Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application (2310 Views)

Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Renewing My Uk Visa! / I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by jt2010: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
Guys’ at Travel Section, I hail o. I give honour to whom honour is due. Please I need the travel advise or options of the pros in the house as regarding my plan holiday trip to either UK or Europe during my leave period in November. Am single and work as an IT staff of an engineering firm in the oil and gas industry. My take home is about 200k per month. I just want to experience life out Nigeria as a tourist during my two weeks annual leave coming up in November. Am hoping to apply for UK Visa as a general visitor during this period as a tourist. I plan to state in an hotels so I know I need hotel reservation; I also intend booking online for sightseeing tour like a visit to Buckingham Palace, Big Bus Company, Chelsea Football Club: Stadium Tours.

This is just my plan, but here is my financial status as of today. I do have about 1.3M in my account, 1.2M Stocks through a stock brokering firm. A Land mortgage in Ofada for 550K. I have paid about 300K. Please I need your advise.
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by joxiri: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2010
Well if you properly prepare your application I see no reason why you won't get a visa you need to convince them you will return
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2010
I won't bother asking about your previous travel history yet.

Three things are of primary importance on your application.

1. Your employment status - IT staff of an engineering firm in the oil and gas industry

2. Ability to fund your trip and not be a burden to the state - My take home is about 200k per month + I do have about 1.3M in my account

3. Strong ties proving you will return to the country - IT staff of an engineering firm in the oil and gas industry + 1.2M Stocks through a stock brokering firm + A Land mortgage in Ofada for 550K. I have paid about 300K.

I believe you have all three. However, I must add that the funds in your current account carry much more weight than your stocks or your land.

The next important thing is to fill your visa application truthfully and correctly. The guidance notes are a brilliant tool to help you fill in your form. The questions are so simple that they could be misunderstood. Take them at face value.

If you need more help please post your questions here and I'm sure we will be able to assist you.

Cheers
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by justwise(m): 8:49am On Jul 03, 2010
@ jt2010

The 2 posters b4 me have done justice to ur question, they have given you alot to go with.
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by jt2010: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2010
Thank guys, but i  have a concern base on ahonohai   statement "However, I must add that the funds in your current account carry much more weight than your stocks or your land"
I have two account, one is a salary account while the other is my personal account with GT, this personal account include a current, saving, dom, and credit card accounts. My concern is base on the fact that i don't use my salary account other than to receive my salary and immediately such salary is paid into the account, i trasnfer such fund into my personal (current) account. Thus i later transfer it from my current to saving account (online) because of bank charges, COT etc,  on current account. My point is that, I use more of my saving account than the current account. (Mind you, if you use GTBank, all account share the same account number expect for account identificate code, 1590 - Saving, 110 - Current, 210 -Dom etc) I hope this will not became an issue, thus i was told by my account officer that they also provide letter of confirmation of accounts for visa applicants including statement of account.

So here is the documents am planning to submit.
1) Letter of introduction from my office
2) My offer letter plus confirmation of appointment, promotion letters/salary incensement’s
3) Hotel booking Confirmation for 7 nights
4) Sightsee tour and Chelsea Football Club: Stadium Tours booking confirmation.
5) My GTB bank statements and my salary account statement with letter of confirmation from both banks.
6) CSCS statement of account (Stocks)
7) Land mortgage agreement and receipts of payment (thus am thinking of getting a letter from them (property company)
cool Payment Slip for six months

Any suggestion of additional and to remove will be appreciated.
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by jt2010: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2010
@ ahonohai,
"I won't bother asking about your previous travel history yet". I do not have any previous travel history.
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by dancewith: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2010
jt2010:

Guys’ at Travel Section, I hail o. I give honour to whom honour is due. Please I need the travel advise or options of the pros in the house as regarding my plan holiday trip to either UK or Europe during my leave period in November. Am single and work as an IT staff of an engineering firm in the oil and gas industry. My take home is about 200k per month. I just want to experience life out Nigeria as a tourist during my two weeks annual leave coming up in November. Am hoping to apply for UK Visa as a general visitor during this period as a tourist. I plan to state in an hotels so I know I need hotel reservation; I also intend booking online for sightseeing tour like a visit to Buckingham Palace, Big Bus Company, Chelsea Football Club: Stadium Tours.

This is just my plan, but here is my financial status as of today. I do have about 1.3M in my account, 1.2M Stocks through a stock brokering firm. A Land mortgage in Ofada for 550K. I have paid about 300K. Please I need your advise.

Going to UK is an expensive proposition. The cost versus the benefit is skewed more on the former. I will advice that with your current networth, you will do well to stay home and continue saving more towards a better future. If they grant the visa, a big chunk of your N1.3m will go up in smoke and you well benefit nothing in return

In the future, when you are worth more, maybe but now, pls invest what you presently have

Good luck
Re: Help Concerning My Uk Visa Application by largehead: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
Apply for US and Canada Work permit.
Email @ miguel95smoke@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

AirAsiaQZ8501:flight Attendant Final Heartbreaking Note:i Love You From 38,000ft / World’s 1st Roller Coaster Bridge / I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.