Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:51 AM

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most (29383 Views)

What You Need To Know Before You Borrow Nigerians Money- Victor Njimogu / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by 24hoursreporter: 2:12am On Sep 12, 2018
Civilization and advancement in technology come with its own share of expenses. As a matter of fact, there are certain spending habits that are fast becoming normal routines in our lives. However, this article will focus on the top 7 things that consume Nigerians’ money most.

If you live in Nigeria, you will agree with me that there are certain things we spend money almost on daily basis. These little expenses consume a large percentage of our income.

Therefore, this article will alert you on some of these expenses so that you can adjust your spending accordingly. Below is a list of top 7 things that consume Nigerians’ money most.

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most

#1. Mobile Phones

One of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most is Mobile phone. This may sound funny, but take a critical look at it, an average Nigerian buys a mobile phone at least twice in a year.

In fact, some people are so addicted to Smart Phones that they always buy the latest iPhone, Samsung, Infinix or Tecno Smart Phones. These mobile phone addicts will always go extra mile to get a new phone once they spot it.

#2. Aso -Ebi For Marriage Ceremonies

Aso Ebi is also among the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. As a matter of fact, it is fast becoming a norm in Nigeria for friends, relations, colleagues even neighbours to buy Aso Ebi a marriage ceremony.

Funny enough, once you fail to buy Aso Ebi, I tell you, the bride or groom will tag you their number one enemy. As I am writing this, I have over 10 Aso Ebi material that I am yet to sew. Oops, if there is a way to stop this, it could have been very awesome.

#3. Data For Browsing

Data is another area Nigerians spend money on heavily. 7 out of every 10 Nigerians definitely have a Smartphone that requires data for internet connection. Thus, they spend money on buying data. Especially those whose second home is social media.

It may interest you to know that some Nigerians spend as high as ₦5000 for data per month.

#4. Recharge Cards For Calls

You definitely don’t need a soothsayer to know that recharge card is one of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. It is arguably one of the areas most Nigerians spend on the most.

No matter how broke you are, you must try to buy recharge card especially when you are in a serious relationship. An average Nigerian spends a minimum of ₦700 on recharge card Per week. Oops! This is about two thousand eight hundred naira a month.

#5. Fuel For Generator and Car

Fuel is another area that consumes Nigerians money. Most people in Nigeria either have a car or generator that requires fuel to operate.

As it is now, a litre of fuel is sold for about ₦145 in Nigeria. Do the maths, you will understand how Nigerians spend a huge amount of money on Fuel every day.

#6. Alcohol

Alcohol is also part of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. Most guys in Nigeria consume at least two bottles of alcohol a day. Some people may even prefer buying you alcohol to giving you money.

#7. Transportation

Transportation is another area that consumes our money very well in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, most people spend a large proportion of their income on transportation. You will understand what I am saying if you live in Lagos.

source: 24hoursreporter

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Daevid(m): 5:17am On Sep 12, 2018
Olosho!!! ���� Bet9ja

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Makalele1: 6:09am On Sep 12, 2018
BET9JA

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by lincsnuel: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2018
Betting!!!!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by mohd001: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2018
this is so sad in this Nigeria. when you are spending out #5,000 and you have not yet earn #500.
In Europe, people usually spend far less as compare to Nigerian despite their huge wealth. this is the main reaon why they can never get poor.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by mohd001: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2018
this is so sad in this Nigeria. when you are spending out #5,000 and you have not yet earn #500.
In Europe, people usually spend far less as compare to Nigerian despite their huge wealth. this is the main reaon why they can never get poor.
May God help us

6 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by emmabest2000(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2018
Tithe

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Groovenaija360(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by tayo4ng(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Divay22(f): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2018
It was before i use to worry about buying Aso-Ebi or getting the money to buy it, now babe gat so much to worry about.

5 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Khd95(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2018
Me i am stuck between saving and *you only live once*

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Deltatoto: 10:48am On Sep 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Civilization and advancement in technology come with its own share of expenses. As a matter of fact, there are certain spending habits that are fast becoming normal routines in our lives. However, this article will focus on the top 7 things that consume Nigerians’ money most.

If you live in Nigeria, you will agree with me that there are certain things we spend money almost on daily basis. These little expenses consume a large percentage of our income.

Therefore, this article will alert you on some of these expenses so that you can adjust your spending accordingly. Below is a list of top 7 things that consume Nigerians’ money most.

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most

#1. Mobile Phones

One of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most is Mobile phone. This may sound funny, but take a critical look at it, an average Nigerian buys a mobile phone at least twice in a year.

In fact, some people are so addicted to Smart Phones that they always buy the latest iPhone, Samsung, Infinix or Tecno Smart Phones. These mobile phone addicts will always go extra mile to get a new phone once they spot it.

#2. Aso -Ebi For Marriage Ceremonies

Aso Ebi is also among the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. As a matter of fact, it is fast becoming a norm in Nigeria for friends, relations, colleagues even neighbours to buy Aso Ebi a marriage ceremony.

Funny enough, once you fail to buy Aso Ebi, I tell you, the bride or groom will tag you their number one enemy. As I am writing this, I have over 10 Aso Ebi material that I am yet to sew. Oops, if there is a way to stop this, it could have been very awesome.

#3. Data For Browsing

Data is another area Nigerians spend money on heavily. 7 out of every 10 Nigerians definitely have a Smartphone that requires data for internet connection. Thus, they spend money on buying data. Especially those whose second home is social media.

It may interest you to know that some Nigerians spend as high as ₦5000 for data per month.

#4. Recharge Cards For Calls

You definitely don’t need a soothsayer to know that recharge card is one of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. It is arguably one of the areas most Nigerians spend on the most.

No matter how broke you are, you must try to buy recharge card especially when you are in a serious relationship. An average Nigerian spends a minimum of ₦700 on recharge card Per week. Oops! This is about two thousand eight hundred naira a month.

#5. Fuel For Generator and Car

Fuel is another area that consumes Nigerians money. Most people in Nigeria either have a car or generator that requires fuel to operate.

As it is now, a litre of fuel is sold for about ₦145 in Nigeria. Do the maths, you will understand how Nigerians spend a huge amount of money on Fuel every day.

#6. Alcohol

Alcohol is also part of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. Most guys in Nigeria consume at least two bottles of alcohol a day. Some people may even prefer buying you alcohol to giving you money.

#7. Transportation

Transportation is another area that consumes our money very well in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, most people spend a large proportion of their income on transportation. You will understand what I am saying if you live in Lagos.

source: 24hoursreporter

fuel don kill me I do over 100k in a month

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by originals1(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2018
U didnt add women to the list?

Meanwhile, check my signature if you're interested in buying an instagram account wink

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Hopebringer: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2018
Khd95:

grin
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by asawanathegreat(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2018
Very true
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by dublinkmy6: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2018
nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by krestup: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2018
You didn't include family & friends problems.. lol

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Okwesa: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2018
Fuel and data
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by natureem: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2018
Am only bothered by 1, 3, 4, & 7.
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Rick9(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Some expenses are inevitable

5 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2018
It depends on individuals preference. I'm only guilty of data
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by jtjohn(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2018
No 3 is were most youth spend there money.... you can do without data...... data is life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by tuna4servi(m): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Correct �
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by nymphomaniac(m): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Data
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by JacksonOyibo: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2018
smiley
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by ElRapido: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2018
Handouts for students

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by SachaBastien(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2018
1,3,4,5.... My love, my life.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by toyinjimoh(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2018
Am really spending much on betting without winning, May God answer our prayer one need to stop betting...it's d situation of the country, betting no be am at all

9 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Phemi93(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Khd95:

Deep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / Canva Pro Team Invite Link 2023 / 100% Working / TB Joshua Reacts To New Gay Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.