Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady (34288 Views)

BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation / "Student Dies After Taking Alcohol, Codeine, Tramadol & Marijuana" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by HeWrites(m): 4:29am On Sep 12, 2018
A Nigerian lady has shared her sad story of how her husband was murdered by Boko Haram members and how she turned to Codeine and weed for comfort.

Narrating her story to Bits by Borno, she said;
''There were so many losses in my life. My father died. My husband was killed by Bokoharam. I was happily married and my husband was a driver.

He drove big trucks from Lagos to Maiduguri and provided everything for me. We were so happy. I have a daughter Khadijah who now lives with my mother.

When my husband was killed, I didn’t want to move in with her and her husband. I didn’t want to be the reason her marriage failed. Because I didn’t like the man she married after my father died.

So I went to live with my uncle. And you know when a house isn’t your home, you face so many things. I was mistreated badly in the house and my clothes were thrown out. His family kicked me out of their house. I didn’t know where to go or what to do.

And that was when I decided to move in with one of my friends and they introduced me to this lifestyle. I take about four bottles of codeine, I smoke weed and also swallow tablets. I don’t think too much when I take all of these. I feel happy"

https://www.torimill.co/news/9743/i-got-addicted-to-codeine-and-weed-after-my-husband-was-killed-by-boko-haram-lady.html

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by JudasNaCarrot: 4:48am On Sep 12, 2018
That is not enough reason to live a very useless and worthless life.
So many people have faced similar situations or even worse than yours,so why do you decide to compound your problems by going into drugs.

Taking drugs,cannabis or alcohol has never solved a problems in human life. It gives you false and temporary relief feelings and you are faced with the realities of life once the chemical that gives you that feelings fades away....hence you continue to indulge and become addicted.

You can keep your mind together by going into petty trading,farming,community service, religious activities and keeping good friends.

47 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Kanixt(m): 4:54am On Sep 12, 2018
why you no want show her real face, despite telling us about her codeine's?

2 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by harryboyng(m): 5:04am On Sep 12, 2018
You better seek for help else you would join yohr husband soon at the great beyond grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Riversides2003(m): 5:06am On Sep 12, 2018
You must be a student of Olamide now.

1 Like

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 12, 2018
angry
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by mokt(m): 5:06am On Sep 12, 2018
Why u lying?

9 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Konisewu: 5:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Codeine diet

2 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by jayson87: 5:08am On Sep 12, 2018
you can tell this lady is one heck of a fine woman from her side view.

I understand her plight, depression makes the most expected do the unexpected

39 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Tallesty1(m): 5:08am On Sep 12, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
OK...you will soon join your husband.
Stupid woman.
Are you for real?

6 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by lonlytroy(m): 5:09am On Sep 12, 2018
Is there any rehabilitation centre in Nigeria?
This woman is not alone, depression is killing Nigerians gradually

9 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Timinho23: 5:09am On Sep 12, 2018
Those criticizing her don't know the psychology of this kind of losses. Some people cope with circumstances in a very cool way, Others need guidance to cope, others could be miserable. just because these things have not happened to us, or we have good people around us doesn't mean we should not have empathy with them

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by shagasha: 5:10am On Sep 12, 2018
Make we buy more for u?
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by sloo1: 5:10am On Sep 12, 2018
@ judasnacarrot Dont call her names, probably u are still young and inexperienced. I know a lot of people who, at one point in their life, have considered taking their life. what she needs is help

12 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Pray(m): 5:11am On Sep 12, 2018
People should pray never to go through rejection and distress. Glad she hasn't commit suicide. She shud hit rehab asap.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by 12345baba(m): 5:13am On Sep 12, 2018
Fine geh

1 Like

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:15am On Sep 12, 2018
God will take control just give your life to jesus and let him take the driver seat � of your life again.

Then the true happiness shall set in

3 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by wolesmile(m): 5:16am On Sep 12, 2018
And that is enough reason to become an addict?
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by cana882(m): 5:17am On Sep 12, 2018
She's on a codeine diet
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Twagrill(m): 5:17am On Sep 12, 2018
Depression is not good at all and i know how it feels. May God help her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by TechConsult: 5:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Eyah
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by fasho01(m): 5:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Quite sad. People go through a lot that causes depression and sadly many of them turn to substances for succor not knowing it's only worsening the situation..

4 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Martinez19(m): 5:23am On Sep 12, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
That is not enough reason to live a very useless and worthless life.
So many people have faced similar situations or even worse than yours,so why do you decide to compound your problems by going into drugs.

Taking drugs,cannabis or alcohol has never solved a problems in human life. It gives you false and temporary relief feelings and you are faced with the realities of life once the chemical that gives you that feelings fades away....hence you continue to indulge and become addicted.

You can keep your mind together by going into petty trading,farming,community service, religious activities and keeping good friends.
@bolded
While I don't agree with her decision to use drugs to cope, I think we shouldn't compare her with other widows. People are different, so are their circumstances and status. We can never tell the depth of affection, attachment and bond she shared with the husband. We can never tell if she was a stay at home wife and the husband left her with nothing. We also can't tell the kind of in-laws she has as we know some are demons in human skin.

@red
True. Also the body builds up tolerance and high doses are needed to feel the same high putting the user at the risk of overdosing.

@blue
Nice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Imperare(f): 5:24am On Sep 12, 2018
sorry ma

1 Like

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by 1Dray(m): 5:25am On Sep 12, 2018
mokt:
Why u lying?

Everything seems like lie to novice like you.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by egusbaba(m): 5:26am On Sep 12, 2018
only people who have experienced it would really know how you feel but somehow I don't believe the story, cos some of these bloggers contort stories just to have traffic
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Baawaa(m): 5:33am On Sep 12, 2018
You damaged your life not mine, grin grin grin grin
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by ehbellsho(m): 5:35am On Sep 12, 2018
There's no excuse for failure.

That is what have long been on your mind. You just needed an opportunity to manifest the inner you.

Good luck with that.

I pity your life though
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by somude: 5:36am On Sep 12, 2018
You are a junky, don't peg it on the death of your husband.
Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by marylandcakes: 5:37am On Sep 12, 2018
Nigerians are very judgmental and most of them have This holier than thou attitude. Those of you criticising this lady should come down from your high horses and see what the real problem is.

This young lady went through a traumatic event by way of a family bereavement, in a country like Nigeria where there is no support e.g counselling or financial. It is very easy to get that temporary relief from drugs. I don’t even think she has got over the death of her father. What she needs now is support not condemnation.

Like someone mentioned many people go through worst. People are different, some are stronger and some are weaker. Let’s try and be less judgmental and look at the real issues here.

12 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by Pavore9: 5:39am On Sep 12, 2018
wolesmile:
And that is enough reason to become an addict?

Just hope you don't psychologically find yourself in a dark place.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady by mokt(m): 5:41am On Sep 12, 2018
1Dray:

You novice like you seems like lie.

Oya prof, explain to us na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Mutant Form Of COVID-19 Discovered In Nigeria - Africa CDC / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / 10 Habits That Cause Body Odor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.