Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11707 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 11:00am On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
just that you failed to realize that there was NO Christian missionaries if they're "struggling" to preach to those who aren't ready for the good news.

Yet the apostles were so kin and even died in their witnesses for Jesus Christ.

I know you'll twist it that the disciples were actually doing the work of Jehovah.

So why can't people like Stephen run away?

The instruction from Jesus (whom you claimed you're witnessing for) is "where you're not welcome, dust your feet and move to another place" Matthew 10:11-15

But did the disciples run away from Jerusalem when they were persecuted?

Why did Stephen not run away?

So my friend it's clear that those whom your forefathers knew weren't Christians because Jesus never said "insist on preaching in the face of brutal criticism".

This is how you'll know that truly you people are a tool in the hands of the Devil.

Stephen was stone to death, was he hidden before he was caught?
Majority of early Christians died horrible death.
Apostle John was cast into boiling oil, did he run to another country because of that?

Therefore they came "not for Christ" but on another MISSION which is obvious today.

In like manner, we can say those disciples and early martyrs are NOT FOR CHRIST.

These so called missionaries came with "colonialism" and forced your forefathers to worship in the way they knew not,their counterparts (the Arabs) arrived in the northern part of Nigeria forcing them to practice a religion they knew not.

So you can say the missionaries are the one who colonized Africa, do you do history at all?

When did colonial era start in Africa and when did Christianity enter Africa?

Christianity came to Nigeria in 15th century while colonization started in 1900

Can you see the timeline difference?

We're the true Christians that's why our preaching and teaching is exactly the same pattern like that of the first century followers who were called "Christians" because they were preaching and teaching NOT FORCEFULLY from house to house just the same way CHRIST did! Act 20:20 smiley smiley smiley

Waoooo, Now you're claiming to be a Christian the same NAME you so degraded in your previous post hmmmm
Here is your statement before:
Today we have adopted our former divinely inspired name so that honest hearted persons could distinguish between true worshippers and thousands of misrepresentations all claiming "Christians". Jesus asked US to separate ourselves with the group name "Christians" in the first century and today He has ordered US to return to that former name as all forms of pagans are becoming comfortable with the old group name "Christians"

Jesus asked you to separate from a group called Christian net you're still a Christian.

Isn't Jehovah wonderful?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

Yet the apostles were so kin and even died in their witnesses for Jesus Christ.

I know you'll twist it that the disciples were actually doing the work of Jehovah.

So why can't people like Stephen run away?

But did the disciples run away from Jerusalem when they were persecuted?

Why did Stephen not run away?

This is how you'll know that truly you people are a tool in the hands of the Devil.

Stephen was stone to death, was he hidden before he was caught?
Majority of early Christians died horrible death.
Apostle John was cast into boiling oil, did he run to another country because of that?

In like manner, we can say those disciples and early martyrs are NOT FOR CHRIST.

So you can say the missionaries are the one who colonized Africa, do you do history at all?

When did colonial era start in Africa and when did Christianity enter Africa?

Christianity came to Nigeria in 15th century while colonization started in 1900

Can you see the timeline difference?

Waoooo, Now you're claiming to be a Christian the same NAME you so degraded in your previous post hmmmm
Here is your statement before:

Jesus asked you to separate from a group called Christian net you're still a Christian.

Isn't Jehovah wonderful?
With all these contradictions in the name of Christianity, abeg just refer to me as one of Jehovah's witnesses. God bless you! grin grin grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
With all these contradictions in the name of Christianity, abeg just refer to me as one of Jehovah's witnesses. God bless you! grin grin grin
Titus 3:10;11 As for a man who promotes a sect, reject him after a first and a second admonition, knowing that such a man has deviated from the way and is sinning and is self condemned.

That was how Rutherford started it. You are only following the queue.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:

Imagine see how my post rendered you dump...

You lied against the disciples and early martyrs that Jesus gave command but they didn't follow it by refuse to run away and died in the hands of their tormentors.

Do you agree that you lied about Missionaries and the Colonial Masters?

I should refer to you as JW when the Bible says "But if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed,..." 1 pet 4:16 NWT

You can see the reason why the disciples and the early Christians died as a Christian and not as a Jehovah witnessess...

Now it's "CONTRADICTIONS IN THE NAME of Christianity" after you degraded the name and later stylishly claimed the name.

The name that appeared in the scripture whereas Jehovah's witnesses never appeared

The truth will continue to hit you until you people accept Christ as personal Lord and Saviour!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

You lied against the disciples and early martyrs that Jesus gave command but they didn't follow it by refuse to run away and died in the hands of their tormentors.

I should refer to you as JW when the Bible says "But if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed,..." 1 pet 4:16 NWT

You can see the reason why the disciples and the early Christians died as a Christian and not as a Jehovah witnessess...

Now it's "CONTRADICTIONS IN THE NAME of Christianity" after you degraded the name and later stylishly claimed the name.

The name that appeared in the scripture whereas Jehovah's witnesses never appeared

The truth will continue to hit you until you people accept Christ as personal Lord and Saviour!
1 Peter 4:16 right from New world translstions. Now this is what I called knock out punch. TATIME what next? The concluding part of that verse say.......keep on glorifying God while bearing this name(CHRISTIAN) not JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

My advice for you is to keep working out what the truth means because the other guy is always attending meetings with Jehovah's witnesses yet he can't remain nor go elsewhere since there's NOWHERE else to go for pure worship! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
achorladey:

1 Peter 4:16 right from New world translstions. Now this is what I called knock out punch. TATIME what next? The concluding part of that verse say.......keep on glorifying God while bearing this name(CHRISTIAN) not JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Just call me one of Jehovah's witnesses and i'll be just fine, after all you're still eating from our spiritual table even dying to eat from what's coming up in our next meeting! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
Please Emusan, ask your friend what he's doing with the next up coming week program of Jehovah's witnesses since he's not in agreement with our beliefs.

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
Just call me one of Jehovah's witnesses and i'll be just fine, after all you're still eating from our spiritual table even dying to eat from what's coming up in our next meeting! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am dying to show you what you will not readily see, eat and drink from the spiritual table provided for you and that contribute to your faith. Its a pity that na person wey need brain surgery dey help. Pele oooooo Brain surgeon.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
My advice for you is to keep working out what the truth means because the other guy is always attending meetings with Jehovah's witnesses yet he can't remain nor go elsewhere since there's NOWHERE else to go for pure worship! cheesy cheesy cheesy
please also watchout for Peter's answer to this question posed by Jesus in John 6:67. Please be attentive when you go to meeting next week. I have really prepared your mind towards next week gathering. You should be thankful am helping you to peer more into CLAM.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:

Yet you couldn't hid your face in shame...
making mockery of yourself thinking playing with salvation is the best.

You lied about Colonialism and missionaries who have brought great light to Africa without a single mission than to spread the good news about salvation.

You lied against the early Christians....

You lied just to justify your organization while diminishing the word of God.

You want to be called a Jehovah witness which Bible didn't recognize but discard (not only discard but also degraded) THE ONLY NAME Bible recognized Christianity.

In Acts 26:28 King Agrippa asked Apostle Paul, "...“In a short time you would persuade me to become a Christian.” At this Paul said: “I wish to God that whether in a short time or in a long time, not only you but also all those who hear me today would become men such as I am,..."

Here Apostle Paul didn't deny being a Christian infact he wished King Agrippa and his men be one just as he is a Christian.

But you can open your mouth to say you should be addressed as Jehovah witness

If you're truthful to yourself, do a research on how your organization ADOPTED the name JW.

You even lied against Jesus being the one who instructed you to ADOPT a name (which your organization had already claimed to be in existence before Jesus era).

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

You lied about Colonialism and missionaries who have brought great light to Africa without a single mission than to spread the good news about salvation.

You want to be called a Jehovah witness which Bible didn't recognize but discard (not only discard but also degraded) THE ONLY NAME Bible recognized Christianity.

In Acts 26:28 King Agrippa asked Apostle Paul, "...“In a short time you would persuade me to become a Christian.” At this Paul said: “I wish to God that whether in a short time or in a long time, not only you but also all those who hear me today would become men such as I am,..."

Here Apostle Paul didn't deny being a Christian infact he wished King Agrippa and his men be one just as he is a Christian.

If you're truthful to yourself, do a research on how your organization ADOPTED the name JW.

You even lied against Jesus being the one who instructed you to ADOPT a name (which your organization had already claimed to be in existence before Jesus era).

U admitted on this thread that Jesus witnessed for Jehovah. He was sent by Jehovah. He is a JW confirmed. Rev 3:14. Matt 24:14, John 4:34. Luke 8:1.
The million dollar question is , Emusan are U a witness for Jehovah?

To come here & write all this jargon is nothing but IBERIBEISM mode activated.
If U don't like JW or the name Jehovah's witnesses, no qualms.
Pls remain in your lane.
Case closed.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
Jesus admonished His TRUE followers to be CAUTIOUS as serpent and HARMLESS as dove. Matthew 10:16 Meaning they must be cautious as to entering cities in other not to encounter fierced oppositions but when they are trapped then they must become as harmless as dove. Well that's exactly what Jehovah's witnesses are doing today, unlike those whom you called missionaries only to leave your forefathers in confusion with hundreds of various religions in the name of "denominations"(1Corinthians 1:10 compared to Ephesians 4:5) just like they were worshipping before the arrival of the so called missionaries, each locality with their gods full of different dos and donts all claiming Christians under one Lord. My friend your forefathers were deceived! cheesy cheesy cheesy

A funny guy like you doesn't know the JW are also one of the denominations. He has been brainwashed to think they are actually the true Christians, same as that which existed in the days of the apostles. But how come your own name is different from what those ones were called? That shows you that you are even worse than those you spend publication upon publication to castigate.

You guys were never part of any struggle to establish Christianity in any part of the world. What you are doing now is trying to establish JW in parts of the world were Christians have given their life to ensure that the peace and freedom associated with Christianity is experienced.

You lambaste the different folds and denominations existing today, while you claim you guys are the unique Christians for not having folds. This only shows that you guys are no different from the Pharisees.

I'm the days of the apostles, there were different people who said they belong to Paul, they belong to John etc. That didn't stop them from being under the umbrella of Christ, as long as they were not going contrary to the doctrines of the apostles. But you guys who say you are not a denomination, have gone far astray from the apostles teachings.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
OneJ:

U admitted on this thread that Jesus witnessed for Jehovah. He was sent by Jehovah. He is a JW confirmed. Rev 3:14. Matt 24:14, John 4:34. Luke 8:1.

Pls remain in your lane.
Case closed.

Do you know that God the Father is also a witness? You can't know because the JW NWT Bible and all these New World Order bibles removed the last part of the below verse.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
See the way you used style to boycott your own comment after I caught you red handed. I'm still expecting your reply to that!

OneJ:
U admitted on this thread that Jesus witnessed for Jehovah.

Quote the statement and what I said concerning that.

He was sent by Jehovah. He is a JW confirmed. Rev 3:14. Matt 24:14, John 4:34. Luke 8:1.

Yet He couldn't ADOPT the name Jehovah witness nor any of His disciples.

I witness to Christ just as His Father is a witnesses of Him.

I've explained that Rev 3:14 just that you people are just act like Robot, no input on your own.

Rev 3:14 even from NWT is "...from Jesus Christ, 'THE FAITHFUL WITNESS'..."
The point here is Jesus is actually the focal point of everyone.

Pls remain in your lane.
Case closed.

You called it jargon....and it's coming from someone who said [quote]"In pre- christian era, faith & obedience to Jehovah's righteous standard set apart (from their contemporaries) the men of faith as worshippers of Jehovah. They don't have to call themselves Jehovah's witnesses in order to prove that they were. Heb11:1-40."[/qupte]

So today you people don't have faith and obedience to Jehovah righteous standard, that's why you can be shouting Jehovah's witness up and down.

It's evident that your publication lied that's why you and your brother were perambulating and shooting yourselves in the legs.

Just imagine how your brother lied against the missionaries and early Christians just to gain cheap points.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

Story! Story!! Story!!! Please just address me as one of Jehovah's witnesses and i'll be just fine. Thanks for the services rendered because I'm OK with our group name, if you're a Christian and i claim to be one of Jehovah's witnesses i think what matters is salvation which is not by name or by mouth but by WORKS which Jesus commissioned for faithful ones to do. So even if i call myself Sango or Obatala what matters is "doing the will of Jesus' father" namely obeying the command of God's son to go out to preach and teach my neighbors about God's Kingdom. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

A funny guy like you doesn't know the JW are also one of the denominations. He has been brainwashed to think they are actually the true Christians, same as that which existed in the days of the apostles. But how come your own name is different from what those ones were called? That shows you that you are even worse than those you spend publication upon publication to castigate.

You guys were never part of any struggle to establish Christianity in any part of the world. What you are doing now is trying to establish JW in parts of the world were Christians have given their life to ensure that the peace and freedom associated with Christianity is experienced.

You lambaste the different folds and denominations existing today, while you claim you guys are the unique Christians for not having folds. This only shows that you guys are no different from the Pharisees.

I'm the days of the apostles, there were different people who said they belong to Paul, they belong to John etc. That didn't stop them from being under the umbrella of Christ, as long as they were not going contrary to the doctrines of the apostles. But you guys who say you are not a denomination, have gone far astray from the apostles teachings.
But you have remained in the teachings of the Apostles only that there is no trace of the WORKS they did back then in your religious settings. Welldone the good and PROFITABLE servant of the Lord. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
Story! Story!! Story!!! Please just address me as one of Jehovah's witnesses and i'll be just fine. Thanks for the services rendered because I'm OK with our group name,

Well like most people always say, nobody has any problem with JW IF THEIR CLAIMS are personal but going further to degrade or force it on top of the Bible is what we're talking about.

Remember, you people always claimed that nothing you do that can't be found in the Bible.

Look at the bolden...it's now 'OUR GROUP NAME' not a BIBLICAL STANDARD anymore. Which just confirmed the OP

if you're a Christian and i claim to be one of Jehovah's witnesses i think what matters is salvation which is not by name or by mouth but by WORKS

So the works you're achieving your salvation through is lie and deceit...

which Jesus commissioned for faithful ones to do.

This is what Jesus commissioned for faithful ones:

Luke 24:46-48 "In this way it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."

Acts 10:43 "To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name."

So even if i call myself Sango or Obatala what matters is "doing the will of Jesus' father" namely obeying the command of God's son to go out to preach and teach my neighbors about God's Kingdom. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Jesus commandment is this "Luke 24:46-48 "...and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
mobiyina537:
they're the one and only group doing the WORK! James 2:26.

If they're the only one doing the work, how did Christianity spreed across?

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Do you know that God the Father is also a witness? You can't know because the JW NWT Bible and all these New World Order bibles removed the last part of the below verse.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

There goes another lie.

Na the fake & fraudulent 1John 5:7 KJV naim U dey take pose for NL dey peddle falsehood.
(Google no be your friend because eee go expose your lie lie).

Authentic renditions of 1 John 5:7 naim U dey call. "New World Order bibles".
The Comma Johanneum was a forgery inserted into the 16th century Textus Receptus. U find it in Douay version, KJV, Geneva Bible & inserted by Erasmus into his 3rd edition translation of the Bible due to pressure from the Catholic Church who wielded so much power at that time. ( Comma Johanneum not in Erasmus's older 1st & 2nd Bible versions).

NIV, ASV,RSV, NASB are well known Trinitarian Bible versions, yet all of them no put that lie for 1 John 5:7.
No early Church Father ever referred to that lie in their writings.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

Well like most people always say, nobody has any problem with JW IF THEIR CLAIMS are personal but going further to degrade or force it on top of the Bible is what we're talking about.

Remember, you people always claimed that nothing you do that can't be found in the Bible.

Look at the bolden...it's now 'OUR GROUP NAME' not a BIBLICAL STANDARD anymore. Which just confirmed the OP

So the works you're achieving your salvation through is lie and deceit...

This is what Jesus commissioned for faithful ones:

Luke 24:46-48 "In this way it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."

Acts 10:43 "To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name."

Jesus commandment is this "Luke 24:46-48 "...and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."
It's obvious that your problem is the word "witnesses" because i can't just figure out why you're disturbing yourself about the person i chose to witness for. I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses and you're one of Jesus' witnesses, so let each one continue doing the WORKS without disturbing or castigating each other. If i knock on your door to present my message and you reject it, it's simple "where not on the same side". If you knock on my door to present your message (which i don't think you'll ever do) i'll welcome you in without a second thought because i know that's what Jesus commanded His followers to be doing. And if by the end of the day i discovered your messages differs from what i expected, all i need to do is get to know more perhaps i'm missing something. But facelessly and namelessly arguing on social media has nothing as in NOTHING to do with what Jesus commanded His faithful followers. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
#Emusan :If you want to work for Jesus, i think the scriptures outlined how to go about it because Jehovah God made sure that instead of two or three witnesses as written in the Mosaic laws, four persons namely Matthew, Mark, Luke and John bore witness to the truth regarding the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth. All these four gospel writers made us to understand how Jesus did the WORK of His father and commissioned His faithful followers to do the same thing. Later Luke was Inspired to write the Bible book of ACTS OF APOSTLES, this was appropriate so that future faithful ones could learn from the book of ACTS how the "first century" Christians organized themselves to continue doing the WORK God's only begotten son did and handed over to Christians.So i think baseless and faceless arguments on social media regarding the GROUP NAME those doing the WORK chose to bear is unnecessary. What matters is "who are doing the SAME WORK that Jesus did and handed over to His first century followers?". That's why America and China are leading the world today, because even if you call yourself bull but you're able to work PERFECTLY as a mechanic on an automobile, they'll pay you good money for a job well-done. It's Britain that will continue arguing about papers (which could be manipulated) as credentials even when you can deliver.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
It's obvious that your problem is the word "witnesses" because i can't just figure out why you're disturbing yourself about the person i chose to witness for.

You guite see the title of the thread before you jumped in to comment but obviously you thought is as usual where you get away with the lies and rant...

So I don't have problem with the WORD WITNESS but the lies your organization put forth which is very glaring in the course of fine-tuning this thread from you people.

I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses and you're one of Jesus' witnesses, so let each one continue doing the WORKS without disturbing or castigating each other.

But you've been castigating other people even going to extend that CHRISTIAN is polluted that's why Jesus gave you instruction to ADOPT a new name...

If i knock on your door to present my message and you reject it, it's simple "where not on the same side". If you knock on my door to present your message (which i don't think you'll ever do) i'll welcome you in without a second thought because i know that's what Jesus commanded His followers to be doing.

Now claiming a victim side, who always rejects others people message if not your people?

Like I said earlier, always claiming to be THE ONLY ONE at the top, you think others don't go house to house only JWs do that...

So since you know that's what Jesus commanded, why always claim to be the only one doing it?

And if by the end of the day i discovered your messages differs from what i expected, all i need to do is get to know more perhaps i'm missing something.

See another lie, how many times have you taken your time to verify any information about your doctrines? We see how you jump around here always defending JWs that's not what a seeker of truth does.

But facelessly and namelessly arguing on social media has nothing as in NOTHING to do with what Jesus commanded His faithful followers. undecided undecided undecided

What Jesus commanded his faithful followers is boldly written in the Bible and every biblical Students know it...it's left for you to decide whether you're truly following Jesus commandment or a group of people at headquarter commandment.

The attached pix is the first Bible verse Rutherford used to defend the ADOPTION of "Jehovah's witness" name but when he late realized that the verse was actually talking about another thing, he then used Isaiah which you people always point to today.

Whereas, you already said it's Jesus who instructed you to ADOPT the name....Is that how a true follower of Jesus Christ behave?

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

You guite see the title of the thread before you jumped in to comment but obviously you thought is as usual where you get away with the lies and rant...

So I don't have problem with the WORD WITNESS but the lies your organization put forth which is very glaring in the course of fine-tuning this thread from you people.

But you've been castigating other people even going to extend that CHRISTIAN is polluted that's why Jesus gave you instruction to ADOPT a new name...

Now claiming a victim side, who always rejects others people message if not your people?

Like I said earlier, always claiming to be THE ONLY ONE at the top, you think others don't go house to house only JWs do that...

So since you know that's what Jesus commanded, why always claim to be the only one doing it?

See another lie, how many times have you taken your time to verify any information about your doctrines? We see how you jump around here always defending JWs that's not what a seeker of truth does.

What Jesus commanded his faithful followers is boldly written in the Bible and every biblical Students know it...it's left for you to decide whether you're truly following Jesus commandment or a group of people at headquarter commandment.

The attached pix is the first Bible verse Rutherford used to defend the ADOPTION of "Jehovah's witness" name but when he late realized that the verse was actually talking about another thing, he then used Isaiah which you people always point to today.

Whereas, you already said it's Jesus who instructed you to ADOPT the name....Is that how a true follower of Jesus Christ behave?
You're going back to arguments again. Well let me clear this for you, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He has been given a name above every other name so that at the mention of His name every knee(of those who want everlasting life) must bow! When He was with His first Apostles "in the flesh" speaking to them face to face, there are many times they failed to grasp what He is instructing them instantly, until He explained in clear terms before they could comprehend what He is saying. Matthew 16:6-12 compared to John 11:11-14 So now that He's directing His congregation "in the Spirit"(Matthew 28:20) How do you expect His followers who can't see Him face to face to easily grasp what He's telling them? Please we understand the issue much more than your argument, what we need is to identify "those doing the WORK He commissioned today"
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
If you want to work for Jesus, i think the scriptures outlined how to go about it because Jehovah God made sure that instead of two or three witnesses as written in the Mosaic laws, four persons namely Matthew, Mark, Luke and John bore witness to the truth regarding the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth.

You get and nail it.

All these four gospel writers made us to understand how Jesus did the WORK of His father and commissioned His faithful followers to do the same thing.

You don't get it, do you?

Show me where this four writers talks about THE WORKS that Jesus did that we should continue AS THE BASIS FOR SALVATION...you see this is where you miss it. Christ gave His life for the sin of the world...it was this redemption from sin that Christ asked US to continue to proclaim...the same book of lLuke highlighted this... Luke 24:46-48 "In this way it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, [b]and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."[b]

You see it was the basis of the sacrifice that we are witness of.

Stop reading watchtower and awake alone...read the Bible for yourself.

Later Luke was Inspired to write the Bible book of ACTS OF APOSTLES, this was appropriate so that future faithful ones could learn from the book of ACTS how the "first century" Christians organized themselves to continue doing the WORK God's only begotten son did and handed over to Christians.

So Jesus handed over His works to CHRISTIANS and not JEHOVAH WITNESSESS, yet you claiming what Jesus didn't do.

So i think baseless and faceless arguments on social media regarding the GROUP NAME those doing the WORK chose to bear is unnecessary. What matters is "who are doing the SAME WORK that Jesus did and handed over to His first century followers?".

And you're God to know who is actually doing His work, right? Just like someone said to you on that thread of a brother who is seeking advice about marrying a JWs, the person says "the way the Pharisees are doing during Jesus time claiming to be the very One upholding God's law and doing righteous is the same way JWs are doing today, thinking they're the only one among thousands of denominations serving God."

Yet the Bible says: "anyone who think he stands take a heed lest he falls"
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
TATIME:
You're going back to arguments again. Well let me clear this for you, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He has been given a name above every other name so that at the mention of His name every knee(of those who want everlasting life) must bow!

Your NWT inserted "OTHER" what the correct Bible says is 'He has been given a name that is above every name'

When He was with His first Apostles "in the flesh" speaking to them face to face, there are many times they failed to grasp what He is instructing them instantly, until He explained in clear terms before they could comprehend what He is saying. Matthew 16:6-12 compared to John 11:11-14 So now that He's directing His congregation "in the Spirit"(Matthew 28:20) How do you expect His followers who can't see Him face to face to easily grasp what He's telling them?

Same line of weak excuse...
The question you should have asked yourself is, did Jesus allow them to die believing a lie if your claim actually true? Not all of them died without knowing the truth...
But why would the same Jesus allow Russel to die believing lies?

because the last time I check
Russell was not a Jehovah witness but "herad of Christ"
Russell died believing many things that are against JWs teaching today...yet today JWs still honored him.

See this: In response to the radical new direction Rutherford was taking the Watchtower Society, many left the Organization and formed independent Bible Student groups. In an effort to distance his followers from this "evil slave class," Rutherford introduced the distinguishing name Jehovah's Witnesses. This is introduced by a convention resolution, described in the
Watchtower 1931 Sep 15 page 278 and discussed in detail in the article "A New Name" Oct 1 page 291.

Please we understand the issue much more than your argument, what we need is to identify "those doing the WORK He commissioned today"

You don't understand it rather you always bring ridiculous excuses to justify it instead of asking yourself some thoughtful questions.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

You get and nail it.

You don't get it, do you?

Show me where this four writers talks about THE WORKS that Jesus did that we should continue AS THE BASIS FOR SALVATION...you see this is where you miss it. Christ gave His life for the sin of the world...it was this redemption from sin that Christ asked US to continue to proclaim...the same book of lLuke highlighted this... Luke 24:46-48 "In this way it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, [b]and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."[b]

You see it was the basis of the sacrifice that we are witness of.

Stop reading watchtower and awake alone...read the Bible for yourself.

So Jesus handed over His works to CHRISTIANS and not JEHOVAH WITNESSESS, yet you claiming what Jesus didn't do.

And you're God to know who is actually doing His work, right? Just like someone said to you on that thread of a brother who is seeking advice about marrying a JWs, the person says "the way the Pharisees are doing during Jesus time claiming to be the very One upholding God's law and doing righteous is the same way JWs are doing today, thinking they're the only one among thousands of denominations serving God."

Yet the Bible says: "anyone who think he stands take a heed lest he falls"
You're not getting my point. Jesus claims to be the ONLY teacher who will teach whoever wants to be saved they way to Salvation. The Pharisees on the other hand only regards themselves as teachers of God's word and First Class worshippers of Jehovah and look down on common people. What is the difference? Jesus taught His followers never to bear religious titles like those arrogant Jewish religious leaders. But today who are those bearing religious titles like Pastors, Prophet, Bishop, Apostle, and so on? Again there were many school of thought in Jesus' day, the Pharisees happens to be just one of them, they were all teaching contradicting doctrines yet they'll greet one another respectfully and religiously as if there is no contradictions. Jesus stood alone and started His own ministry and all of them teamed up to form alliance against Him. All these same thing is happening today to Jehovah's witnesses as thousands of different religious groups claiming Christians have formed alliance against just one group "Jehovah's witnesses" simply because we're saying "We are the one and only group worshipping our own God". That's exactly what Jesus said that led to the conspiracy against Him.John 3:16
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emusan:

Your NWT inserted "OTHER" what the correct Bible says is 'He has been given a name that is above every name'

Same line of weak excuse...
The question you should have asked yourself is, did Jesus allow them to die believing a lie if your claim actually true? Not all of them died without knowing the truth...
But why would the same Jesus allow Russel to die believing lies?

because the last time I check
Russell was not a Jehovah witness but "herad of Christ"
Russell died believing many things that are against JWs teaching today...yet today JWs still honored him.

See this: In response to the radical new direction Rutherford was taking the Watchtower Society, many left the Organization and formed independent Bible Student groups. In an effort to distance his followers from this "evil slave class," Rutherford introduced the distinguishing name Jehovah's Witnesses. This is introduced by a convention resolution, described in the
Watchtower 1931 Sep 15 page 278 and discussed in detail in the article "A New Name" Oct 1 page 291.

You don't understand it rather you always bring ridiculous excuses to justify it instead of asking yourself some thoughtful questions.
James,Stephen and many other followers of Jesus have died before they adopted the group name Christians! Well it's like you're only interested in arguments but we're not taught to argue with people who aren't seeing anything good in our presentation. That's why i said earlier "continue witnessing for Jesus while i continue witnessing for Jehovah" the WORKS will justify whose faith is DEAD or ALIVE! James 2:26

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 15, 2018
Meanwhile acholadey, you can continue using different usernames facelessly criticizing Jehovah's organization. We're Jehovah's witnesses and that's our group name even though you are worshipping with US in disguise as an Apostate. We're not pleased to be called in the same group name with those hypocritically deceiving themselves that they're worshipping one God when it's obvious that they're not. Jehovah is our God, Jesus is our teacher and the governing body is the dispenser through which Jesus is dishing out the spiritual food for US in this last days. If you're not in agreement with that, I believe you can try any other religious group instead of tormenting yourself amongst those with whom you totally disagree in beliefs.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
James,Stephen and many other followers of Jesus have died before they adopted the group name Christians!

And that means the name Christian is a pagan or what?

Well it's like you're only interested in arguments but we're not taught to argue with people

You're not taught to be arguing but you go from thread to thread defending your organization...cut that crap...

who aren't seeing anything good in our presentation.

And you think everybody must reason the way you do.
You as a JWs do you see anything good about another person?

That's why i said earlier "continue witnessing for Jesus while i continue witnessing for Jehovah" the WORKS will justify whose faith is DEAD or ALIVE! James 2:26

I will continue to Witness for Jesus because that's the instruction from Jesus which can be found in the Bible, What His Father, all the prophets and His disciples did.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:

And that means the name Christian is a pagan or what?
You're not taught to be arguing but you go from thread to thread defending your organization...cut that crap...
And you think everybody must reason the way you do.
You as a JWs do you see anything good about another person?
I will continue to Witness for Jesus because that's the instruction from Jesus which can be found in the Bible, What His Father, all the prophets and His disciples did.
(1) The group name "Christians was adopted after the death of some followers of Jesus the same way the group name "Jehovah's witnesses" was adopted after the death of some 17th century Bible's students like brother Russell.(2) When Questions arises for reason of our faith, we try to defend it but not to go into bitter arguments. 1Timothy 6:4,Philippians 2:14,Titus 3:9 (3)Christians see good in everyone that's why we knock doors indiscriminately but WE CAN NOT SEE ANYTHING GOOD IN INTERFAITH because Jesus is one so all Christians must speak in agreement regarding SACRED SERVICES,when there is contradictions Satan is "master brain" behind it. 1Corinthians 1:10,Ephesians 4:5 (4)That's exactly what i've been trying to tell you from the onset, because after His baptism Jesus never search for Pharisees to argue or question their beliefs, on the contrary it was Pharisees, Sadusees, Scribes and other teachers of the law that kept trailing Jesus and His followers to "question their faith". Please if you're truly one of their kind i think your main focus should be the preaching and teaching work (within your neighborhood) that He commissioned and not (posting questions on social media inviting those with data for the sake of argument ), God's Kingdom message isn't for those who won't welcome it because Christians are not to look for means to argue! God bless you. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig / Can You Pray For The Dead? Is It A Futile Effort? / Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.