Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law (72992 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Ishilove: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2018
This can't be real

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by JeogahII(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2018
Chai! Jibril of Afghanistan. This one pass auction oo
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Jessyjack(f): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
DaniDani:
Honestly, there's no much difference in this list when compared to what my hardened father in-law gave me. His pride price is also #500,00 Knocking on the door (iku aka n'ozu) #50,000, hearing from the father in-law (inu onu okwu nna nwa) #50,000, and another #50,000, plus other #20,000s & #10,000s tasks, all these excludes the #500,00 pride price and many items required. If everything in that list is done religiously, it will cost above #2.5m. I am not exaggerating. I suspect that my father in law is the brain behind this or perhaps, he's a close ally to this family. Today the man is angry with me that I don't call him or care about him, when in actual sense he hasn't seen anything.

I think your father in-law is from Akwaibom state... they're very wicked and mean when it comes to giving out list.... even the list given above is from Akwaibom state.... my father brought same list and I fought against it.... wickedness!!!
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by ALIVE15: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
okay am not marrying your daughter again. Case closed.
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by jaxxy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
The list will be ignored. grin
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
I smell IMO state bride list.....IMO girls beautiful but single
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by DaniDani(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2018
Jessyjack:

I think your father in-law is from Akwaibom state... they're very wicked and mean when it comes to giving out list.... even the list given above is from Akwaibom state.... my father brought same list and I fought against it.... wickedness!!!

No. He's from Ikwuano LG of Abia State.
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by daveyjay(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Holyfield1:
What fake? My bro was given the same list if not more angry

your lie can awaken the dead fam.

one dozen of pant angry
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by abimbola74(m): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
MzTunechi:
my thought exactly
I've seen something of such while I was serving in Enugu state ,d man brought out the list and I had to call my hausa friend to come have a look if I'm seeing another thing ...it's a 3 pages list ,drinks alone worth 300k.i cn evn tell u d exact place in Enugu ��...dats how they roll

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by MzTunechi(f): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
abimbola74:

I've seen something of such while I was serving in Enugu state ,d man brought out the list and I had to call my hausa friend to come have a look if I'm seeing another thing ...it's a 3 pages list ,drinks alone worth 300k.i cn evn tell u d exact place in Enugu ��...dats how they roll
woah! That's serious

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
grin
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Ozkar: 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
High time Africa stopped this coded female slave trade in the name of bride price.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Gbagbuo247: 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2018
airsaylongcon:

I'm sure you are Igbo from the tone of some of your comments here. U need to ask your self how many young Igbo guys can afford ₦3m for traditional wedding alone o. It's stuff like this that encourages your young men to enter drugs in an attempt to make money quickly. Or even ritual money like Ezego back in the day.

You young ones need to encourage a change in this type of culture. Look at a northern guy (or even Yorùbá guy). They marry at a very young age, have children when young and can grow with their children. Marrying at an old age as most igbo men and women do will foreve put the Igbo at a disadvantage. Please you guys should align with the new realities of the 21st century

Yes I am proud IGBO man, mind you I married at the age of 26 immediately after my final exams in the university as matter of fact 3weeks after my exams; even without defending my project. Sorry to disappoint we Igbo guys marry early too. If you read my comment very well you will notice where I said " if the guy can afford it" I never said he should go and do drugs or rituals just to pay bride price, if not he should simply look else where rather than coming here to paint the family of the girls as gold diggers. They never forced him to pay , he demanded for a list and they gave him one. Qoute me anywhere, it is never a must that the guy must provide all the this listed in that book before he will marry the girl. Must at time the pride family use this medium to know if the so called son in law to be is man enough to take care of their daughter.... Sadly must guys chiken out when they see a list like this. All he need to do is gather the little he can based on his ability and summon courage with his kins men and meet the brides family with what they have.
[b]
Make I burst you brain, [/b]in my own case my wife's father pointed out a piece of land for me to build a foundation for 5 five bed room flat. The following week I went with my kind men with 3 bags of cement for the said foundation and that was it , till today nobody asked me for the foundation again. So before you come here and confuse people about Igbo traditions make sure you really understand their way of life .

Note: I have 3 warriors and my wife is heavy with 2 nurses

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Gbagbuo247: 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2018
airsaylongcon:

I'm sure you are Igbo from the tone of some of your comments here. U need to ask your self how many young Igbo guys can afford ₦3m for traditional wedding alone o. It's stuff like this that encourages your young men to enter drugs in an attempt to make money quickly. Or even ritual money like Ezego back in the day.

You young ones need to encourage a change in this type of culture. Look at a northern guy (or even Yorùbá guy). They marry at a very young age, have children when young and can grow with their children. Marrying at an old age as most igbo men and women do will foreve put the Igbo at a disadvantage. Please you guys should align with the new realities of the 21st century

Yes I am proud IGBO man, mind you I married at the age of 26 immediately after my final exams in the university as matter of fact 3weeks after my exams; even without defending my project. Sorry to disappoint we Igbo guys marry early too. If you read my comment very well you will notice where I said " if the guy can afford it" I never said he should go and do drugs or rituals just to pay bride price, if not he should simply look else where rather than coming here to paint the family of the girls as gold diggers. They never forced him to pay , he demanded for a list and they gave him one. Qoute me anywhere, it is never a must that the guy must provide all the this listed in that book before he will marry the girl. Must at time the pride family use this medium to know if the so called son in law to be is man enough to take care of their daughter.... Sadly must guys chiken out when they see a list like this. All he need to do is gather the little he can based on his ability and summon courage with his kins men and meet the brides family with what they have.
[b]
Make I burst you brain, [/b]in my own case my wife's father pointed out a piece of land for me to build a foundation for 5 five bed room flat. The following week I went with my kind men with 3 bags of cement for the said foundation and that was it , till today nobody asked me for the foundation again. So before you come here and confuse people about Igbo traditions make sure you really understand their way of life .

Thanks
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by airsaylongcon: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Gbagbuo247:

[b]

Thanks.

Congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Snow87(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Pa Ezekiel o se, this list is from Akwa Ibom I can bet my China phone.
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Remiz007(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please how much gangan is the wife in black market?
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by omojesu202(m): 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Ezekiel family? Na only dem waka come?
This list is not from my people, at least in Igbo land the name of the kindred is always written boldly in Igbo.
Pa Ezekiel you are greedy...abeg

stop the denial... this kind of list is synonymous with the Igbos
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Holyfield1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2018
daveyjay:

your lie can awaken the dead fam.

one dozen of pant angry
Boxers kiss
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Frankicent(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Misslagbaja:

Igbo ways. Sell their daughters. Dont even understand why
.Just ask there father.
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by biggail(f): 5:23am On Dec 12, 2018
The rate at which people are being mislead these days is alarming! Yes the op was given that list but that doesn't mean he has to give all that is listed there! What he won't post online is the day he will go for bargaining.That list is negotiable, he might end up giving very few out of what is listed,it's not and has never been compulsory for grooms to be to give all the listed items.

Let's stop scaring potential husbands by giving half information online :-
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Casemiro(m): 6:00am On Dec 12, 2018
> it is well

selling

choi shocked big momas garden
girl
Natural home remedies
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by JoannaSedley(f): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2018
omojesu202:

stop the denial... this kind of list is synonymous with the Igbos
Face front
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Ngozi123(f): 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2018
PraisePiano:
I don’t understand why some inlaws can be so heartless and make marriage look like a crime
Just check out the bride price list given to a man

That's not an Igbo marriage list. It doesn't even mention the umunna or the umuada. That's likely the work of a greedy family- it's not Igbo culture.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by robosky02(m): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Kingcesar:
My brother don’t panic. Give her belle tell her say una village oracle they kill anybody wey try to abort pikin.. 7months leta the father go reduce the list to
1 create of beer and 20cups of white rice them go use their own money cook stew
high er purchase
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by hammer6F: 12:15am On Dec 13, 2018
Ishilove:
This can't be real

Forget all this people, using computer to write nonsense in effort to make Marriage rite seem unreasonable.

Yet, our fathers did it.

Even if that list is real, and so wat?

U cannot buy your inlaws pant and generator, if they had the guts to even ask u in the first place, without shame?

There is nothing impossible about that list, even if it was real.

In Nigeria culture people ask, brother buy me motorcycle or car for transport business.

They must know who they are preparing the list for, not just any riffraff.

Aside dat, the list is negotiable.
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by hammer6F: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2018
Ngozi123:

That's not an Igbo marriage list. It doesn't even mention the umunna or the umuada. That's likely the work of a greedy family- it's not Igbo culture.

@ ishilove, u dont see sister Ngozi is still adding umunna and umuada. lol grin grin grin
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by funlord(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
Createu:
Let him do installment payment

Cc: dominique

Take down this account
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Mgbadike80: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ngozi123:

hi, long time no see. sorry for my sudden disappearance. I lost my phone. from greenermodels.
Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Ngozi123(f): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Mgbadike80:
hi, long time no see. sorry for my sudden disappearance. I lost my phone. from greenermodels.

Sorry, who is this?

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law by Mgbadike80: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ngozi123:

Sorry, who is this?
Abouzaid

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.