Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (59284 Views)

Bad Roads In Lagos: Residents, Motorists Groan / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 12, 2018
Op this is small compared to other areas in lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:44am On Sep 12, 2018
Hotfreeze:

I think it's Lagos.

If its Aba, you'll see pigs looking like humans. You won't even know they're pigs until they talk.

Oh, I just saw 2 pigs selling gala and fan yogo.
I will prefer a pig to a vulture anytime, any day.

13 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:48am On Sep 12, 2018
webincomeplus:
Lagos might be "overhyped" or "dirty". But that doesn't stop some people from trooping into Lagos en masse as though their mission in life can never be accomplished outside Lagos. Interestingly, these same people come to the Lagos they pretend to hate, and they stay there forever.

Hate Lagos as much as you can, but it remains the leading state in Nigeria, and home to the biggest opportunities in the country.
How many of them are trooping to Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land. Ambode is from Ondo, Faleke, Ikeja House of Rep member is from Kogi. Igbos have 3 members representing Lagos, a LGA deputy Chairman.

A Benin prince is the Oba of Lagos.

Stop deceiving yourself. Tell us another story please.

24 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by dangoteinlaw: 6:48am On Sep 12, 2018
Lmao this definitely ojo, close to military cant. U can tell by he kind of buildings, Lago start from Alimosho lcda, got it?? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Splashme: 7:08am On Sep 12, 2018
yourstruly123:
Op lagos is overhyped. After all this afonjaic bastard will be making mouth with their dirty lagos.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by FarahAideed: 7:16am On Sep 12, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Have you ever asked any lagosian plying that route and they attested to all being well?

You all would just come with you generalization, whether because of hate or jealousy I really do not understand.

Not everywhere is developed in any state in any country.

So please where exactlyvis developed in Lagos ? 70 percent of people that live in the lekki Ajah to Awoyaya axis live on untarred dirt mud roads,... The whole of VI and IKOYI is not even that motorable .... Abeg where is this developers place in Lagos that I don't know

16 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by columbus007(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2018
getting ready to live this Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 12, 2018
Nigeria politics! They have started attacking Ambode because Tinubu no like am again. You guys were opening thread about Ambode's good works when when the going was good, but now na to attack his personality una like? How one man controls a state marvels me!

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by gunuvi(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2018
Firefire:
Unfortunately, that area is no longer Lagos State, Nigeria. You guys need to seek for referendum and join Benin Republic.

APC Government failed woefully in providing any basic infrastructure in that part.

The road in question (10 lanes) was initiated by Tunde Fashola in 2008, and 10 years after no meaningful closure.

I weep seeing my base and my people being subjected to daily agony on that road.

Mile 2 to Agbara, a trip of 45 mins now takes minimum of 7 hours.

Cc:

Gunuvi, na so we go dey? cry
Those of us from badagry axis have been cut out of Nigeria. Apc is a devilish party inflicting pains everywhere they go but this 2019, power must change hands

11 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by trendingsleek: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2018
Thanks op for the picture, after ambode will come for second term , what did he do here? Nothing!!! This picture will go places

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

[s]How many of them are trooping to Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land. Ambode is from Ondo, Faleke, Ikeja House of Rep member is from Kogi. Igbos have 3 members representing Lagos, a LGA deputy Chairman.

A Benin prince is the Oba of Lagos.

Stop deceiving yourself. Tell us another story please.[/s]

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by chudi55: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2018
Lagos rated the 7th worst city in the world

6 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by enoch273: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

IYANOBA/BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD

Seems you stay around this axis

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2018
Hotfreeze:

I think it's Lagos.

If its Aba, you'll see pigs looking like humans. You won't even know they're pigs until they talk.

Oh, I just saw 2 pigs selling gala and fan yogo.

No. It's Lagos. I know that road very well.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by bigpicture001: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2018
General2COAS:
Alakija>>>>>>>Trade Fair underbridge>>>>>Barracks>>>>>*iyana-Iba>>>>>>>Igbo-elerin junction>>>>>>Iyana Isashi>>>>>>Divine-ketu>>>>>Iyana Era.

Should you be unfortunate to pass through these routes, you would understand better.

I hail those living within that axis.

it ain't Easy even for Prophet Ezekiel
....it is deliberately abandoned...dts Hw apc plays their politics of bitterness, u dnt vote for dem,u don't get project....thats opposition strong hold

6 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Kaybaba5(m): 7:56am On Sep 12, 2018
FreddyKruger:
Such a nasty dirty environment. APC has failed lagos state.

Mr Man it is everywhere even here in asaba,Delta State....
Ibi gbogbo la ti n ko adie ale....
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Paintylinersold: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2018
Except for Lekki cheesy nawa ooooo Lekki. Na
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Akabuking: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2018
must you live in Lagos, is Lagos the only state?

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by freeze001(f): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2018
Almaiga:
This is Paradise compared to Abba. I've never seen a State with failed Governments, year in year out like Abia State.

What is bad is bad. This idea of my bad is better or more manageable than your bad will take us nowhere and that is why Nigeria is the way it is till tomorrow. Everyone in affected areas like these and citizens generally should be able to direct all anger and vituperation at the government of the day, whether state or federal, for failing to deliver good governance and infrastructure to the people. It is failed governance/bad leadership not peculiar to any state or tribe.

Tomorrow some of you will say politicians are using or have used ethno-religious sentiments to divide the country yet in something as simple as this some loony oaf tries to bring tribe/ethnicity into the discourse!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Jaqenhghar: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2018
This is the most developed city in Niggeria grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by windvane(m): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2018
sirfemoz:

Nobody is disputing that fact, but the issue here is that government should take responsibility. They collect tax from us, yet we have bad infrastructure. What do they do with those tax? Driving into Victoria Island these days is hell, just because of one bad spot at bonny camp.
You have said it all,please do not compare lagos to any other state that don't generate same income.Ordinary road(Yes i will call it ordinary compared to what the state generates)we lack it in lagos.Come to able egba,ogba,jiu,eyes sore,every road linking the express is bad.Must we beg the president of France visit these places so the government can do something?With what Lagos makes,julius berger should be on every road working....I am so surprise that a road constructed 3 months ago at abule ebba is now a death trap!

9 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2018
sirfemoz:

Nobody is disputing that fact, but the issue here is that government should take responsibility. They collect tax from us, yet we have bad infrastructure. What do they do with those tax? Driving into Victoria Island these days is hell, just because of one bad spot at bonny camp.

That road is actually a federal road oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Triniti(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2018
The deplorable nature of that road is something else, the filth I saw on that road on my way to Ghana, especially that market & lasu gate axis was way out of this world

5 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by richeeyo(m): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2018
Arda1000:
must u tell the op to shut up even when u know she is telling the truth?
Did we ask you to go and leave inside potopoto
Its been raining for almost a week now
And when the sun shines for a few minutes the place is dried
Surulere

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2018
Yes, I was there a few months back on a visit. The major road around Iyanoba is so bad but once you enter the road leading to Lasu to the LGA it feels like you are abroad. I don't understand, must be cause of different contractors and politics

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Customer80: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2018
You have to pay 500 naira to a bike man to get to mile 2,while going back, I paid the same amount, the road is infrastructure is really worst in ojo axis, if you enter a bus you will spend not less than 5 hours to get to mile 2 from iyana iba.

Ambode has failed us living in that area

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Jaqenhghar: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2018
chudi55:
Lagos rated the 7th worst city in the world
...and they will be beating chest as if Lagos is one Milan. grin

8 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by windvane(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2018
ehissi:

That road is actually a federal road oooo
Please lets stop shifting blames.....What do you mean by federal road?Airport road,Lagos to Abeokuta,is what please?Is lagos not working on it?When our leader make so much money out of us and give us crumps and we rejoice,it is a big slap on our faces

16 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by AlphaStyles(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2018
Hmmm it is well
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Customer80: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Yes, I was there a few months back on a visit. The major road around Iyanoba is so bad but once you enter the road leading to Lasu to the LGA it feels like you are abroad. I don't understand, must be cause of different contractors and politics
which road leading to lasu resemble abroad? Road that when it rains, becomes water logged, anyway the complain is about Lagos badagry expressway

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by GURION: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

IYANOBA/BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD

The whole length of Lagos-Badagry Expressway is a nightmare.

We pay for certificate of road-worthiness, yet the roads we ply are not car-worthy

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best European Country To Live In. / Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.