Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land (39309 Views)

40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by ChangeIsCostant: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2018
A group of Nigerians in diaspora, having traced their roots to Igboland via DNA, decided to come back home in Anambra state over their inheritance. 

According to the traditional ruler, ten African Americans/Canadian of Igbo ancestry, were inducted as brothers and sisters and also issued with Igbo names and allocated plots of land for residence during the last Eri Festival in Aguleri, Anambra East Local Government Area.

Here are pictures of how it went down. 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/nigerians-based-abroad-storm-anambra-community-over-inheritance.html

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by delugajackson: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2018
I love the plumpy guy's dance moves in the last picture. That's a true son of the soil. Igbo Amaka.

161 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by eagleeye2: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
If you know. You know.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by gaby(m): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
I love this, so touching and cool.

On a lighter note and in Donald J. Trump's voice ''These are the lazy American youths on a visit to the lifeless one in a shithole country''.

Lighter note mean say na joke I dey ooo..

Enjoy my siggy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by SolutionMee: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
That's one thing I can never do in my life. Ever since I left Nigeria, I've forgotten anything called inheritance and have moved on with my life.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by justtoodark: 7:27am On Sep 11, 2018
interesting....
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nbote(m): 7:41am On Sep 11, 2018
D heading is a bit misleading... Like say dey left abroad to come and drag their inheritance..

7 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by ZZ22: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2018
Umuchineke

8 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by lunaticfringe: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2018
mrjaydee:

Your papa..ediot!
If this the best retort you could come up with, then I'm afraid you are beyond redemption.. .

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Shortyy(f): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Hahahaha are you kidding me? This is so beautiful. Igbo Amaka Indeed cheesy

Please enjoy my signature

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by NaijaMutant(f): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2018
Who wouldn't love to associate with the Igbos grin

Especially when your skull is safe grin

Igbo Amaka grin

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by ashacot: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2018
Nice. Igbo amaka

8 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by kullozone(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS, what did you do to

If you have killed him, just confess... Nothing go happen to you.

You'll be celebrated here, on NLsmiley

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2018
Rubbish!
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by collinsprince: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2018
mrjaydee:
Igbo Emeka grin
afonja osun boy na IGBO AMAKA OK. not igbo emeka

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by NaijaMutant(f): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2018
Proudly Igbo cool

5 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Shortyy(f): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
That's one thing I can never do in my life. Ever since I left Nigeria, I've forgotten anything called inheritance and have moved on with my life.

Lol you really dunno what it's like not having a root.

You left your family in Nigeria, you know your parents, grand parents, great grand parents and so on. You know your root, so you can't be bothered, even if you stay there forever.

On the other hand, these people are just too excited to know where they actually came from, where they belong. It's a beautiful thing.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Sneh7(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2018
[quote author=Sarkin post=71092960]I just hope that the jobless lazy aggressive idiotic pigs of Bi@fra terrorists won't prey on their vulnerability right now and initiate them into their illegal activities.

Hates, go an die

6 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by greatbuc(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
bro I met you at Ikeja yesterday now.. Or you've started astral travelling again?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by thatigboman: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
God bless you. Dont come back to this hopeless country.
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by IbrahimDamola: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2018
We yoruba muslims will not accept this. Why can't these Americans and Canadians hate Ibos and love us? Why? Why? Why?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by thatigboman: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2018
greatbuc:
bro I met you at Ikeja yesterday now.. Or you've started astral travelling again?
u know am?
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by abc115: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2018
Nice one
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2018
Lolzzzzzz

Anambra kwa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The "Mazi" Title In Igbo Society / Igbo Dialects / Queen Aanu: My life Threatened For Walking Out Of My Marriage - Alaafin's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.