Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47442 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by tenebero: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2018
ok, what I see here is a fundamental problem. How would u be dating someone for 4years yet u guys never trashed an issue as sensitive as dis? I have a friend who had exactly dis kind of an issue, who had already gone for introduction sef.
4years(48 months) and it's now u people are fighting over religion.
My own take is d two of u ain't really matured enough to go into courtship in d first place. U need a counselor.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 7:10am On Sep 17, 2018
Oya OP come and tell us your final decision on the matter. What do you plan to do after all the advice and fight between the two fractions. grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jiorhemen(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help
Women like blackmailing men with 'If you love me, you will do it for me'. And weak men fall for the blackmail. Okay, what if you also say that if she loves you, she should also leave her church for you. Why must it be the man who must compromise for love. Why can't she also compromise. Anyway, don't be confused as you said you are. There's no reason to be confused. This is a very simple issue. If she says she is not doing, then damn her and leave her. She is not God and your destiny does not depend on her. Never never leave your church for a woman. Being a Catholic is not evil. If you ever want to leave your church, leave because of your personal conviction, not because one girl with a false sense of superiority over a man is giving it as a condition to marry you. That is a ridiculous demand.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by johnmba: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:

And are you sure this statues look like the entities you think they represent?

Answer the question biko

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Oneboypikin: 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
RavenClaw:
Oya OP come and tell us your final decision on the matter. What do you plan to do after all the advice and fight between the two fractions. grin
Senior How Far?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

Arrant nonsense angry

Your pentecostal church is worse because its littered with fake pastors after their pockets only

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
so ur cath. church shld copy dem by polluting d church with secularism?
ikhileomotayo:

Arrant nonsense angry

Your pentecostal church is worse because its littered with fake pastors after their pockets only

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:

Everyone knows it's more prominent in your Pentecostal church. That's where you have the secular music, dress competition and other worldly stuff like buying the biggest cars, aircrafts etc etc grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Skseries: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
this statement is enuf for the gal to leave, one question, what gives u more right over her? U can't so she should? On what basis? So if she agree to have the wedding in ur church so after marriage will she still have to attend ur church? Or she can continue in Herz? I still understand if its a Muslim and a xtain, but too xtains fighting over this and u both read same bible pray to same Jesus and God? Jeeezzz nawa for Nigeria o, so church also sub divide Christianity..... God has a lot of work to do with judgments

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Skseries: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
EagleNest:
I simply don't understand. Is Christ divided?

I grew up to see this horrible rivalry in church between Catholic, Anglican and Pentecostal and I thought by now we have been wiser than to allow denomination to decide whether there would be marriage.

What happened to love? What happened to sacrifice? Where is Christ in the whole thing?
my brother thats even what's surprising me the most. Is it not same Jesus or is there a different one. Is it not just about how we serve and worship him thats different? But with same goal.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 5:34am On Sep 18, 2018
Oneboypikin:

Senior How Far?

I dey my guy. How things na?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 5:37am On Sep 18, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:

Bullshit
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ImaIma1(f): 6:02am On Sep 18, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Aside everything else, the wedding is supposed to be in the lady's church.

Why do a lot of Catholic men insist on wedding in their own church.

For this same reason, a friend if mine is yet to do her white wedding. They did traditional and now they have two kids but the guy was stubbornly insisting on his Catholic church but the girl's family refused.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2018
Not true, you don't go to court first and later Church nope.

Instead Catholic marriage is recognized as legal by any court. No need to go for court marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2018
herich:

There is no way people will intentionally accuse of paganism, if you people don't engaged in any form idolatry.
Remember, you have people as neighbours, friends, brothers, cousins, they observes you guys as well.
Nollywood also uses Catholic church, most times in their movies and people watches these movie also.
if a lie is repeated often people assumed it is true. That is what happens in this case.

You can't accuse someone of idolatry unless you know his heart. I sometimes kneel in front of my Bible and pray, does that mean I am worshipping the book?

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Kayusonline(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2018
quote author=chiommy123 post=71169043]I think that lady really loves you and not just that she also cares for your soul. You will be making a dangerous mistake by leaving her[/quote]

Gud idea don't let her go because she is more spiritual than you, if you let her out of your life you may cry for her latter.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2018
wowcatty:
If he loves her they should meet each other halfway or marry their pastors.
leaving his church isn't half way for a Catholic, that is all the way.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31am On Sep 18, 2018
Slimsly100:

I am a staunch catholic myself bruh.
But then on your take on the matter, issorite
you must be a staunch badly catechisied Catholic ignorant of what your Church teaches
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 8:35am On Sep 18, 2018
Slimsly100:

I am a staunch catholic myself bruh.
But then on your take on the matter, issorite
you must be a staunch badly catechisied Catholic ignorant of what your Church teaches

From the church catechism

1616 This is what the Apostle Paul makes clear when he says: "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her," adding at once: "'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one. This is a great mystery, and I mean in reference to Christ and the Church."110

1617 The entire Christian life bears the mark of the spousal love of Christ and the Church. Already Baptism, the entry into the People of God, is a nuptial mystery; it is so to speak the nuptial bath.111 which precedes the wedding feast, the Eucharist. Christian marriage in its turn becomes an efficacious sign, the sacrament of the covenant of Christ and the Church. Since it signifies and communicates grace, marriage between baptized persons is a true sacrament of the New Covenant
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2018
RavenClaw:

Lol tasted what? cheesy Was the "Kingdom minded" sweet? What level of spirituality has she attained? I hate Pentecostals for one thing, they believe their version of Christianity is right. They broke away from Christianity and formed total shit all in the name of Pentecostalism.

But that's real fact... I'm an Anglican oh... there are facts we really don't know or maybe they don't wanna tell u. The orthodox part of religion is so archaic and Jesus came and made every thing easy for us by Grace... they preach same old preaching I have been hearing from birth... I know within myself I'm really lacking in some aspect of my spiritual life coz of lack of his word and raw truth.

I don't know what u thinking I'm not defending any religion but christanity is far more than what the orthodox are telling u.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Oneboypikin: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2018
RavenClaw:

I dey my guy. How things na?
How do I contact you my mail is on Profile
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by herich(m): 9:44am On Sep 18, 2018
Ubenedictus:
if a lie is repeated often people assumed it is true. That is what happens in this case.

You can't accuse someone of idolatry unless you know his heart. I sometimes kneel in front of my Bible and pray, does that mean I am worshipping the book?
Just look at what you're saying. Let someone else interpret what you just reasoned now.
If people accused me praying before a statue, which is actually true.
So I might come up and defend myself with the logic that, they don't know my heart.
Meaning, as I'm making pronouncement, before a statue, my heart is in connection with God.
I don't think anyone will believe/agree with me.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by princfred(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2018
In marriage finally everything will matter. I can't marry a Jehova witness, cherubim and seraphim member or Muslim even a Catholic member na manage. Good thing I always tell them upfront.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
herich:

Just look at what you're saying. Let someone else interpret what you just reasoned now.
If people accused me praying before a statue, which is actually true.
So I might come up and defend myself with the logic that, they don't know my heart.
Meaning, as I'm making pronouncement, before a statue, my heart is in connection with God.
I don't think anyone will believe/agree with me.

You see me praying in front of a statue? What is new? The entire Israelites in the Bible prayed in front of the ark with its statues, in fact Joshua is recorded as prostrating before the statues while praying? Are they guilty of idolatry?

You guys seem to have the misguided erroneous notion that anyone who is praying in front of something is worshipping the object.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
aragon4realz:

as Catholics, this is 1 of d challenges we face. my opinion is, d marriage be conducted in her church, after marriage, every1 goes to his or her church. if she still refuse, u let her go. I have been in that boat before and I know how difficult it is
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by rossyc(f): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
klenton:
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignorant.

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

Abeg loud it...Allow the gullible ones to wallow away in their ignorance.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ritamary01(f): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up
through Mary we intrerceed, and not succeed ok

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
thanks all for your advice but she just gave me her answer last night https://www.nairaland.com/4741031/she-finally-said-yes
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ritamary01(f): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
klenton:
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignorant.

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

God bless you
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
go 2 d church and confirm for urself cool
ritamary01:
through Mary we intrerceed, and not succeed ok
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by deafeyez: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
SBL28:
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.

That man I believe is the one taking things too far. He is so into the girl and confused.
Anyway, good luck to them.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by herich(m): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ubenedictus:

You see me praying in front of a statue? What is new? The entire Israelites in the Bible prayed in front of the ark with its statues, in fact Joshua is recorded as prostrating before the statues while praying? Are they guilty of idolatry?

You guys seem to have the misguided erroneous notion that anyone who is praying in front of something is worshipping the object.
If you can't back up your stories with quotations from bible, don't quote me again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Money, Sex, Fun, Health: #WhatDoWomenWant? Trends On Twitter; Nigerians React / Shameful Methods Guys Use In Wooing Ladies / 62-Year-Old Woman Wedded 9-Year-Old Boy In South Africa (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.