Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law (72988 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Aquariann: 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
Looks like an Akwa Ibom list from the contents and wordings

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by ransome001(m): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
e won marry st mary abi virgin mary
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by czarina(f): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yambee:
This list long ohhh.

Hungerbad(Seun) come and analyse this list like you do every thing.

Are they selling the woman?what tribe is the woman?
Is Seu.n the same person as Hungerba.d,?
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Govo4me2u(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
My love for the lady will just vanish, or if I even pay non of her relatives will come near my gate is over between me and the family.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Ònye Igbo spotted. My brother, ₦3m for a traditional wedding is NOT worth it. I'd rather give my wife the ₦3m than give all those village people.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Just FEED her Village people for Once and Runaway, that’s all.
Meanwhile don’t you think u can encounter a LADY that earns 2million every month...??
What will you do then, when such List is given 2u by her kinsmen..??
Tell me the TRUTH

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
If dem give me dis kind list. Even if i will ever pay such, i go carry the girl plus her sister join. Double rewards grin.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by DrHighchief(m): 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
YesNo:
this is a lie joooor..
tell us another outrageous super story

they even put SPADE and WHEELBARROW.

12 bottles of kai kai

shey na burial ?
Is true bro.. If I tell u my experience in d hands of rivers people, u go run. They just use it as a means of exploitation... Too bad

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Suspect33(m): 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingcesar:
My brother don’t panic. Give her belle tell her say una village oracle they kill anybody wey try to abort pikin.. 7months leta the father go reduce the list to
1 create of beer and 20cups of white rice them go use their own money cook stew
lol, I am laughing too hard at this statement of yours grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by consultancy: 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
this is not realistic. but again, diverse cultures and traditions exist that we never heard of
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by newdawn2017(f): 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
Which kind list be this? shocked oga leave their daughter for them
Y? There is deep is deep love involved
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by FreemanUYB(m): 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
Biglittlelois:
When you see "snuff" there just know it's Igbo list cheesy

its not Igbo you slowpoke
its akwa ibom
that's why they have high rate of single mothers !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by airsaylongcon: 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Hahahahahahahahaha
Just FEED her Village people for Once and Runaway, that’s all.
Meanwhile don’t you think u can encounter a LADY that earns 3million every month...??
What will you do then, when such List is given 2u by her kinsmen..??
Tell me the TRUTH

Let me be honest with you. I worked in a company where entry level staff earned at least ₦1.5m so meeting female staff earning ₦3m was a high possibility.

Now we must concede that coming from two different tribes in Nigeria we view bride prices differently. My people see bride price as a token you pay to marry their daughter. At death you (or your people in case u die before her) MUST return her remains for interment at her father's village. With a small token as bride price there is absolutely no qualms when her family people come for one or two small favours within your reach. Even if it is outside your reach you will still stretch body. That's because they haven't "killed" you during bride price season.

However amongst my brothers in the east bride price is viewed completely differently.

So to answer your question amongst my people, the woman's earnings don't drive her price. There's almost a standard list (affordable for a groom) which they often are flexible with if he is from the same tribe or clan as the bride. If from a different clan they may try to be rigid but if the groom knows how to meander/get his way around the father-in-law he can get away with a lot of waivers.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
Biglittlelois:
When you see "snuff" there just know it's Igbo list cheesy

Hi

the other day, I mentioned you in an apology msg directed to you and u did not reply to say "It's fine" or "it's okay" or something

Are u still angry??
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by sacx: 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
I'm calling on the EFCC to investigate this Pa Ezekiel. Wahridis

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by skales67(m): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
This is a typical Akwa-Ibom list! That is why they have so many fine girls walking about in Uyo unmarried but having children here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by skales67(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

Hi

the other day, I mentioned you in an apology msg directed to you and u did not reply to say "It's fine" or "it's okay" or something

Are u still angry??

Man-Sissy!
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Hezekiah5050(m): 12:00am On Dec 11, 2018
Hmmmm, dis items don reach to open new shop 4 aba main market
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by chinli(m): 12:05am On Dec 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Just impregnate the girl
I tell you. The wey e go reduce. Na them go rush u

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Ndipe(m): 12:07am On Dec 11, 2018
Na wao!
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by chinli(m): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I would pay this much and a woman will say " i am tired" when i want to log in?
Bust head with laughter
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by bluefilm: 12:09am On Dec 11, 2018
DaniDani:
Honestly, there's no much difference in this list when compared to what my hardened father in-law gave me. His pride price is also #500,00 Knocking on the door (iku aka n'ozu) #50,000, hearing from the father in-law (inu onu okwu nna nwa) #50,000, and another #50,000, plus other #20,000s & #10,000s tasks, all these excludes the #500,00 pride price and many items required. If everything in that list is done religiously, it will cost above #2.5m. I am not exaggerating. I suspect that my father in law is the brain behind this or perhaps, he's a close ally to this family. Today the man is angry with me that I don't call him or care about him, when in actual sense he hasn't seen anything...

... yet shocked
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by femilicous: 12:09am On Dec 11, 2018
Yambee:
This list long ohhh.

Hungerbad(Seun) come and analyse this list like you do every thing.

Are they selling the woman?what tribe is the woman?
Igbo I guess
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Mursz: 12:13am On Dec 11, 2018
Bride price alone 800k.

Is the girl for sale? Chineke meh!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by MummySilver: 12:15am On Dec 11, 2018
The father inlaw should keep his daughter to himself them. Imagine the konkobility. Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Buffalo2(m): 12:16am On Dec 11, 2018
Kuku kee am
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by RighteousI: 12:18am On Dec 11, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Let me be honest with you. I worked in a company where entry level staff earned at least ₦1.5m so meeting female staff earning ₦3m was a high possibility.

Now we must concede that coming from two different tribes in Nigeria we view bride prices differently. My people see bride price as a token you pay to marry their daughter. At death you (or your people in case u die before her) MUST return her remains for interment at her father's village. With a small token as bride price there is absolutely no qualms when her family people come for one or two small favours within your reach. Even if it is outside your reach you will still stretch body. That's because they haven't "killed" you during bride price season.

However amongst my brothers in the east bride price is viewed completely differently.

So to answer your question amongst my people, the woman's earnings don't drive her price. There's almost a standard list (affordable for a groom) which they often are flexible with if he is from the same tribe or clan as the bride. If from a different clan they may try to be rigid but if the groom knows how to meander/get his way around the father-in-law he can get away with a lot of waivers.

you are the biggest liar here. ain't no Nigerian company will pay 1.5 million per month to an entry staff and this means you never worked in such a company, you only wished you did. even regional manager of first bank and access bank don't make that much. if she makes that much it means she is gold digging those Arabs.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by airsaylongcon: 12:21am On Dec 11, 2018
RighteousI:

you are the biggest liar here. ain't no Nigerian company will pay 1.5 million per month to an entry staff and this means you never worked in such a company, you only wished you did. even regional manager of first bank and access bank don't make that much. if she makes that much it means she is gold digging those Arabs.
I have been in this type of argument before. Several times.

For those that know, no proof is necessary. For those that DON'T KNOW, no proof is believable.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by PotatoSalad(m): 12:32am On Dec 11, 2018
consultancy:
this is not realistic. but again, diverse cultures and traditions exist that we never heard of
It is o. My cousin was given something worse than this few months ago. He took the engagement ring and disappeared.
The girl's family saw a knight in shining armour and she's the first child grin
hahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by PotatoSalad(m): 12:34am On Dec 11, 2018
skales67:

Man-Sissy!
Na Bleep nigga. Pendejo

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by pedrilo: 12:41am On Dec 11, 2018
Them no like mk their daughter marry
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 11, 2018
cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:58am On Dec 11, 2018
The girl most be a virgin I guess for such list

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.