Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,137 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47431 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by zinnydan(f): 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
She doesn't love you,unless she attends jw

165 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship,things has been pretty well and we love each other very much,we have our ups and down but we makeup for it.I love her so much I could do anything for her and she love me too in her own special kind of way.
the problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks,I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic),she is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.
am just confused,what shall I do,I need help

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
2buffagain:

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...
what has the pope got to do with my relationship problems

179 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Airforce1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
She no love you bros

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Homeboiy: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
Op do you need my advice ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
Homeboiy:
Op do you need my advice ?
if I don't I wouldn't have been here

6 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Homeboiy: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
aragon4realz:

If u want to be a man and leave long in life,
Don't do what she's asking you to do

246 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Homeboiy: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
aragon4realz:

Don't do what she asking you to do

We Christians too dey carry matter for head

Forget love

Be a man

175 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by madone: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Leave her and find another
Them plenty

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
I thought weddings usually takes place in the lady's church?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Peteragan(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mr Man what i will advise you first is to educate her on the Catholic Faith coz most of the comment here obviously show a shallow knowledge about what the Catholic faith entails and if she will not listen to you then i will advise that you look elsewhere.Also she has little knowledge about the faith from your post and you should not jeopardize your happiness for that flimsy reason.You can also still marry her and allow her to practice her faith if you want to navigate through.Honestly my advise is for you to let her go if she insist on not accepting your proposal because you are a Catholic.My humble opinion.

208 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Auladimeji(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
I love that lady,if you can't leave your church because of her,she should not leave her church because of you.You don't have two heads likewise your church

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Auladimeji(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship,things has been pretty well and we love each other very much,we have our ups and down but we makeup for it.I love her so much I could do anything for her and she love me too in her own special kind of way.
the problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks,I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic),she is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.
am just confused,what shall I do,I need help
I will advise her not to accept your proposal.She shouldn't be equally yoke with unbelievers(Catholic; You guys worship images)

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Auladimeji(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
zinnydan:
She doesn't love you,unless she attends jw

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
aragon4realz:

what has the pope got to do with my relationship problems

It was sarcasm.
But how could you guys allow an ordinary building with name tags and silly regalia impact so much on the future of you two. Your love for each other and belief in God is enough.. Why are you two acting as if it's a merseyside derby.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
I understand her reasons... she must have tasted what it is to be religious and be kingdom minded. she don't want a cold kinda faith in her approach to supremacy. Catholicism is not what she wants... coz she has attain a level of spirituality that she has known the attributes and fundamentals of serving God. Catholic is an orthodox church which still believe in dieties and mediatorships... in marriage spirituality matters most.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by chiommy123(f): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
I think that lady really loves you and not just that she also cares for your soul. You will be making a dangerous mistake by leaving her

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.

38 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by THUNDER4real(m): 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Spirituality is very important in marriage, two cannot work together unless they agree. It's better to have a failed relationship/courtship than a failed marriage. If the lady cannot concur with you spiritually, let her go, and it's same the other way.

34 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Some Christians are silly. A friend of mine faced this. 2 years relationship cos of catholic and pentecoaster shit. Well i be athiest

13 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by klenton(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignorant.

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

264 Likes 34 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by obainojazz(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
One girl once told me catholic till she dies, I can't marry a Catholic too..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
SBL28:

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.
bt these pple r xtains

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
yeyerolling:
bt these pple r xtains

Yes I know, all I'm saying is, don't date someone you can't marry.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
SBL28:

when you go into a relationship you do it for the fun of it but when you're about to get into marriage many thing is involve, you can date a girl but she is not a marriage material so you move on

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by spiceadole: 4:09am On Sep 14, 2018
Let her go.
4 years of chopping free kpekus.. Take that as your consolation and move on

You are a man.
Men do not hang on too long and too much to one lady.
They always have choices/options.
Are they no single Catholic sisters in your church or neighbourhood?

32 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 4:15am On Sep 14, 2018
spiceadole:
Let her go.
4 years of chopping free kpekus.. Take that as your consolation and move on

You are a man.
Men do not hang on too long and too much to one lady.
They always have choices/options.
Are they no single Catholic sisters in your church or neighbourhood?

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Money, Sex, Fun, Health: #WhatDoWomenWant? Trends On Twitter; Nigerians React / Nairaland Romance Official Valentine Thread {pls Lets Keep This Thread Simple} / Shameful Methods Guys Use In Wooing Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.