Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy (21635 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by ICEMAN(m): 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chimamanda becomes more STUPID by the day. Feminism, the poison that destroyed the west being perpetrated by one of our own. Chimamanda is STUPID.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by stuffs4me(m): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chiamanda the confused OSU woman.

Another female pig of Biafra. At least this confused OSU is not into ashawo or baby factory business.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by pansophist(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
kay29000:

Gbam! You have said it all. I didn't understand this fact in my teen years and I got heartbroken a lot... cos girls would leave me for the assholes. lol! And I hated girls at a point. But the problem was that I didn't understand what you said above. I know better now.

Exactly.

Everything I write is base on personal experience, and that's exactly how it is.

When I was living the Sweden (the utopia of feminism with feminist government), the girls will bang body builders, tough and so called bad boys. They are not attracted to the computer geek, or guys that treats them like they preach. Those men only serve as a means of resources and to serve them, they are romantically invincible in their eyes.

To be successful with women, treat her exact opposite as she said, although this theory mostly applies to teenage and youthful girls. The older ones seems to learn but then, boys are not interested anymore

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
kay29000:

Gbam! You have said it all. I didn't understand this fact in my teen years and I got heartbroken a lot... cos girls would leave me for the assholes. lol! And I hated girls at a point. But the problem was that I didn't understand what you said above. I know better now.
Assholes are essential to the existence of the universe....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by kay29000(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
Assholes are essential to the existence of the universe....
lol! Very true.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by kay29000(m): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
pansophist:

Exactly.

Everything I write is base on personal experience, and that's exactly how it is.

When I was living the Sweden (the utopia of feminism with feminist government), the girls will bang body builders, tough and so called bad boys. They are not attracted to the computer geek, or guys that treats them like they preach. Those men only serve as a means of resources and to serve them, they are romantically invincible in their eyes.

To be successful with women, treat her exact opposite as she said, although this theory mostly applies to teenage and youthful girls. The older ones seems to learn but then, boys are not interested anymore

WORD!!! so true... especially your last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by LZAA: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
stuffs4me:
Chiamanda the confused OSU woman.

Another female pig of Biafra. At least this confused OSU is not into ashawo or baby factory business.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Graciousnaija: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
In God's plan, men are made to be of a more emotional stability than the women. It is no mistake that more men die than women and our world is more of women than men - men are to take most of life's risk. For those who consider suicide as the last resort, most of the times they have no one to share with or are ignore while manifesting all the suicidal tendencies. It just shows that our world is more self-centered.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by pocohantas(f): 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
kay29000:

If you want to be an asshole, just be an asshole or better still, grow up from your juvenile encounters with unstable females who are either looking for the fast life or suffering from daddy issues.

Because no sane mature lady seeks an asshole. Assholes are only good for fun, adventures, experiments, maybe sex.

Do you know there is a book titled "Why Men Love Bitches". That book teaches females how to be assholes too. Do you love bitches? I am sure you don't. Pls, grow up and leave mind games for kids.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Tozara(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
I totally endorse this. She's absolutely correct. I agree with her.

irepnaija4eva:
Women are not special, women are human, women are flawed just like men… If we keep saying women are special, then we judge them at a higher and unfair standard.”

Hmmm..but some feminist will disagree on this...
Seems the husband's d**k is now hitting the right spot grin grin grin
Brain resetting take ti over..

No feminist will disagree with that. And there's no brain-ressetting anywhere. This has always been her position, as far as I can recall, so I don't understand why that should be a reason for obsessing over the wonders her husband's dįck can do, as if that's not some rude, vulgar nonsense.

You confuse misandry with feminism. And you owe this more to willful ignorance than to the misrepresentation of the movement by detestable elements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by kay29000(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
pocohantas:

If you want to be an asshole, just be an asshole or better still, grow up from your juvenile encounters with unstable females who are either looking for the fast life or suffering from daddy issues.

Because no sane mature lady seeks an asshole. Assholes are only good for fun, adventures, experiments, maybe sex.

Do you know there is a book titled "Why Men Love Bitches". That book teaches females how to be assholes too. Do you love bitches? I am sure you don't. Pls, grow up and leave mind games for kids.

Funny you quoted me. I have been thinking about you all week. I guess the universe works in mysterious ways. lol!

About the topic, I'm not saying I am an asshole or advising guys to be assholes if they want to get girls. I was just agreeing with the guy I quoted that females generally prefer a more macho/masculine guy to a soft emotional guy.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by 12345baba(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
Kinda agree with her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by traihit: 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Icon79:
What point does she have exactly She's just a confused young lady who's being used by the powers bigger than her.

Men commit suicide more mainly due to bad marriages especially here in the West.

O pari

A very big kudos to you. I wonder if we've not been practicing patriarchy in Africa for thousands of years without men commiting suicide like we have it nowadays. Westernization has affected everything so much that things Africans in ages past did, that made them live long in good health, are now abominable to us. Then we'll still say it's because of our 'barbaric' culture.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by erayo2GCA(m): 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
Colourich:
Did she just say women are not special?

What is special about you??
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by pocohantas(f): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
kay29000:

Funny you quoted me. I have been thinking about you all week. I guess the universe works in mysterious ways. lol!

About the topic, I'm not saying I am an asshole or advising guys to be assholes if they want to get girls. I was just agreeing with the guy I quoted that females generally prefer a more macho/masculine guy to a soft emotional guy.

Wow! I hope your thoughts of me are of good and not of evil?

I have had this conversation so many times, that I know soft and emotional = sissy. Macho/masculine = cocky.

I don't think anyone should be generally excited about that kinda soft-emotional partner, except a mischievous and manipulative person.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by IbnAbdullah1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
Magichand:
One of world's most celebrated author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has revealed in a speech why men have a higher rate of dying by suicide.

Speaking while giving a speech at Hubspot’s 2018 Inbound Conference, award-winning Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, revealed that men have a higher rate of dying by suicide as opposed to women.

She attributed the situation to patriarchy, which she says is both a blessing and a curse to men, adding that men are trained to suppress emotions, not to show vulnerability or ask for help.

She said: “Both men and women suffer from the illnesses that lead to suicide but it is men that have a much higher rate of dying by suicide.

“Why? Because men are socialized to suppress so many human parts of themselves, men are socialized not to ask for help, men are socialized to be afraid of fear, men are socialized not to show vulnerability.

“From the moment we tell a little boy that ‘boys don’t cry’ or we tell a hurting teenager to ‘man up’ we are creating an adult man who will be cheated of the full range of his emotions. So, while men benefit from patriarchy, they also suffer from it.”

The ‘Americanah’ author also spoke on gender equality, saying there is no difference between men and women, adding that women should not be viewed differently or given special treatment.

She said: “There is nothing a woman should be because she is a woman, and there is nothing a man should be because he is a man.

“Women are not special, women are human, women are flawed just like men… If we keep saying women are special, then we judge them at a higher and unfair standard.”

Watch her full speech https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qq27Ha07RHw

https://zenithnaija.com/why-men-have-a-higher-rate-of-dying-by-suicide-chimamanda-adichie/

Can somebody please tell her to shut up.
She is becoming too nauseating for my liking.

I don't have to read whatever garbage she wrote up there.
It is because the world is dead to intellectualism that they are taking BS from fiction writers.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
erayo2GCA:

What is special about you??
A lot, I assure you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by maasoap(m): 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
I just don't like her. Simple.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
I believe, that men and women will go Dutch on dates

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
speedyGonzales:
Captain Obvious - It is because men have historically had to control their emotions to be able to protect your whinny and stupid feminist asses in the face of danger

But you fackers go around attacking men but when danger comes, you want the men to go out and defend you.

Just watch the Titanic, "women and children first", like say men no dey die or no be human.?

Men and Women are different, we are genetically, physically and mentally different. But we are humans and as humans we exist on a spectrum (even all women are not the same neither are all men the same) and we compliment each other, such that things function well according to the creators plan.

when there is danger its expected that its women and children that should be put to safety first. If war break out its expected that its men that should take up arms and defend the city while the women and children are put to safety. Our testoterone makes us physically stronger. Ask urself why do women cry when they face a tough situationcheesy.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by God2man(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ha! Ha! I tend to disagree on this your opinion Mrs Professor, there is a big difference between a man and a woman. Big difference.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chimamanda should let this feminism thing rest abeg.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
lefulefu:
when there is danger its expected that its women and children that should be put to safety first. If war break out its expected that its men that should take up arms and defend the city while the women and children are put to safety. Our testoterone makes us physically stronger. Ask urself why do women cry when they face a tough situationcheesy.

THANK YOU FOR CRACKING IT OPEN LIKE THIS BRO.

The differences between a man and a woman are fundamental, and a part of evolutionary design. If all behaved/functioned the same way there would soon be chaos and regression. The polar opposites are a prerequisite for balance at every level of existence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by boringnigerian: 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Icon79:
What point does she have exactly She's just a confused young lady who's being used by the powers bigger than her.

Men commit suicide more mainly due to bad marriages especially here in the West.

O pari

Bad marriages?

You typed that?

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by DandyWalker(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
Women are not special, women are human, women are flawed just like men… If we keep saying women are special, then we judge them at a higher and unfair standard.”

Hmmm..but some feminist will disagree on this...
Seems the husband's d**k is now hitting the right spot grin grin grin
Brain resetting take ti over.
U obviously dont get her point

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Gerrard59(m): 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Graciousnaija:
In God's plan, men are made to be of a more emotional stability than the women. It is no mistake that more men die than women and our world is more of women than men- men are to take most of life's risk. For those who consider suicide as the last resort, most of the times they have no one to share with or are ignore while manifesting all the suicidal tendencies. It just shows that our world is more self-centered.

False. There are more men than women globally.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.TOTL.MA.ZS
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
As if the men are complaining.
thats kinda her point. They are not complaining, rather committing suicide.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Jaqenhghar: 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jobia:
thats kinda her point. They are not complaining, rather committing suicide.
Whats her business? She should stick to women liberation. when we need her opinion on men's stuff we will consult her. Next she will ask us to stop wearing boxers angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by Calabarmannn: 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
Well, this is just her own opinion. I believe women are special and so are men. Men and women are not equal. One is a king and the other a queen.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by MrMacinterchi1: 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
eleojo23:
Which side is she on this time?

It seems like she is...

Finish the sentence using the picture if you are smart wink

On the fance.
One of the poem we studied during my own time for Wassce had that name as its title.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy by madjune(m): 1:47am On Sep 13, 2018
She should have gone ahead and paid her husband bride price rather than the reverse.

This should set the pace for the talk to start with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At Igbo Conference In London- Pictures / Where Can I Download Free Ebook For My Java Phone? / Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.