise Nssuka.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by modsfucker: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2018
julietm123:
I can see you and your people running all over the thread in excitement.
lgbos being muslims really excites our afonja brethren.
The question is have you seen an igbo muslim physically before.
I as an igbo person only met one while serving in the north and same for most igbos and nigerians.
In my local government area in Anambra, there may be a mosque,but i dont know where it is. I have never seen it.
There is nothing wrong with being igbo and muslim,but they are very insignificant in number,thus most igbos and nigerians have never encountered them.
Stop acting all excited.10persons makes no difference amongst 40million people.
Thanks.

Bros, they are more than 10, those are just the popular ones. I personally met a myriad of Igbo Muslims, at the Central Mosque, Abuja.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by universe123: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Don't mind them. They like lying to themselves. For too long they've been trying to include an imaginary Muslim villages in Nsukka and Ebonyi state. That's why I don't trust that plan to give lands to Northern Herdsmens. Them niggas have a plan cooking. It's obvious they have a plan.
The thing just weak me for some people, someone will be somewhere trying to say what he knows nothing about.I have never seen an Igbo Muslim before.. Even if they exit, people won't need to write articles to show that they exist.infact,most people igbos would have been encountering every time..Igbo Muslims are insignificant that's while there is no igbo muslim governor,minister,senator,local govt chairman even ordinary councillor unlike in the West and in the north where they dominate..Nobody needs to be told that there are Yoruba Muslims or hausa Muslims cause everyone sees them everyday..I don't know why this people have been masturbating on this thread since.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by universe123: 6:56am On Sep 12, 2018
modsfucker:

Bros, they are more than 10, those are just the popular ones. I personally met a myriad of Igbo Muslims, at the Central Mosque, Abuja.
The thing just weak me for some people, someone will be somewhere trying to say what he knows nothing about.I have never seen an Igbo Muslim before.. Even if they exit, people won't need to write articles to show that they exist.infact,most people igbos would have been encountering every time..Igbo Muslims are insignificant that's while there is no igbo muslim governor,minister,senator,local govt chairman even ordinary councillor unlike in the West and in the north where they dominate..Nobody needs to be told that there are Yoruba Muslims or hausa Muslims cause everyone sees them everyday..I don't know why this people have been masturbating on this thread since.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by modsfucker: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2018
universe123:

With patience, drops would make an ocean.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Franking: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2018
mvem:
..do you know it's mere history that made Islam not to be popular in the east... During Dan fodio conquest he stopped Just at the east of the Niger and did not venture forward...then the Europeans came later on and spread Christianity in the south eastern part... If the Europeans came through the north, the Hausa majority would be Christians... If the Arabs were interested and came through the south, you would have been a Muslim... So it's just the way history was shaped that determined what religion you are professing now... So you are Christian not because you choose it but it was forced down on you and you could have been anything..depending on who conquered your region

I won't be a Muslim. I will still be an atheist.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Franking: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2018
mvem:
..do you know it's mere history that made Islam not to be popular in the east... During Dan fodio conquest he stopped Just at the east of the Niger and did not venture forward...then the Europeans came later on and spread Christianity in the south eastern part... If the Europeans came through the north, the Hausa majority would be Christians... If the Arabs were interested and came through the south, you would have been a Muslim... So it's just the way history was shaped that determined what religion you are professing now... So you are Christian not because you choose it but it was forced down on you and you could have been anything..depending on who conquered your region

I won't be a Muslim. I will still be an atheist. I assume he didn't see Benue and Plateau states.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by julietm123: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2018
modsfucker:

Popular where? Maybe amongst afonjas. Never heard of any of them before.
wretched people are now the popular ones.Tueeeh!
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by gidgiddy: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2018
modsfucker:

With patience, drops would make an ocean.

Not with Igbos and Islam. Islam is not compatible with Igbo culture. For example, dancing and drinking are not permitted in Islam. But they are ingrained in Igbo culture. A man must drink palmwine and dance with his wife to complete the marriage rights in Igbo land. There are many rules in Islam that don't go with Igbo culture and that's why 99.9% of all Igbos will always reject Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by julietm123: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2018
Kennydoc:

How many people from Afikpo and it's environs have you met? Do you know there are many unreached parts of Igbo land especially in Ebonyi State and other parts of Igbo land.
You don't tell me that 1% is too much until you meet more people from Ebonyi and enquire about their religion. If you meet 200 Igbos and 2 of them are Muslims, you most likely won't notice it. How many times do you meet Igbos and discuss religion with them? I got to know the lady was a Muslim cos my job warranted I enquired about that during my counsel with her. If I hadn't asked, I would have sworn that she was a Christian cos she wasn't even wearing hijab. Actually, many of them don't wear hijab.
So the so called igbo muslims are in the interiors and the igbo female muslims dont wear hijab
smh.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
julietm123:
So the so called igbo muslims are in the interiors and the igbo female muslims dont wear hijab
smh.

My dear, Afikpo and Nsukka axes have a significant Muslim population. Until you live there, you can't say much about Igbo Muslims.
I maintain that I am not an advocate for Igbo Muslims. I'm only being rational here.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Tiheney(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
mvem:

The best post I've seen so far associating this thread.. You make sense bro. God bless you �
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by AmOnwaEnugu1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
chiagozien:
Why yellowbars muslims always try to associate igbos to their terrorist religion.

Show me an igbo man that is a muslim then i will show you a neat yoruba woman.

Choi..... This one na serious work oohh
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
LOL.
Anyone can do this.
Those pictures don't look like Igbos, so only ten Igbos are muslims and we won't hear word?
How about thousands of hausans and fulanis who are Christians?
Those people aren't true muslims they all converted cos of material gains and you call that true conversion?
Yeye dey smell.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by thambolo(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2018
Ikenna0b:

When did Tony Edochie become a Muslim? See liar. God have mercy on una.

Tony Edochie is Onitsha; and not the only brother of Pete Edochie.

Uncle Alhaji is in Abuja.

God’s Mercy is all I’ve ever wanted; Amen!
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by senatordave1(m): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2018
You hardly find ibo muslims from abia and anambra.there mostly from ebonyi,imo and enugu.ebonyi has the highest number of ibo muslims,about 5-10 percent of the population.The south east has the lowest number of muslims.the south south has more muslims(indigenous) than the east.edo state which has the highest numbee of muslims in the south south probably has more muslims than the east.
A good number of calabar indigenes are muslims surprisingly.there also a handful in rivers
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by mbos: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
KingsCity:
The Ibos are a Christian tribe...QED

Dont mind them? how can a moslem be dearing the name Christian.

2. Ustaz Christian Isah Okonkwo:

Very funny double personality
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
alabi484:

Gbe nu lo my friend grin
Wa gbe enu mi cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2018
Fariq:

He is even lying. He was allowed to pray and then killed. Foolish lie.

How many Christians have we house during 2011 crises not to talk of fellow Muslim. I don't want to go in to story here but if you're interested on how the event unfold we can go private.
Toh, holla my email.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
BininKingdom:
[s][/s]

MUMU!
I HAVE NOT BEEN TO CHINA, IRELAND, GERMANY, AMERICA BEFORE SO WHY DIVERT THIS BY ASKING ME FOOLISH QUESTION?
WE ARE TALKING OF IGBO LAND/NIGERIA WHERE I GREW UP,
YOU STAY IN OGUN STATE AND TRYING TO LIE TO PERSON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HIS BACKYARD.

See this yoot, do you know we have Yorubas who are Buddhists and Hindus? I'm sure you've not met them and so they don't exist.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Not with Igbos and Islam. Islam is not compatible with Igbo culture. For example, dancing and drinking are not permitted in Islam. But they are ingrained in Igbo culture. A man must drink palmwine and dance with his wife to complete the marriage rights in Igbo land. There are many rules in Islam that don't go with Igbo culture and that's why 99.9% of all Igbos will always reject Islam.
You people like saying rubbish, what of polygamy Igbos practice? How about keeping beards many Igbos practice ?arent those compatible with Islam?

Before the advent of Islam in the Arabian peninsula, the Arabs consumed alcohol but Islam cleared that away. So please stop giving pathetic excuses because it just doesn't make sense
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by MayorofLagos(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
There are Igbo Alhajis and Imams. They will soon start issuing fatwas in SE if you Ibo Christians push them to the wall. Leave them alone to practice their faith in peace. Dont bother them.

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by gidgiddy: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
You people like saying rubbish, what of polygamy Igbos practice? How about keeping beards many Igbos practice ?arent those compatible with Islam?

Before the advent of Islam in the Arabian peninsula, the Arabs consumed alcohol but Islam cleared that away. So please stop giving pathetic excuses because it just doesn't make sense

Who told you Igbos are polygamous? Maybe 200 years ago they were, not any more. What had having a beard got to do with anything?

Islam does not appeal to 99.9% of all Igbos and that number is not likely to change in the next 100 years.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Who told you Igbos are polygamous? Maybe 200 years ago they were, not any more.

I'm not talking about now, right from the beginning, Igbos are polygamous. They embraced monogamy after becoming Christians, so they stopped a part of their culture because of Christianity. If they can stop polygamy because of Christianity why can't they drop drinking after embracing Islam?

What had having a beard got to do with anything?

Don't they keep beards? Isn't it part of the culture?

Islam does not appeal to 99.9% of all Igbos and that number is not likely to change in the next 100 years.

That's what you continue to say, keep deceiving yourself. You keep living in denial, Islam is the fastest growing religion in Igboland and there's nothing y'all can do about it

Igbo Muslims Amaka
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by gidgiddy: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Demmzy15:

That's what you continue to say, keep deceiving yourself. You keep living in denial, Islam is the fastest growing religion in Igboland and there's nothing y'all can do about it

Igbo Muslims Amaka

Really? Nigeria was created in 1914, so Nigerians have been living alongside Muslims for over 100 years but its just now that Islam became the fastest growing in Igbo land? Why didn't they embrace it all this time?
I laugh in Igbo
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Really? Nigeria was created in 1914, so Nigerians have been living alongside Muslims for over 100 years but its just now that Islam became the fastest growing in Igbo land? Why didn't they embrace it all this time?
I laugh in Igbo
So you don't know Igbos embraced Islam as far back as 1914? grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by RevenGeMission: 1:21am On Sep 14, 2018
Accusations and counter accusations , i don laff tire for this thread

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Kendude: 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
EzeOnyembo:
And the number 2 also has CHRISTIAN as his middle name cheesy what a confusion..
no confusion what of pastor Sulaiman
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by sinola(m): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
aminho:

No 3

Chief Abdulaziz Chibuzo Udeh is not from Anambra state...He is from Enugu Ngwo
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by sinola(m): 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2018
murphyibiam15:

you may like to check no 3...then u will realise how steewped u are

Chief Abdulaziz Chibuzo Udeh is not from Anambra State...He is from Enugu Ngwo...A moslem is like an outcast in Anambra...Ask your Anambra friends...As an Anambrarian,the first time i saw a moslem was when i came to lagos after my youth service.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:39am On Sep 15, 2018
This guy killed it! Listen to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMpaAEVtG6I

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Owerri Prison Break In Pictures / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Captain Abdulkarim Bala Na'Allah Assassinated By Gunmen (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.