Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,338 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47368 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mabelly: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help

OK, if I am to be in your shoes, I will tell her that for us to prove our love to each other, we will both have to sacrifice. that is we would both have to leave our churches. Tell her to go look for another place of worship and you would be willing to follow her there but if she insist on her current church then she is not ready to sacrifice which means she is self-centered and doesn't really love you.

My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
femi4:
If you are a Bible scholar with no bias mind, you should be able to identify the denomination with wrong teachings
so na u be right hand of GOD abi? Leave the judgement to jesus catholic has a different style of worshipping GOD so does other churches

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Show me any Catholic who prays to Mary.

Son you gonn learn today.
j don't blame you, I was born and brought up in Catholics but the lord showed me a better way to serve him.

Hail mary, pray for us sinners what is that to you? I only have one scripture for you

Acts17:30

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
AlphaStyles:
so na u be right hand of GOD abi? Leave the judgement to jesus catholic has a different style of worshipping GOD so does other churches
The Bible is there for you to study, stop being stupid

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mistyebby(f): 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...

Pointless!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
madridguy:
You will marry muslim and even do hajj.

Lol, maybe in another lifetime.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aejiikae22: 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:

Honestly, no church denomination is perfect, and every denomination is basically its own religion at this point. that is why religion itself is a cancer. Jesus Christ is above religion. Today we have churches that the Holy Spirit hasn't even been in since 1998. Just people going through the motions and entertaining or carrying out man-made traditions.

It is also unfortunate that pentecostal church has now been thought to mean prosperity church.
The prosperity church should honestly be another denomination on it's own as much of it was spawned by a subtle greed that grew into an idolization of material success.

The catholic church? It evidently has an issue with idols period. Whoever discounts this is just defending culture/tradition, not scripture. God was firm when he expressed He doesn't want idols made of Him or anything in heaven. You don't know what he looks like, neither do you know what Mary looks like...but you just do all that because that's what your church leaders tell you to do. You haven't gone into the bible for yourself to let the holy spirit teach you, by himself, what is expected of you and things to avoid. For one of many examples... if you guys were truly in truth, marriage for priests would be a choice not a mandate to desist (1 Timothy 4:3). You hear the news everyday what that does to these men...

Whatever floats your boats sha, just know that there is a thin line between doing it right and doing it very very wrong with all these churches....and as the last days come to an end...that line gets ever thinner.

As a christian, your paramount concern is not religion...but your personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit will tell you where you need to go when you detach your soul from religionism and yield only to His instruction.
Those who rely on "church crowd", "My pastor/pope says so", etc in these last days will be gravely disappointed when what's coming hits us.
Jesus himself warned of this.
We will have no-one to blame because our pastor cannot answer for us when that day gets real.
So we owe it to ourselves to strip our religious egos/titles/relationships from all this, seek truth SOLO from God's word, and then apply anew as if we knew nothing before.
if only 10% of Christians reasoned like this half of the world's problems would be solved.thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mistyebby(f): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
j don't blame you, I was born and brought up in Catholics but the lord showed me a better way to serve him.

Hail mary, pray for us sinners what is that to you? I only have one scripture for you

Why are you lying? angry

6 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...
see them fooling themselves .
Catholic this Catholic that.
all you Pentecostal business centres .

who do your think preserved and nourished the Christian faith .
I would rather be a pagan or atleast a non practicing Muslim than change my denomination.

and for you OP better make your choice afterall we Catholics don't practice the do or die brand of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...

Am glad people knows this already. It's very important so many people are aware. Funny enough people don't take it serious.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by babadey(m): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Has the thought on this your church, kept you asking yourself questions (too)?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by NotNairalandi(m): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
aragon4realz:

hahahaha...bro wait a minute, are you referring to Adaeze?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
mistyebby:

Why are you lying? angry
are you okay? Where is the lie? I won't recite the rosery, you can and see where I got that text from

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

mister man you are not a Catholic so shiiiii
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
femi4:
which bible the same preserved by the Catholics ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by itumafriday(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] my dear if you truely love her, go ahead and accept her request and marry her i promise you, you won't regrat it i've been in that position before and am ejoying it even though we hav'nt marry but she made me to see life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Since Catholic and Anglican issue is causing such higi haga and you both claim to love each other very much and can't come to a level playing field, abeg una just do traditional wedding + court wedding case closed.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Boldstar(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
I have a female friend who is exactly in same situation as this. She is Pentecostal while her fiance is catholic, and she stood best ground that she will never marry into catholic while the fiance's mother refused to bless their relationship due to the girl's refusal to adopt Catholicism.

My question to her was, is getting married to him and accepting Catholicism mutually exclusive or independent?

OP, that is the same question you should ask her. When you get the answer, you'll know what to do
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
giles14:
which bible the same preserved by the Catholics ?
Go ask them o

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by madridguy(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
Not in another time.

SBL28:

Lol, maybe in another lifetime.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
femi4:
Religion does it again two loves got divided because of church GOD said I AM EVERYWHERE so its not up to you to tell people which church does not have GOD and when people in the bible were busy praying to the ark of the covenant una no complain when the build holy place for am una no complain JESUS no complain so mr true church religion i don forget say na church we dy go serve not GOD again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by wildkat: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...
Iwo!!

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
you are funny better choice now .be4 you begin accusing the Catholic church in the future .
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by wildkat: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

My friend sharrap. Was it not a Pentecostal church that invited comedians and Korede Bello?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Religion does it again two loves got divided because of church GOD said I AM EVERYWHERE so its not up to you to tell people which church does not have GOD and when people in the bible were busy praying to the ark of the covenant una no complain when the build holy place for am una no complain JESUS no complain so mr true church religion i don forget say na church we dy go serve not GOD again
Amos 3:3
Two CANNOT walk together unless they agree

Forget love, it won't work. There ll be friction every time especially when they start having kids

4 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LadySarah: 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
I'm sure either the op or his fiancee is from Anambra or mbaise,IMO state.They carry catholic matter for head like gala. grin

6 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by D1zion: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yes the truth is what if you were a Muslim. My bro I think is better you let her go & get someone who will be ready to marry you irrespective of were you worship. Or whatever God you believe in. As she has started now, what will be the next line of action by the time you marry her. You're a man & as it is the man should be the one that decides whatever happens in marriage.but now that she has started.hmmmm.pls let her go. I know that in heaven there's nothing like church & it's not church that will take you to heaven but your faith. Just like there's no father, mother,brothers & sisters there. So there's no wife too in heaven. No marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
doughziay:

Thing is both of you are Christians and you're by doing this church thing bringing separation in the body of Christ..
is it not one God?
Is the God in Catholic different from her own church..This has to be trashed out squarely before you both walk the road to forever.

if you or her by any means give in to the pressure because of marriage to change church, you might be struggling with that in marriage.

If she's the will of God for you, God always has his way of making things work perfectly, if it continues this way, pray and your wife will surface. God be with you.
where in the bible do you see a good wife dishing out instruments to her husband?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mistyebby(f): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
are you okay? Where is the lie? I won't recite the rosery, you can and see where I got that text from

I don't even understand you. Your typos and punctuations are tiring.

Leave catholicism for catholics. You were not able to comprehend, I'm sure that's why you left.

4 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by rayobaba(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Bro. I will advice you not to leave Ur church. U might regret later. I have similar case but my girl decided to change herself as she doesn't want to lose me.
I believe for her to have mind to put you in tight corner means she's doesn't care if she loses u. So y worry urself abt someone who doesn't care if u go.
The problem is dt they believe they are spiritual and Catholics are not which is pure shallow reasoning.
But know dt marriages are done in wife's church thereafter she moves to Ur own church and u do the necessary regularisation.
My advice is given already, read again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Atakata(f): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Bro you are going to be the future head of ur family, the moment you agree to her terms my dear forget it she will control that marriage. Religion shouldn’t bring enemity btw the both of u . Am a catholic but I got married to a Pentecostal guy,I never allowed our different religion believe to come in between us. I attend his church with him , I believe we all serve same God. What matters is understanding and trust.pls pray Before u propose , marriage is not child’s play.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by francdec4(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Bro trust me being there. Don't ever think of giving up your true faith to please her, it won't even stop there. Had almost exact situation sometime ago and I stood my ground. There are many decisions you will face together and same trick of if you love me you will do this for me may continue to resurface. Let her know you love her but can't leave your faith so she can accept to marry you. It's not worth it one bit. My advice.

aragon4realz:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Lady's Response To A Man Who Wooed Her / Man Wants To Send Money To His Girlfriend Who Is Bored, See Hilarious Replies / Man Poses With His Two Pregnant Girlfriends (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.