Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage (22863 Views)

I Get Frightened When I Receive Number Of Workers On Payroll – Tinubu / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by ManirBK: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
The Presidency has reassured workers of the commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to an increase in the minimum wage.
Sen. Ita Enang, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), gave the assurance on the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum in Abuja.

Enang spoke at the backdrop of alleged lack of commitment by the Federal Government to an upward review of the minimum wage, which has been N18, 000 for over eight years.

“I want to assure you that the Buhari-led administration is very honest and committed to reviewing the salaries of workers.

“If he did not, he would not have set up a committee on minimum wage headed by a retired Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.

“This is a sign of commitment, and this retired HoS is not an off-the-mill retired Head of the Civil Service of the Federation; the Minister of Labour is part of it.

“So, it shows the level of commitment, and it is not a committee of the Federal Executive Council; it is a presidential committee set up and inaugurated by the president.”

The tripartite National Minimum Wage Committee, made up of 29 members drawn from organised labour, the federal and state governments, was inaugurated in May, 2017.

Although the committee was given until Sept. 1 to submit its report, it could not meet the deadline due to disagreement over the minimum wage figure.

On Aug. 21, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, blamed the delay on the inability of state governors to come up with an agreed figure.

Ngige, however, stated that the Federal Government through its Economic Management Team, was working with the governors to find a common ground.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/presidency-reassures-workers-on-new-minimum-wage.html

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by ManirBK: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
Workers nightmare soon to be over BABA Carry Go jare..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by rottennaija(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
State governors will always be the problem when it comes to minimum wages of civil servant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by tboycares: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by RexTramadol1: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Minimum wage makes sense
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by apikipiki1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
FG just dey do us the more u look the less u see. I'm tired of this their cock n bull stories.
Let them pls do something so that i can move from single room to a 1 bedroom flat.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by jogsman01(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
I'm sure it will be approve by January......

Awon were somebody

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Foodforthought: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Buhari's calmness is disconcerting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Abbeyme: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
ok
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by jogsman01(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
I'm sure it will be approve by January......

Awon weyrey somebody

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Biggaboi(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018

Inaugurated since May 2017 and this is September 2018 and all 36 governors can agree on a common ground.
Not to mention the several million jobs lost during that period.... and some people will still shout Sai Baba

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by chiefolododo(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
Dey there dey deceive yourself

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
“I want to assure you that the Buhari-led administration is very honest and committed to reviewing the salaries of workers.

“If he did not, he would not have set up a committee on minimum wage headed by a retired Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.

grin grin... funny lot

What was Ngige and Labour Union doing since? Playing Ludo grin

We had high power committee on restructuring which had el-rufai.
We had high power committee on ogoni clean up with the VP in it.

Maybe they are low powered

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by brandco: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Just do wheat...Enough of election propaganda
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by tbliss22(m): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Funny guys, all for the election votes and if i may ask, won't this development bring another headache to the state government?? With the present minimum wage, they aren't balance yet now the increment
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Zendinho(m): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Same old news .... Same story line.... Same APC...

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Tberry01(f): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by itiswellandwell: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
This new minimum wage is campaign project. If you know, you know.

Cheap s6 edge plus. Check my signature.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Quarter to election they are spending money recklessly
This guys will lose the election

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Racoon(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
What an incredibly lying government without any iota of shame.Tufikwa!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Buhari2019: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
God bless PMB. Workers will soon smile. Gallanting standing with PMB for a better Nigeria.
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nice Move.But Timing Is Suspect.All About 2019
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Mrphylor09: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Make any mumu no increase any stupid minimum wage n.a. yesterday you enter aso rock ?? The only solution is to find means of adding Value to our currency. Check devlpd countries dia currency no pax 100 note .. n.a 4 9ja I know say 100 is not equal 100.. $100=#36100 for what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by Gordonz07(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
New minimum wage When some governors have not implemented the 18,000 naira own? Governors and their wahala.
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by blujoi(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Of course why won’t you reassure them when there’s an election round the corner!!! After reassuring them make dem come collect am nah, that one go be another story, hahahahahaha!!! Abeg, make I go listen to ‘Assurance’ by Davido grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by raphaeladeyele: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Minimum Wages of N18,000 how many State affort to pay , except compel & compuory under decree
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by mrkings84(m): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
WHY ALL THESE PROMISES AGAIN LATELY? WHAT DO THESE GOVERNMENT TAKE US FOR..? YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST STOP IT IF ITS A JOKE

BUHARI, HIS GOVERNMENT AND LIES BE LIKE.......
Abeg hu get dat pissure with 2 index fingers, help me abeg.....

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by CocoaOla: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Bloody liers because of elections Nigeria is in debt already you want to borrow more debt to pay the money? Or you want to add to the inflations on ground naira is valueless strengthened it first. And stop fooling Nigerians
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by ZarahBuhari: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by deri4luv1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
Panadol after death, Oga Buhari you are going back to the village in 2019
Re: Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage by klimkid: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
The only reason my the New wage plan hasn't been implemented is the National Assembly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths: BBNaija Promotes Immorality, Buhari Government Should Ban It / Osinbajo Meets With Protesting NLC, TUC Members / Otti Flags Off Seaport Project And Abia Industrial And Innovation Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.