Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate (52618 Views)

Hundreds Of Yoruba Women From Diaspora At Ooni Of Ife Palace Over Yoruba Nation / IPOB Protesters Shot & Tear Gassed As Buhari Visits South Africa. / How Police Took Over NASS, Tear-Gassed Lawmakers Under GEJ - Vanguard News, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by big7: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by handsomeyinka(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2018
chinjo:
Is Sowore really a Yoruba man? They Yoruba's are well known for their respect expeciall for elders. For him not to prostrate for a Kabiyesi is an abomination.

Bowing down for another is an insult. In fact, it is an insult to bow down for any God. I think some Yorubas who bow for others are infected by some kind of virus that activates worship programs on their sub conscious level. I know not all Yoruba people bow for anyone. Not all will be so unlettered to do that. People like Mike Adenuga will never do such at his present level of understanding of the cosmic mechanics. He may have done so in the past based a level of ignorance.

I love all of things Yorubas stand for, but bowing down for anything whether physical or spiritual is a height of sophisticated ignorance.

Only sophisticated fools will disagree.

7 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Hotfreeze: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2018
IgboticGirl:
Lol this oba was installed he has been having one problem to another

Watch some fools blame iPod for this

The media exposure the Ooni has in a month is more than all the traditional rulers in Alaigbo.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by kudos4god(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2018
Oh help
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Yemike(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2018
chinjo:
Is Sowore really a Yoruba man? They Yoruba's are well known for their respect expeciall for elders. For him not to prostrate for a Kabiyesi is an abomination.
Elder??
Tell me his age bro.
We're in the 21st century, gone are the days when kings have that kind of power.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Hotfreeze: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2018
TimeMachine:

Bowing down for another is an insult. In fact, it is an insult to bow down for any God. I think the Yorubas are infected by some kind of virus that activates worship programs on their sub conscious level.

I love all of things Yorubas stand for, but bowing down for anything whether physical or spiritual is a height of sophisticated ignorance.

Only sophisticated fools will disagree.

That's why your father the Eze Ndigbo was whipped like a thief in Akure.

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by SachaBastien(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2018
Abolish all traditional rulership positions. They are an integral part of Nigeria's problems.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2018
pressplay411:
Nigeria, especially the youths, will come to value Sowore very soon.
Restoring dignity and order, even though it is by protests and disorder.
May God protect Him.

Yoruba youths rather.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Hotzone(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Sowore is a scam rude and arrogant lad

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Hotfreeze:

That's why your father the Eze Ndigbo was whipped like a thief in Akure.

I am not Igbo. You are so ignorant that you think anyone that is not Yoruba must be Igbo. I am not also a tribalist.

Everyone who bows for another is as foolish as the tradition that makes man worship anything outside himself.

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by georgeceekay: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2018
pressplay411:
May God protect Him.
In my opinion, two wrongs can never make a right.

Sowore can always register his reactions accordingly.

That's how he would prove he is sane enough to restore sanity.

He's using a wrong approach to politics.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by slivertongue: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2018
targassed "for refusing to postrate" "before postrating" which one?

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2018
The report lacks coherence.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by crafteck(m): 10:49am On Sep 11, 2018
pressplay411:
May God protect Him.

Ur right but for now, they prefer to be deceived by same old fools

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by stawarts(m): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2018
[/color][color=#006600]Nigeria, especially the youths, will come to value Sowore very soon.
May God protect Him. Value him for bin disrespectful or what? If I may ask what make him so important to Nigeria youth?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Hotfreeze: 10:51am On Sep 11, 2018
TimeMachine:

I am not Igbo. You are so ignorant that you think anyone that is not Yoruba must be Igbo. I am not also a tribalist.

Everyone who bows for another is as foolish as the tradition that makes man worship anything outside himself.

I don't care where you're from. For all I care, you could have been downloaded from Mars. All I know is that you don't have an appreciable culture wherever you were downloaded from.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Royalfurnitures: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2018
He went to the Oni palace and refused to protest?
What insolence, and he want to be President but has no regards for traditional institution.
He needs the Oni and not the reverse.

Check out my signature for classy and exotic furniture collections today
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Herrmes: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2018
hakeem4:
he should have prostrated to avoid issues.

when you are in rome you must behave like a roman
Must? More like should.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by tammie24: 10:55am On Sep 11, 2018
sowore is stupid
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by CaptainG00D: 10:55am On Sep 11, 2018
IgboticGirl:
Lol since this oba was installed he and his people has been having one problem to another.

After they will chestbeating they have a culture

Useless peoples

U said my mind grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Ahmeduana(m): 10:56am On Sep 11, 2018
chinjo:
YOU KNOW IS FROM ONDO STATE, ILAJE SPEAKING AREA, considering that there big mouth oba, said they are the authentic Yoruba leader, I won't be surprise if one of his useless subject is also following the part of destructive.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Sleekfingers: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2018
id911:
Omoleye Sowore is working for Buhari and APC. He was giving about 2 Billion Naira to draw most votes of the youths who voted for Buhari in 2015 but felt disappointed by the abysmal performance of the current administration so that the opposition will not be a beneficiary of such votes.

Nigerian Youth be wise!!

Another fake news carrier spotted..lazy youth

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2018
IgboticGirl:
Lol since this oba was installed he and his people has been having one problem to another.

After they will chestbeating they have a culture

Useless peoples
oponu omo.. To even think she finds it easy and fun to write this rubbish somwhere in Alaba, Lagos, South West, Nigeria makes it funny.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by 12345baba(m): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2018
chinjo:
don't conclude . I doubt if he truly refused

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Adelove19(f): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2018
This is commendable from him, he refused to bow in protest for the King's time wasting. It's about time we start holding everyone accountable for every of their actions. Carry on my Presido

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by ChampagnePapiii(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2018
hakeem4:
he should have prostrated to avoid issues.
when you are in rome you must behave like a roman

not in all cases my brother!!

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Sleekfingers: 11:06am On Sep 11, 2018
TimeMachine:

How do you greet your parent? With slap or kick them?

But we yorubas postrate. It is a sign of respect. And I don't see anything wrong with that

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by ChampagnePapiii(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2018
2019elections:
Same sowore wey want b president no want de respect elders abi.

Respect No be by Dobale'ing

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2018
TimeMachine:

oga, shatap there. Culture is culture. If you have any problem with it, find a way to leave the land. Simple as ABC. Even the so called western world have their own culture.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by ChampagnePapiii(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2018
sorry1:
Yoruba people that lack respect for elders... Nawa oh

But prostrating no be respect my man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newly Built Ikeja Bus Terminal By Governor Ambode (Photos) / Northern Governors Wives Rock Aso Ebi To Ajimobi & Ganduje’s Children's Wedding / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Officially Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.