Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate (52624 Views)

Hundreds Of Yoruba Women From Diaspora At Ooni Of Ife Palace Over Yoruba Nation / IPOB Protesters Shot & Tear Gassed As Buhari Visits South Africa. / How Police Took Over NASS, Tear-Gassed Lawmakers Under GEJ - Vanguard News, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Shikena(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
... Africans hiding the failure of their societies under culture. 24 hours electricity you no get. People of culture still farming with traditional hoes & cutlasses. Countries still far behind the rest of the world. Yet they run after thousands of Obas, Emirs & Ezes. Certified failures will be demanding respect & lording over diligent younger ones because of age on the basis of culture. Is that not retarded? Are we ever going to wake up? Any culture that undermines the dignity of every person in all ramifications is a waste of precious time.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by deebrownneymar: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ezenwammadu:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/11/refusing-prostrate-sowore-and-takeitback-movement-tear-gassed-ooni-ife’s-palace

This your narrative reeks of BS propaganda. Too one-sided. It's clear 'Yeye' Sowore is nothing but trouble. God forbid he's ever our president. At the slightest he would be provoked to go to war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by hassantommy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
it is all lie sowore is welcome the pictures show is welcome in the palace it is some thug that want to disrupt the meeting

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
Offpoint:
Picture and video else it never happened.

Anyways, I think all these Royal bulkcrap should be abolish, it's purpose has long be defeated and lost long ago.

Everything about African should be abolished in fact cheesy
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
oddessey007:

Are you trying to display your ignorance or just seeking attention? Every society have their own culture and should be respected, even the Bible teaches us respect traditions and cultures.

I do not respect that aspect of Yoruba culture.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by edgecution(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
chinjo:
Is Sowore really a Yoruba man? They Yoruba's are well known for their respect expeciall for elders. For him not to prostrate for a Kabiyesi is an abomination.

Sowore is an Ijaw man. Those Ijaws in Ondo State. They bear Yoruba names and speak Yoruba language.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
IntrovertedK:
oga, shatap there. Culture is culture. If you have any problem with it, find a way to leave the land. Simple as ABC. Even the so called western world have their own culture.

It is a silly culture. No doubts about it. It is time to change it.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by DavSagacity(m): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
id911:
Omoleye Sowore is working for Buhari and APC. He was given about 2 Billion Naira to draw most votes of the youths who voted for Buhari in 2015 but felt disappointed by the abysmal performance of the current administration so that the opposition will not be a beneficiary of such votes.

Nigerian Youth be wise!!

What's your prove that he collected 2 billion Naira.
Stop stating hate speeches and claims you can not substantiate and KEEP "KWAYET"
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

How do you greet your parent? With slap or kick them?

But we yorubas postrate. It is a sign of respect. And I don't see anything wrong with that

You are not Yoruba, your language is Yoruba. You are a human being and you are not supposed to 'bow down' for another human being or even the Gods.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by benebaby77: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
id911:
Omoleye Sowore is working for Buhari and APC. He was given about 2 Billion Naira to draw most votes of the youths who voted for Buhari in 2015 but felt disappointed by the abysmal performance of the current administration so that the opposition will not be a beneficiary of such votes.

Nigerian Youth be wise!!

Yet nobody has brought forward the evidence of working for Buhari despite its many critiques against it. Try harder please......

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hotfreeze:

I don't care where you're from. For all I care, you could have been downloaded from Mars. All I know is that you don't have an appreciable culture wherever you were downloaded from.

I stopped respecting silly cultures when I realized I am a human being and not my tribe. So, can you kiss a cow and move on and stop repeating what I already know ?

Why do you think that country called Nigeria is the way it is ? Cos your cultures and traditions are bestial and demeaning. A big man can do what ever he wants, after all he will be bowed down to.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by OlusegunAdedayo: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
angry
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by IbrahimDamola: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hotfreeze:

The media exposure the Ooni has in a month is more than all the traditional rulers in Alaigbo.

sowore is not a pure yoruba because we yoruba muslims are the real yorubas. Yoruba christians are fake yorubas. I'm sure sowore wakes his yoruba father with a knock to his shiny agbari. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Sleekfingers: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
TimeMachine:

You are not Yoruba, your language is Yoruba. You are a human being and you are not supposed to 'bow down' for another human being or even the Gods.

What's this mofo saying?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by brainhgeek(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
I can only imagine the level of indiscipline this nation will be plunged into if this guy is made the president. Lawlessness will abound in every heart.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by adetwin(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
the news is fake ! it's not possible
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by 9gerian: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
True talk.

Even England is still under the Queen till tomorrow, and no one is tampering with that culture.

If truly Sowore refused to bow to the Ooni, it may be best for him to remain as an activist so that “Protests” can remain a relevant strategy for solving all problems that he encounters.

A President should be an individual that is level headed enough to see things clearly and make informed decisions for the good of all, even if his entire entourage lose their composure.

Several people have been visiting the Ooni but he alone got tear-gassed.

[quote author=Sleekfingers post=71098687][/quote]
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Shikena(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
9gerian:
True talk.

Even England is still under the Queen till tomorrow, and no one is tampering with that culture.

If truly Sowore refused to bow to the Ooni, it may be best for him to remain as an activist so that “Protests” can remain a relevant strategy for solving all problems that he encounters.

A President should be an individual that is level headed enough to see things clearly and make informed decisions for the good of all, even if his entire entourage lose their composure.

Several people have been visiting the Ooni but he alone got tear-gassed.

England has just one ceremonial king/queen. How many do you have in your senatorial district alone? Kings that were neither relevant nor influential in 1618AD, 1718AD or 1818AD, no recognized kingdom or empire at any point in history and now suddenly becoming influential in the 21st century based on 'history & tradition'?? Who is fooling who? Where is Pharaoh of Egypt today?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

What's this mofo saying?
Mofo ? Is that the name of your mother ?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Sleekfingers: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
TimeMachine:
Mofo ? Is that the name of your mother ?

Maybe yours
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Austinleo: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Never seen a dumb comment like this before lol! Bowing to others is a sign of respect not making them God or putting them in the position of God. Culture be taught. Even the Bible or Quran are not against showing respect for whom it's due. Both Religion and tradition respect the order of kingship and elderly. They are never seen as God but as rulers. When you start calling them your God, treating/serving them is when it becomes idolatry...

People! Listen and pay more attention before you talk.

Thanks

TimeMachine:

Bowing down for another is an insult. In fact, it is an insult to bow down for any God. I think some Yorubas who bow for others are infected by some kind of virus that activates worship programs on their sub conscious level. I know not all Yoruba people bow for anyone. Not all will be so unlettered to do that. People like Mike Adenuga will never do such at his present level of understanding of the cosmic mechanics. He may have done so in the past based a level of ignorance.

I love all of things Yorubas stand for, but bowing down for anything whether physical or spiritual is a height of sophisticated ignorance.

Only sophisticated fools will disagree.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by DerrickzB: 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
pressplay411:
Nigeria, especially the youths, will come to value Sowore very soon.
Restoring dignity and order, even though it is by protests and disorder.
May God protect Him.

I concur with you.. You can't literally keep me waiting for you for 3hiure and expect me to be all smiles.. Na u born me??..
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Austinleo:
Never seen a dumb comment like this before lol! Bowing to others is a sign of respect not making them God or putting them in the position of God. Culture be taught. Even the Bible or Quran are not against showing respect for whom it's due. Both Religion and tradition respect the order of kingship and elderly. They are never seen as God but as rulers. When you start calling them your God, treating/serving them is when it becomes idolatry...

People! Listen and pay more attention before you talk.

Thanks

Any book, whether it is a Bible or Koran or Dictionary or Grail Message that asks you to bow down for another should be considered a mind control compendium.

Do not bow for another, except you are a slave, not just a slave, a self-professioned slave.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Rogues, thugs, fraudsters, mentally impaired all aspiring to be Nigeria President.

Thank God none of them can EVER attain the exalted position.

Sowore of all people. Hmmm. Arrant nonsense
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by divineappo(m): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
id911:

Nigerian Youth be wise!!

very stupid comment
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by mechanics(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
The people that do that should be sanctioned.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Organs(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
sanpipita:

Nothing to value about sowore, he is a fraud and will do worse.

Well, i dont really like him, but, what is your proof?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by sanpipita(m): 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Organs:

Well, i dont really like him, but, what is your proof?

He is a renowned blackmailer who uses his media platform to peddle lies and propaganda, lest we forget he works for this so called politicians he says he want to take back Nigeria from

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
chinjo:
Is Sowore really a Yoruba man? The Yoruba's are well known for their respect expeciall for elders. For him not to prostrate for a Kabiyesi is an abomination.

Mine his skull please
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Austinleo: 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
I think you need to understand what bow in this context mean... I will prostrate or Bow for an elderly to show respect doesnt mean i see then as God or gods. Bending a lil when two people greet or are meeting in Asian culture is just a culture. So you need to get it right. I know we all want to go with the trend but me respecting you by bending my neck or knee doesnt mean anything bro.

When u knee as in the religion/worship context and have your forehead against the ground. Now that s another kind of bowing that you can justify by your mentality.

Ornament2003:
Rogues, thugs, fraudsters, mentally impaired all aspiring to be Nigeria President.

Thank God none of them can EVER attain the exalted position.

Sowore of all people. Hmmm. Arrant nonsense
Re: Omoyele Sowore Tear-Gassed At Ooni Of Ife's Palace For Refusing To Prostrate by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
Austinleo:
I think you need to understand what bow in this context mean... I will prostrate or Bow for an elderly to show respect doesnt mean i see then as God or gods. Bending a lil when two people greet or are meeting in Asian culture is just a culture. So you need to get it right. I know we all want to go with the trend but me respecting you by bending my neck or knee doesnt mean anything bro.

When u knee as in the religion/worship context and have your forehead against the ground. Now that s another kind of bowing that you can justify by your mentality.

Your write up is incomprehensible.

Express yourself in English Language, please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo And His Family - Wife, Children - Sons, Daughters (Photos) / Tinubu Wins 9 LGAs In Ekiti / Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.