Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears (28814 Views)

Saraki Promises To Offset Kwara Workers Salary Arrears / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by BuhariCarryGo: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has authorised the release of N19.8 billion for payment of four months salary of the workers as well as pensioners.

The State’s Commissioner for Finance Bola Oyebamiji, in a statement on Tuesday said the governor had approved the release of nineteen billion, eight hundred and one million, three hundred and twenty-eight thousand, two hundred and seventy-one naira, twenty-two kobo for disbursement to the workers and pensioners.

The workers are being owed a backlog of salaries, with some cadre receiving only portions of their pay.

The state government applauded the workers for their perseverance and commitment to the state despite its lean finances, in a statement.

“In line with its agenda and fulfillment of its promise to the state workers regarding prioritisation of their welfare above others, the government of the State of Osun has commenced payment of full salary and arrears in line with available resources.

“This decision was taken at the meeting of the Fund Apportionment Committee led by Comrade Hassan Sumonu with labour and government representatives in attendance.

“In line with labour unions’ demands and current financial position of the state, government of the State of Osun led by Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has authorised payment of of four (4) months salary arrears and 2016 leave bonus to its workers.

“Also, Mr Governor has directed that going-forward, workers in the state should be paid their full salary as and when due to demonstrate his commitment to his earlier promises.

“With this, Government of the State of Osun has commenced gradual disbursement of Nineteen Billion, Eight Hundred and One Million, Three Hundred and Twenty-Eight Thousand, Two Hundred and Seventy-One Naira, Twenty-Two Kobo (19,801,328,271.22) as salaries and other entitlements to its workers”, the statement read.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/just-in-aregbesola-releases-n19-8-billion-for-workers-salary-arrears.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by ManirBK: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
See Massive development!
please help me flash little Lizard Fayose abeg!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by FiftyFifty(m): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Alejoc(m): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Voters inducement [center][/center] grin

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Aquariann: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
A welcome development. Na their money so pay them. Even the Good Books says a worker deserves his wages.

My company has been owing just last month's salary and today at the office my subordinates were just staring at me and asking Oga how far na. Nothing dey house o, E don red for us. School don resume etc.

I just gave them hope that this week when I wasn't even sure. Lol.

But as I just got to my gate this evening, alert enter. Though I have no responsibility and wasn't exactly broke myself (cos of plenty side hustles), I was happy for my colleagues and their families. Same way I share in the joy of this news for Osun workers

So nobody should mention vote buying here. Na d workers money. What better time to get all your backlog of salaries than when kids are resuming school.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by henchamb(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Pdp will still cry about it
They will call it vote buying.
I wonder where ikpeazu will get billions to pay Abia workers for 7 months

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by upower123(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Election time... Paying of salaries... Nigeria politicians are the most wicked set of people... Many workers and pensioners have die... It is time for elections they are now paying salaries...

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by ozo13(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nice development. Atleast na dr legitimate money

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by OBAGADAFFI: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
What a sick country

So because of elections, he decided to pay salaries.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by salford: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Why are these people so wicked?
How low can they go?
Paying arrears of salary just before elections.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Victornezzar: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Paris club fund

Issokay

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by playmaker10: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
ManirBK:
See Massive development! please help me flash little Lizard Fayose abeg!

are you normal? development or their entitlement?

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by BruncleZuma: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by cana882(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Paris club fund working

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
So if he was not threatened with the fg fund he will not pay workers undecided

Imagine paying 2016 leave bonus in 2018 shocked shocked

Wicked people in governance

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by MARKone(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
So why him no release before, Aregbe Rascal...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by bigfish3k: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
where has this money been since

hmnm, programmed election gimmick

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by NaijaMutant(f): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
APC will surely lose Osun state.

And that will mark their downfall

No amount of vote buying or lobbying will rescue the dying party angry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Segunade10: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by NaijaMutant(f): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
bigfish3k:
where has this money been since

hmnm, programmed election gimmick

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by amaniro: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
. A week to election. Chai?! Nigeria how did we get here? Though it calls for celebration but..... let me keep shut first

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
So ...osun get this kind of money..
Then y do they find it difficult to pay workers in the first place..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Buhari2019: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sai Baba
Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by arcnomec(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Why wait till election time before you pay.So many lives has been lost as a result of non payment of salaries.This is just to curry favour from the poor masses. Wicked politicians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by tolase220(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Politrics!!! I smell a rat!
Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Richdad50(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Who we offend for this country.
Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by BrokenCock: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Paris Club Refunds cheesy !!!

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by yeyeboi(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by Obinkita(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Aregbesola why have you been withholding the salary of Osun workers? Why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by gurunlocker: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
ManirBK:
See Massive development!
please help me flash little Lizard Fayose abeg!

Have you asked yourself where they've kept the money since? They suddenly remember to pay salary when election is near.

Salary is workers right and paying it is not an achievement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Releases N19.8 Billion For Workers’ Salary Arrears by centoke30(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
henchamb:
Pdp will still cry about it
They will call it vote buying.
I wonder where ikpeazu will get billions to pay Abia workers for 7 months

please which government establishment is he owing 7 months?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Exhibits Police Are Using Against Deji Adeyanju & Others – PIX / PDP Rivers Chapter Flags Off Campaign In Grand Style / Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.