Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree (25334 Views)

South African Woman Murdered By Boyfriend Who Accused Her Of Cheating / Edo: Dead Body Of A Pregnant Woman Found Beside A Football Pitch / Man And Woman Found Dead Inside A Car In Maryland, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by LegendVibes: 5:41am On Sep 13, 2018
A 6 months pregnant woman was found murdered in Oribi Gorge, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

A Johannesburg tourist made a gruesome disco when spotting birds led to the discovery of a body stuck in a tree.

The department of health said in a statement on Tuesday that the body was identified as Nelisa Cele‚ a 31-year old nurse‚ who was enrolled at the Gamalakhe Community Health Centre.

Confirming the incident yesterday, Police spokesperson Captain Nqobile Gwala said the body was discovered last Friday morning at around 10am by a Johannesburg tourist who had been taking photographs and following birds.

Cele's body‚ which showed signs of severe assault‚ had been caught in a tree. It is believed that she was thrown down an embankment.

Gwala said that the body was initially registered as that of an unknown person‚ but that Cele’s family had come forward to register a missing person’s case at the weekend. They had then made the gruesome discovery that Cele had been murdered.

She was expected to take delivery of a new car on her day off last Wednesday‚ the day she went missing. A case of murder has been opened with SAPS.
There have been no arrests at this stage.'

KZN Health MEC Sibongiseni Dhlomo said he was shocked by the "callous murder of a defenceless woman and healthcare worker".

“The murder of a healthcare workers is always a sad day for us‚ because these are people who are tasked to do the Lord’s work‚ which is to save lives and bring healing to those who are ailing. These incidents are therefore extremely concerning. There is just no place for brutal incidents such as this one in our society.

“It is unacceptable‚ and we call on law enforcement authorities to do everything in their power to bring the responsible person(s) to book. We send our deepest condolences to the family at this difficult time‚ and would also like to urge anyone who might have information regarding this murder to come forward and alert law enforcement authorities‚” he said.

Cele's funeral will take place on Saturday.

https://www.torimill.co/world/9771/tortured-body-of-a-pregnant-south-african-woman-found-stuck-in-tree.html

2 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Chicagoesontop: 6:01am On Sep 13, 2018
Chaii, Fine Geh !! RIP .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by GOFRONT(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2018
Cheii
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by ELgordo(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ovoko
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
angry
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by TheAngry1: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
I have severally warned my female friends/colleagues that if he screams at you (not beat you o!) while you are still dating, run! Any man who screams at you WILL eventually you; and if he can hit you, he can kill you. Leave the idiot now!!!

By the way, before you point fingers at SA men, remember Nigerian men who use their girlfriends and mothers for rituals. Four fingers are pointing right back at you nigggeers!

21 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by tstx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
... Na so one take burn him girlfriend day before yesterday.

South Africans are really beasts..

3 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Xisnin(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
The police should place a quick visit to her ex boyfriend.
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by rhythyson: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
The devil will be caught
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Deltatoto: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
LegendVibes:
A 6 months pregnant woman was found murdered in Oribi Gorge, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

A Johannesburg tourist made a gruesome disco when spotting birds led to the discovery of a body stuck in a tree.

The department of health said in a statement on Tuesday that the body was identified as Nelisa Cele‚ a 31-year old nurse‚ who was enrolled at the Gamalakhe Community Health Centre.

Confirming the incident yesterday, Police spokesperson Captain Nqobile Gwala said the body was discovered last Friday morning at around 10am by a Johannesburg tourist who had been taking photographs and following birds.

Cele's body‚ which showed signs of severe assault‚ had been caught in a tree. It is believed that she was thrown down an embankment.

Gwala said that the body was initially registered as that of an unknown person‚ but that Cele’s family had come forward to register a missing person’s case at the weekend. They had then made the gruesome discovery that Cele had been murdered.

She was expected to take delivery of a new car on her day off last Wednesday‚ the day she went missing. A case of murder has been opened with SAPS.
There have been no arrests at this stage.'

KZN Health MEC Sibongiseni Dhlomo said he was shocked by the "callous murder of a defenceless woman and healthcare worker".

“The murder of a healthcare workers is always a sad day for us‚ because these are people who are tasked to do the Lord’s work‚ which is to save lives and bring healing to those who are ailing. These incidents are therefore extremely concerning. There is just no place for brutal incidents such as this one in our society.

“It is unacceptable‚ and we call on law enforcement authorities to do everything in their power to bring the responsible person(s) to book. We send our deepest condolences to the family at this difficult time‚ and would also like to urge anyone who might have information regarding this murder to come forward and alert law enforcement authorities‚” he said.

Cele's funeral will take place on Saturday.

https://www.torimill.co/world/9771/tortured-body-of-a-pregnant-south-african-woman-found-stuck-in-tree.html

minus one Toto for earth

2 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by EmekaBlue(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hell fire loading for d killer/killers
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hmm.
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by ehispapa(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
crime of passion, very common in South Africa.
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Sirpaul(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
What a wicked world we live in.....
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by chukxie(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
South Africans are mean. Really mean! Rest on pretty lady. Rest on unborn child. May your killers be found.

2 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Urchman27(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
A pregnant woman cry cry

Rip
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by campaign7(f): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Too bad

1 month training for individuals and group's, interested to become EVENT PLANNERS AND EVENT DECORATOR'S. Only applicants who resides in Lagos! Check profile for info

Limited slot's available....

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
I wouldn't want to see the pic..
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by TheAngry1: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Deltatoto:
minus one Toto for earth

See how senseless you sound, animal! How are you different from the guy who killed her? angry angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Jamestown123: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Been wondering if South Africa is a country or a jungle filled with illiterate people. Their cities fine but one sense no dey their heads.

4 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Qdot85606: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by weyreypey: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Oribi gorge ke? How did she get there? That place is acutely off-road?
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by joenor(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hiya fine girl..... south african with their murder attitude RIP cry
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
I have severally warned my female friends/colleagues if he screams at you (not beat you o!) while you are still dating, run! Any man who screams at you will hit you; and if he can hit you, he can kill you. Leave the idiot now!!!

By the way, before you point fingers at SA men, remember Nigerian men who use their girlfriends and mothers for rituals. Four fingers are pointing right back at you nigggeers!
that is to tell you that it is same everywhere buh all those motherf**kers would rather accuse Nigeria of the very same crimes they commit on a daily basis. Hypocrites they are, from Ghana to South Africa, they are all mad.

7 Likes

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by TheAngry1: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
IntrovertedK:
that is to tell you that it is same everywhere buh all those motherf**kers would rather accuse Nigeria of the very same crimes they commit on a daily basis. Hypocrites they are, from Ghana to South Africa, they are all mad.

I agree! Those who call Nigerians drug peddlers are not better in any way...they would sell drugs if the could.

1 Like

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Amberon: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
South African devils
Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by AjalaJ(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
That place is a land of crime - just like Nigeria.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal

1 Like

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
Rubbish advice. The worst ppl for married couples to get advice from are singles because they know nothing about being married.

So if I scream at my child or my worker means I'll kill them abi? I fought with a friend dosnt mean ill kill him someday.

In a relationship you can argue, scream and do whatever but at the end you guys cant do without eachother. Watch CI or ID channels on DSTV and see what those gentle, perfect men do to women at the end. Once it's too good to be true then watch out.

Even as a man there is no way your male best friend will stay in the same house with you for years that you won't find fault in him. He will definitely do something that will annoy someday.

Marriage is bringing 2 persons from different background, home, family and sometime different religions, culture and tribe together. The way a lady was raised in her home is different from the way the man was raised in his home. There is no way they won't be misunderstanding when you bring these 2 people to live together under same roof.

A man can be as humble as a dove and gentle as Mr. Gentle but very dangerous.

TheAngry1:
I have severally warned my female friends/colleagues that if he screams at you (not beat you o!) while you are still dating, run! Any man who screams at you WILL eventually you; and if he can hit you, he can kill you. Leave the idiot now!!!

1 Like

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by TheAngry1: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
AmiciLord:
Rubbish advice. The worst ppl for married couples to get advice from are singles because they know nothing about being married.

So if I scream at my child or my worker means I'll kill them abi? I fought with a friend dosnt mean ill kill him someday.

In a relationship you can argue, scream and do whatever but at the end you guys cant do without eachother. Watch CI or ID channels on DSTV and see what those gentle, perfect men do to women at the end. Once it's too good to be true then watch out.

A man can be as humble as a dove and gentle as Mr. Gentle but very dangerous.

How idiotic! Suddenly you assume I am single abi?

1 Like

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Just this small thing I wrote you already used the word "IDIOTIC"

I never even insult u sef.

This goes to show how hot tempered you are. You can kill a woman. Hypocritic like you.

TheAngry1:

How idiotic! Suddenly you assume I am single abi?

1 Like

Re: Tortured Body Of A Pregnant South African Woman Found Stuck In Tree by TheAngry1: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
AmiciLord:
Just this small thing I wrote you already used the word "IDIOTIC"

I never even insult u sef.

This goes to show how hot tempered you are. You can kill a woman. Hypocritic like you.

I repeat you are idiotic!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Monarch Akaeze Edward-Ofulue Arrested / Woman Poisons Day-old Stepson In Niger State With "Otapiapia" / NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.