Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja (40438 Views)

Made Kuti And Adanna Onyenso Set To Wed (Photos) / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night / Photo Of Fela Kuti And Femi Falana, His Personal Lawyer (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by EzegeNG: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2018

British Music icon, Sir Paul McCartney, who was among international stars who have in the past visited the Afrika Shrine, has revealed how he smoked the strongest weed with Fela in Lagos.

While speaking in a candid interview with Marc Maron for the podcast WTF, a former member of the Beatles, Sir Paul McCartney, who revealed that he choose to record his 1973 album, "Band on the Run" , in Lagos, disclosed how he smoked the strongest marijuana with Fela Kuti.

It was gathered that when McCartney arrived in Nigeria, there were news headlines that Fela Kuti, accused him of
“coming to steal the black man’s music”.
In a bid to make to smoothen things, McCartney invited Fela over to his studio so the Afrobeat legend could listen to his songs.

The British music legend recalled that after he invited Fela to his studio, “he came over with his 30 wives and a studio full of ganja.

"He was one wild cat, he used to have a bottle of whiskey in which was marinating a pound of pot… in the whiskey. We turned out to be real good friends, he got it, he said ‘no you’re not doing that’ [stealing African music].
“Ginger Baker was there, he was his big friend. So, Fela invites us to his club which was outside Lagos, the Afrika Shrine. This was a few of us, little white people, me and a couple of friends. So we go out there and I say, ‘let’s not smoke any pot‘. Cause it’s pretty crazy, we’re out in the jungle and it’s pitch black.

“So we’re sitting there with Fela [at The Shrine] and one of Fela’s guys comes up, he’s crouching and he’s got a packet of Rothmans cigarettes. They’re all joints. He goes, ‘You want one of these?‘ I say, ‘no thanks‘, so he carries around and gets to Ginger Baker who says ‘Yeah man! Sure!’

“Then Fela shouts ‘Ginger Baker! The only man I know never refuse a smoke‘. So I go, ‘A-ha! Ok, I’ll have one of those’. Man. I tripped out. It was so strong. It was stronger than anything I’ve ever had, I don’t know if there was something in it. But in the end, it was a good night.”

The British icon was among international stars – such as James Brown, Gilberto Gil and Hugh Masekela – who visited the Afrika Shrine where Fela and his band thrilled music lovers.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/how-i-smoked-the-strongest-ganja-with-fela-kuti-music-icon-paul-mccartney/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by iammo(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
smiley if only sowore's plans were to be adopted by the next government. I see a booming business ahead, even macron secretly came back to have some weewee.

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
Never underestimate the power of good weed cool

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Beautyprincess(f): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
your headache
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Naijawebmaster: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
Science Student Pioneers. cheesy

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Iscoalarcon: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
Coldplayy:
J
J for Jonathan aka Ebele

3 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by emmylet5000(m): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
sure way to go
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by MARKone(m): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
Must be Oshogbo or kwale weed.

5 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by BruncleZuma: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://i./3Rz8.gif[/img]

You lucky say your brain no knock

[img]https://i./ZHND.gif[/img]

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by ayodaisi: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Just dey pass by
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Rastasattattttatatatta
Chai, ganja no good o.
Respect to Fela.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
J for Jesus
cool
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Mac2016(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
This guy na real musician

2 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Iscoalarcon: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Science students

1 Share

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by apoti(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
EzegeNG:

"He was one wild cat, he used to have a bottle of whiskey in which was marinating a pound of pot… in the whiskey. We turned out to be real good friends, he got it, he said ‘no you’re not doing that’ [stealing African music].

Weed marinated in whiskey shocked shocked shocked shocked Fela no well I swear

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by AlphaStyles(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
No wonder fella dy get strength to sing and dance e go smoke ganja em head go turn

1 Like

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by IamPatriotic(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Awon mentors Sowore The President of WEED EXporters

1 Like

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by olusola200: 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is history

Story for.another day
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by YorubaAssasin: 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
Spirits of OJUELEGBA !!! cool

Sleep on Baba! cool

14 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by tatibillion: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Abami eda

1 Like

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Sharpshooota: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Beatles will live forever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Pharrel22(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fela Anikulapo Kuti..REST ON GRANDPA

3 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by YorubaAssasin: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Beetles will live forever

So will Fela!

9 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Sharpshooota: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
Coldplayy:
Never underestimate the power of good weed cool

I dey tell you

2 Likes

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by lawrence35(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lol.... grin
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Shortyy(f): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
His name rings a bell
Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by emeijeh(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nonsense plus bullshit.

I only respect you Paul, because you are a SIR.

who smoking epp?

1 Like

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by STILESGANG: 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fela is a legend.working with Paul McCartney of the greatest boyband of all time,now that is a big deal.And to think people are comparing wizkid with this man makes it more laughable.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Mccartney: Fela Kuti And I Smoked The Strongest Ganja by Sarkin: 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ipob hooligans are always on fermented Colorado.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde And Her Daughter, Princess Hang Out Together / T.B Joshua In 1997 (Picture) / Runtown's Pregnant Girlfriend Shares Throwback Photo Of Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.