Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land (39322 Views)

40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Sadiyaene(f): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2018
That oyinbo don miss road ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ornament2003:

Lols � I call this delusion of grandiosity
That's what Afonjas call it grin
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Masterclass32: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
Welcome back home, umunne anyi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Even though i'm from Anambra but the bulk of Igbo slaves (at least 55% to 65% came from southern Igboland or modern-day Abia state, Imo state and some Igbo-speaking parts of Rivers state such as Etche) and I would think they would report to those states directly, given their Igbo roots most likely originating from there. Though the DNA testing system has no way of pinpointing exactly which Igbo state an Igbo descendant comes from, it only tells which tribe one's DNA matches, thus making it difficult to trace one's ancestry to one's exact village or state.

By their induction in Igboland and plots of land allocated to them, these people are now recognized as Igbos and should apply for a Nigerian passport in due time.

Hi. While your first compound sentence is a bit, no, more than a bit unnecessary and can be deemed divisive in some quarters, your last sentence is beautiful, and inclusive.
Cheers
Please mention me in any interesting cultural thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta Igbos / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / Did Olori Wuraola Confirm The Crash Of Her Marriage With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.