Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” (2047 Views)

10 Phrases You Have Been Saying Wrong All This While / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance / Confusing English Words/Phrases You Probably Do Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by AjalaJ(m): 3:23am On Sep 12, 2018
What’s the difference between the phrases “you and me” and “you and I”?

Good question!

CAUTION: These days you may read or hear otherwise well-educated people (e.g., journalists, authors, educators, speakers) misuse these phrases. Do not imitate their bad examples!

PRO TIP: Use “you and I” as a subject, and use “you and me” as either a direct object, indirect object, or object of a preposition. Examples are below.

SUBJECT: You and I are best friends. You and I both understand English. You and I love to travel together.

DIRECT OBJECT: Ava invited you and me to the party.

INDIRECT OBJECT: Gigi told you and me the whole story.

OBJECT OF A PREPOSITION: Shaun gave it to you and me.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-s-the-difference-between-the-phrases-you-and-me-and-you-and-I

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: Itu Global

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by skyoboy(m): 4:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Educative!
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by ehbellsho(m): 5:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Thanks for the knowledge
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Elicotex(m): 6:27am On Sep 12, 2018
Nice one
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by femi4: 6:36am On Sep 12, 2018
You and myself nko

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Daevid(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2018
What about 'Me and you' �� 'one on one'

5 Likes

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by IamPatriotic(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2018
"You and me" is "us" while "you and I" is "We". simple!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Airoflaw(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2018
English
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by cassidy1996(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Good one, is just that i forget as soon as i close this page

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by DaddyELEPHANT: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Awesome

Cc GrammarNazi1

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Lagbaja01(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Im still in same state of confusion even after reading it through 3 times grin....who English help sef tongue
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
IamPatriotic:
"You and me" is "us" while "you and I" is "We". simple!
You Made It More Easier
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
Tiri gbosa for u
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Stevewonder004(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Walai i no understand anything here at all at all

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by heryur(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Is either you kill english or english kill you is all I know

Ede eyinbo ki se ti baba mi
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Popularity(m): 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
What about Myself and I, for example, Tobi gave myself and I some oranges
Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by Botfuss: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Daevid:
What about 'Me and you' �� 'one on one'
;Dshaku shaku

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” by ituglobal(m): 3:49am On Sep 13, 2018
Thanks for this education.

(1) (Reply)

. / Download FREE NDA Past Questions / Oou Post Ume Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.