Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released (42613 Views)

Iphone 11 Launch Date, Price And Pre-review / Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) / Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by sainttobs(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2018

Apple has got fanboys hot under the collar with the unveiling of the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR.

The trio had few surprises in store thanks to the huge number of leaks building up to Apple’s launch event; the iPhone XS and XS Max pack 5.8in and 6.5in OLED screens, respectively, while the “low-end” XR features a 6.1in LCD ‘Liquid Retina’ screen.

All three models are the first to feature Apple’s homegrown A12 Bionic CPU, the first commercially available 7nm processor, and all come adorned with the notched display that first debuted on last year’s iPhone X.

We’ve rounded up everything you need to know about Apple’s iPhone XS, XS Max and XR below.

Release date

Apple’s iPhone XS and XS Max will be available to pre-order from 14 September, with shipping to begin on 21 September.

Pre-orders for the iPhone XR begin on 19 October before the handset starts shipping on 26 October.

Price

The iPhone XS and XS Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB configurations. The XS will cost £999, £1,149 and £1,349, while the XS Max will set you back £1,099, £1,249 and £1,449, respectively.

The iPhone XR, which will be offered with 64GB, 128GB or 256GB storage, will be priced at £749, £799 and £899, respectively.

All three smartphones will be available to buy through all major operators.

Latest news

13/9/18: Apples not-yet-day-old iPhones have been shown up in Geekbench (via LetsGoDigital), revealing the performance you can expect from the firm’s 7nm A12 Bionic chip.

The lowest-spec iPhone XR, which the listing reveals features 3GB RAM, earns itself a single-core score 4,754 and a multi-core score of 9,367. While the run-of-the-mill iPhone XS hasn’t yet been listed on Geekbench, its bigger Max-branded sibling, which comes with 4GB RAM, ranks with a single-core score of 4,813 and a multi-core score of 10,266.

In comparison, last year’s now-defunct iPhone X reached a Geekbench score of 4,055 in single-core and 10,375 in multi-core.

12/9/18: Apple has officially unveiled the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR at its much-hyped ‘Gather Round’ event.

The 5.8in iPhone XS is the direct successor to last year’s iPhone X, while the Max model, which offers the same footprint as Apple’s previous 5.5in smartphones despite its larger 6.5in OLED display, essentially replaces Apple’s now-defunct Plus-branded models.

Both the XS and XS Max feature Super Retina resolution screens, which offer HDR, Dolby Vision, a 120Hz refresh rate and carry the notch that debuted on last year’s flagship. This is to accommodate Apple’s souped-up Face ID tech, which the firm is now touting as the “most secure facial authentication ever in a smartphone”.

Both also come crafted from surgical-grade stainless steel and the “most durable glass ever in a smartphone”, with the new devices now boasting IP68 certification.

Under the hood, the new iPhone XS models pack Apple’s A12 Bionic CPU, the first commercially available 7nm chip. The processor, which comprises of a four-core CPU, six-core GPU a next-gen eight-core neural engine, promises to deliver a 15 per cent performance boost compared to last year’s A11 chip, 40 per cent lower power consumption and support for real-time machine learning.

On the photography front, the iPhone XS and XS Max pack a dual 12MP camera setup, which boasts a larger sensor than that found on the iPhone X and an improved TrueTone flash. There’s a bunch of new Camera software features incoming too, including a new ‘Smart HDR’ mode and the ability to adjust a photo’s depth of field after it’s been taken.

Around the front, you’ll find the same 7MP TrueDepth camera as last year’s model, but – according to Apple, at least – the sensor is “twice as fast” as before.

The iPhone XS and XS Max are also the first iPhones to support dual SIM, with a physical SIM card and Apple’s own eSIM. For China, Apple is specifically making a phone with two physical SIM slots.

In terms of battery life, Apple boasts that the iPhone XS will last, er, 30 minutes longer than the iPhone X, while the iPhone XS Max will deliver an extra hour and a half.

The iPhone XS and XS Max will be available with a choice of 64GB, 256GB, 512GB of storage, and in Gold and Silver, Space Grey colour options.

Apple also showcased the iPhone XR at its 12 September launch event, which arrives as the spiritual successor to last year’s iPhone 8. It hasn’t escaped the notch treatment, though, with Apple equipping the lower-end smartphone with a display cutout to accommodate its previously iPhone X-exclusive Face ID tech.

The handset, which takes cues from the iPhone 5C with its jazzy colour options, comes crafted from aluminium and glass, which houses its 6.1in LCD ‘Liquid Retina’ display and offers IP57 certifications.

While the iPhone XR packs the same A12 Bionic CPU as the XS and XS Max, it lacks the dual-camera setup of its more expensive siblings and instead touts a single 12MP wide-angle lens on its rear. You’ll find the same 7MP TrueDepth camera around the front, though.

The iPhone XR also offers dual SIM support with one physical card slot and a digital eSIM and, in terms of battery life, Apple claims you’ll get an hour and a half more than the iPhone 8 Plus.

The iPhone XR will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB configurations and white, black, blue, coral, red and yellow colour options.

Source: https://9jatechguru.com.ng/2018/09/iphone-xs-release-date-price-and-specs-apples-iphone-xr-and-xs-max-also-released.html
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by SirAgbaletu(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
First to comment on Iphone page? Thats a sign of good thing to come

Meanwhile, for your AFROCENTRIC wears...call 08030901997

2 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Aldebaran(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
O. K

IPhone may be more secured...

But it is overrated... cheesy

44 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by KELVONISTIC: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
Xs

1 Like

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by GodblessNig247(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lovely
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by JON01: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
Op which one should i buy now.. XS or XR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Wikinaija(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nice link below
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Everything in this world will change

But God will remain forever

In God alone we trust

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Emmafe(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Cool

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by oluwaharie(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
The prices eh

1 Like

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by OVA200(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
What is wrong with this iPhone with their outrageous price, i don't blame them its the people that patronize them without even knowing 70% of the functions of the phone.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Babiboy: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
I don't care O
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Samsung Note 9 over this overhype shii

Ahbeg shift

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Megabig: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
And to think my friend just got the latest X last month after my warning,now the next ones will look old to him and trust me,they will release another before next year march....I still de use my Samsung S7 jare...

Bless you all

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by IZIBLAZE4JESUS(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Can someone with good calculator convert the price
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Mbamally(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Never get iPhone 6 and ur talking about
Xs, Xs Max & Xr cry

Someone should help cry

1 Like

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by unmask: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Powerful tech from iphone
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by ollah2: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Glorified iPhone X. Apple quickly discontinued it because they know the sales will increase at the detriment of newly wack phone they released.

Apple used a wallpaper to cover the wide annoying notch. shocked shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Dongreat(m): 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2018
If you have an iPhone X and decided to upgrade to this then you are the greatest isheep ever. Only new users and iPhone 6, 6s, and 7 users can upgrade cos they will be getting good value for their money.
Speaking of money, you must be high on idiocy dust to spend $1k on a phone

16 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by frinx: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2018
New phones with nothing new cheesy

1 Like

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by ejerukeuzezi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Bleep u ftc
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by whizbee(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
I like the phones.. can't budget for it yet and probably never will...
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by olasco18(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
please I need two...fr my self and my girlfriend

2 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by jaxxy(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Aldebaran:
O. K

IPhone may be more secured...

But it is overrated... cheesy

I’m a Samsung fan bt I can clearly tell It’s not especially from iOS9 I think. I see stuffs that I get impressed and how easy the make complex processes and subtle features that help ur daily use of the Fone. I’m sure core iPhone users know better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by AlphaStyles(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Imagine the price tag

4 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Waiting for Xiaomi to release the affordable version

5 Likes

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by kabakaauu: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ww
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
Badbelle go full this thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by rawtouch: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
cool
Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
List of future iPhones;

>iPhone XS
>iPhone XR
>iPhone XS Max
>iPhone XS Max X
>iPhone XS Plus
>iPhone XS Pro
>iPhone XS XL
>iPhone XS 2
>iPhone XS X
>iPhone XS Super
>iPhone XS Ultra
>iPhone XS Vista
>iPhone XR Plus
>iPhone XR Pro
>iPhone XR U
>iPhone Xii U
>iPhone Switch
>iPhone SE X
>iPhone Exxon Valdez
>iPhone XD: Gale of Darkness
>iPhone XDD
>iPhone XP
>iPhone XP Home Ediiton
>iPhone Xfce
>iPhone XN
>iPhone XQ
>iPhone XX
>iPhone XY
>iPhone Bleep
>iPhone XXXX
>iPhone XNXX

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released by lonelydora: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
Before you buy it, just think of the plot land in your village.

Meanwhile, Many girls will choose this payment method below

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.