Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue (2779 Views)

Please Advice Needed On Getting A BMW E60 530i 2005 And A Toyota Camry 2009 Mode / 7 Components To Check If A Car Makes A Whining Sound When Accelerating / Why Is Your Car Making Noise When Reversing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by AutoElectNG: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

We have solved hundreds of car issues on cartalk remotely.

The issue is dogmatism.

I said it was power steering related.

It turned out not to be pump.

Nonetheless it was still power steering related.

It turned out not to be air bubbles in the reservoir.

It turned out not to be leaks in the system.

It turned out not to be related to the main pressure pipe.

It turned out not to be related to welding of the main pressure pipe.

It wasn't an issue with the power steering pump.

It wasn't a clogged power steering reservoir.

There are so many variables.

A dogmatic position is inflexible, it insists it can be A not B not C not D.

A position that is not dogmatic says it could be A or B or C or D.

That was why I said earlier:

All in all the symptoms point in the direction of the power steering pump and related components not the wheel.

I too have assisted others solve problems remotely, two of such remote solutions in a foreign forum have received 2,500 likes and are still counting.

In no way disparaging remote troubleshooting, but the real solution was found during physical inspection.

In the same way as I have gotten remote troubleshooting tips, which had to be implemented hands-on

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
AutoElectNG:

The issue is dogmatism.

I said it was power steering related.

It turned out not to be pump.

Nonetheless it was still power steering related.

It turned out not to be air bubbles in the reservoir.

It turned out not to be leaks in the system.

It turned out not to be related to the main pressure pipe.

It turned out not to be related to welding of the main pressure pipe.

It wasn't an issue with the power steering pump.

It wasn't a clogged power steering reservoir.

There are so many variables.

A dogmatic position is inflexible, it insists it can be A not B not C not D.

A position that is not dogmatic says it could be A or B or C or D.

That was why I said earlier:

All in all the symptoms point in the direction of the power steering pump and related components not the wheel.

I too have assisted others solve problems remotely, two of such remote solutions in a foreign forum have received 2,500 likes and are still counting.

In no way disparaging remote troubleshooting, but the real solution was found during physical inspection.

In the same way as I have gotten remote troubleshooting tips, which had to be implemented hands-on

you know Ike.nna341? grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by radautoworks: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
Glad you got car fixed but this is exactly why we stay away from remote diagnosis. It is a lot more time consuming and prone to guesswork than simply seeing the car. Things like the words used to describe the problem can lead us down the wrong path. In this case, the word "whine".

It is not the customer's fault for not knowing technician lingo. So when you ask us a question and we tell you to just bring the car in, now you see why. Some people are okay with remote diagnosis but personally, I'm not unless in VERY obvious cases.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by thebigkendo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
When I had my own "whine" it was alternator related angry angry angry

Diportivo how far? You exhaust still dey "whine" grin

I don't think we are finished grin grin

Either OP did not give the Genesis or we have not gotten to Revelations

**too much sense** grin grin

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by diportivo: 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Una dey write plenty English for this place o

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by timifakay(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2018
thebigkendo:
When I had my own "whine" it was alternator related angry angry angry

Diportivo how far? You exhaust still dey "whine" grin

I don't think we are finished grin grin

Either OP did not give the Genesis or we have not gotten to Revelations

**too much sense** grin grin

So many topics ontop one car?
Diportivo, no be so your friend Dan take start?
Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by cmoney22222: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Thanks everyone once again.
Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by diportivo: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2018
timifakay:

So many topics ontop one car?
Diportivo, no be so your friend Dan take start?

Dan

and dat general pipe.....when e still dey bia-bia the oda name lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by homeboy205: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2018
Good to see this work give me the pump ooo I dey loyal for ib and I be BIG DIY have been doing a lot of job with my car on my own with the right tools

cmoney22222:
Update, thanks to everyone who responded. I changed my fan belt because it worked already. And also aske a mechanic to help buy the pump. However, I say homeboy205 and decided to see his post work. Lo and behold, the same thing he said is what I was having. I already told the mechanic to buy the pump which he bought and not yet fixed. I told the car to him ask him to buy grease and grease the culprit. Voila no more whining sound again. To contribute to the forum I will be giving out the pump to anyone. Thanks all once again.
Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
nna ehn see plenty English for hia oh........

I bin wan rush commot when I come check my back button the thing turn to "reverse " I look for home button e dey show personalized accommodation....

I say shuoooooooo.......

@ op congrats on ur first extreme DIY investigation..... but did the grease also solve the stiffness problem?
Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by cmoney22222: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2018
yes sir, abeg where english dey?

obekediamondfuto:
nna ehn see plenty English for hia oh........

I bin wan rush commot when I come check my back button the thing turn to "reverse " I look for home button e dey show personalized accommodation....

I say shuoooooooo.......

@ op congrats on ur first extreme DIY investigation..... but did the grease also solve the stiffness problem?
Re: Toyota Camry 2009 Whining Noise Issue by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
cmoney22222:
yes sir, abeg where english dey?

omo autoelect want wound me with English oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

2012 C350 Vs Accord 2014. Advice Needed. / These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) / Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.