Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,109 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47120 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by NwaliE01: 6:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Airforce1:
She no love you bros
Simple and short..

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jesmond3945: 6:46am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

this is my biggest problem right now so am still reading....this is one of the best advice I have received thanks...I will go ahead and propose to her and also make it clear that we will be wedding in the Catholic Church when the time comes,if she says no,I move on
I think you will go ahead and marry her which I am not stopping you because she would agree to wed in Catholic but let me give you a bombshell after marriage she would stop going to Catholic, after sometime she would start taking your children out of Catholic. If you are comfortable with these then go ahead and marry. For me I am the man infact my wife is Catholic but I married her in my church anglican. Even with my absence she still takes my kid to anglican. So your choice.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 6:47am On Sep 15, 2018
Galaticos444:
u ar a weak man 4making such statement I guess u ar about to write waec.wot kind of man ar u,even d bible says women should b submissive and u want d op to fall 4her manipulation so dat she will keep manipulating him 4 d rest of his life,shame on u
if anyone chooses to follow their wife to their church isn’t a weak man!!! If it’s conv for the person.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 6:49am On Sep 15, 2018
jesmond3945:
I think you will go ahead and marry her which I am not stopping you because she would agree to wed in Catholic but let me give you a bombshell after marriage she would stop going to Catholic, after sometime she would start taking your children out of Catholic. If you are comfortable with these then go ahead and marry. For me I am the man infact my wife is Catholic but I married her in my church anglican. Even with my absence she still takes my kid to anglican. So your choice.
she converted. Anglican ,,Catholics n Baptist marry themselves..... Pentecostal n Catholics is the question here
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by zolajpower: 6:50am On Sep 15, 2018
Amberon:
Why are sunnis vs shias killing themselves all over the world? Have you ever heard that Pentecostals were killing Catholics?
Lemme put dis question to u, if the Muslims are killing them selves do u advice that Catholics and Protestant should do same ? Besides ,why are Christians called the light of d world?
You talk about killing have not u heard about the killings in northern Ireland some years ago between the Catholics and Protestant ? A bloody crises. In as much as i know religion as caused more harm than repair throughout the whole world.

........guy i beg i am entitled to my own opinion so why petching on my mention like a toilet fly
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by EagleNest(m): 6:50am On Sep 15, 2018
I simply don't understand. Is Christ divided?

I grew up to see this horrible rivalry in church between Catholic, Anglican and Pentecostal and I thought by now we have been wiser than to allow denomination to decide whether there would be marriage.

What happened to love? What happened to sacrifice? Where is Christ in the whole thing?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by vivypretty(f): 6:51am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
Now this is where you guyz are getting it wrong, "I can't do this for her, she should be the one doing it for me"
if neither of you could convert each other to the other's church for the past 4years . You both may as well quit the relationship. This is just a relationship and you are finding it hard to make a sacrifice for each other what more can you willingly sacrifice after marriage without counting how many times you have sacrificed.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by apollo13(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...

How old are you?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Sheggy13(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

she didn't give reason....all she said was that she don't like my church
Why are you insisting on the wedding take place in your church? You can't accord her even that privilege of having the wedding in her church when that's the traditional thing to do, that weddings usually take place in the woman's church. Or am I missing something here? Hope you're not the authoritarian type?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
see how u wrote those things like God communicated with u personally to lay down those principles. Very funny! The same catholic u chastise and ridicule has the foundation of the so-called Bible u quoted. Who and how they wrote it, u know nothing about. How wat u now belief bcoms the grand norm beats every rational imagination.

Only shallow minds see from one side if the lens. No one knows d right religion but God. Catholics worship idol but when it comes to celebrating Christmas which is a typical idol practice pentecostal churches join in it. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses!
is The dates of Christmas that’s pagan but Christmas now represents the birth of Christ n it’s one week before new year . So we all go with it n use it as a medium to celebrate our faith... Catholics r idol worshipers I know it hurts but it’s true. The Bible was not written by Catholics, Catholics is just the first church in existence but not the foundation of the Bible.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by samcus(m): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2018
my brother sometimes the best thing you can do is not think,not wonder,not imagine,not obsess.just breathe and have faith that everything will work for the best!

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Naijabams(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

She should rather leave her church and join you , to me is not reasonable she ttying to detect how you will leave ur lfe .. See its not everyone u date u marry , cant u see u guys are only good in datung but there is fractions in marrriage? Use wat has happen to know that if by paraventure u get married to her u can only stick to her decision not urs cos she will still be using that line YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU SO MUCH , JUST DO IT FOR ME ... be wise brother many good ones are oit there sir this is 21st century .. Take ur time u will see them

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

Honestly, no church denomination is perfect, and every denomination is basically its own religion at this point. that is why religion itself is a cancer. Jesus Christ is above religion. Today we have churches that the Holy Spirit hasn't even been in since 1998. Just people going through the motions and entertaining or carrying out man-made traditions.

It is also unfortunate that pentecostal church has now been thought to mean prosperity church.
The prosperity church should honestly be another denomination on it's own as much of it was spawned by a subtle greed that grew into an idolization of material success.

The catholic church? It evidently has an issue with idols period. Whoever discounts this is just defending culture/tradition, not scripture. God was firm when he expressed He doesn't want idols made of Him or anything in heaven. You don't know what he looks like, neither do you know what Mary looks like...but you just do all that because that's what your church leaders tell you to do...in stalwart defiance of what God dictated. You haven't gone into the bible for yourself to let the holy spirit teach you, by himself, what is expected of you and things to avoid. For one of many examples... if you guys were truly in truth, marriage for priests would be a choice not a mandate to desist (1 Timothy 4:3). You hear the news everyday what that does to these men...

Whatever floats your boats sha, just know that there is a thin line between doing it right and doing it very very wrong with all these churches....and as the last days come to an end...that line gets ever thinner.

As a christian, your paramount concern is not religion...but your personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit will tell you where you need to go when you detach your soul from [b]religionism and yield only to His instruction.
Those who rely on "church crowd", "My pastor/pope says so", etc in these last days will be gravely disappointed when what's coming hits us.
Jesus himself warned of this.
We will have no-one to blame because our pastor cannot answer for us when that day gets real.
So we owe it to ourselves to strip our religious egos/titles/relationships from all this, seek truth SOLO from God's word, and then apply anew as if we knew nothing before. [/b]
this is how it is to me o. Though I still attend my family church, mostly cause of the friends n relationship I hv built there,but I read my Bible n hv developed my own faith n ideology towards life.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jesmond3945: 7:04am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
she converted. Anglican ,,Catholics n Baptist marry themselves..... Pentecostal n Catholics is the question here
she is an Anglican by birth but I know in most pentecostal churches they deride and spread misinformation about orthodox churches a lot that's the genesis of her problem.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by apollo13(m): 7:04am On Sep 15, 2018
Dear Op, iam a catholic and a married a muslim, but nom, we both attend my church and she's more religious than me, it is all about understanding each other. But let me be frank with you, you guys should have talked about it from the very beginning of the relationship. If she is not ready to attend your church, then where is the love?

4 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Janthony: 7:05am On Sep 15, 2018
Why comment on what you don't know much about
Auladimeji:
I will advise her not to accept your proposal. She shouldn't be equally yoked with unbelievers(Catholic; You guys worship images)

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:07am On Sep 15, 2018
jesmond3945:
she is an Anglican by birth but I know in most pentecostal churches they deride and spread misinformation about orthodox churches a lot that's the genesis of her problem.
that’s ur problem my dear not hers. Cause God is in no church .. n u right there might not still go to heaven . So shiiiii
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by iambabaG: 7:07am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

Honestly, no church denomination is perfect, and every denomination is basically its own religion at this point. that is why religion itself is a cancer. Jesus Christ is above religion. Today we have churches that the Holy Spirit hasn't even been in since 1998. Just people going through the motions and entertaining or carrying out man-made traditions.

It is also unfortunate that pentecostal church has now been thought to mean prosperity church.
The prosperity church should honestly be another denomination on it's own as much of it was spawned by a subtle greed that grew into an idolization of material success.

The catholic church? It evidently has an issue with idols period. Whoever discounts this is just defending culture/tradition, not scripture. God was firm when he expressed He doesn't want idols made of Him or anything in heaven. You don't know what he looks like, neither do you know what Mary looks like...but you just do all that because that's what your church leaders tell you to do...in stalwart defiance of what God dictated. You haven't gone into the bible for yourself to let the holy spirit teach you, by himself, what is expected of you and things to avoid. For one of many examples... if you guys were truly in truth, marriage for priests would be a choice not a mandate to desist (1 Timothy 4:3). You hear the news everyday what that does to these men...

Whatever floats your boats sha, just know that there is a thin line between doing it right and doing it very very wrong with all these churches....and as the last days come to an end...that line gets ever thinner.

As a christian, your paramount concern is not religion...but your personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit will tell you where you need to go when you detach your soul from religionism and yield only to His instruction.
Those who rely on "church crowd", "My pastor/pope says so", etc in these last days will be gravely disappointed when what's coming hits us.
Jesus himself warned of this.
We will have no-one to blame because our pastor cannot answer for us when that day gets real.
So we owe it to ourselves to strip our religious egos/titles/relationships from all this, seek truth SOLO from God's word, and then apply anew as if we knew nothing before.

Was Jesus not on earth?
Was Mary not in earth?
Did they live in isolation?
Are you telling me they had no friends and acquaintances that could give a vivid discription of what they look like?
This is the ignorance we are talking about!
Didn’t the same God instrust Moses to fashion a bronze serpent for the Isrealites to gaze upon after the snake attack.. Has God changed?
You claim to be Christocentric yet you worship in a church other than the institution he himself handed over to Peter who coincidentally was the 1st Pope.
2000+ years Vs 50+ years.. Seriously??
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2018
jesmond3945:
you're absolutely right...good thinking
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 15, 2018
apollo13:
Dear Op, iam a catholic and a married a muslim, but nom, we both attend my church and she's more religious than me, it is all about understanding each other. But let me be frank with you, you guys should have talked about it from the very beginning of the relationship. If she is not ready to attend your church, then where is the love?
Ehn!! shocked oga how you take do am?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by IRIEBOY(m): 7:14am On Sep 15, 2018
Bidobado1:

It was sarcasm.
But how could you guys allow an ordinary building with name tags and silly regalia impact so much on the future of you two. Your love for each other and belief in God is enough.. Why are you two acting as if it's a merseyside derby.
Nice one bro..
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by IRIEBOY(m): 7:16am On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.
Gbam.. I just tire for em.. I can marry any religion as long as the person has good morals.. religion my ass. with all their so called spirituality the country is still in dip mess..

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by yvelchstores(f): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2018
spiceadole:
Let her go.
4 years of chopping free kpekus.. Take that as your consolation and move on

You are a man.
Men do not hang on too long and too much to one lady.
They always have choices/options.
Are they no single Catholic sisters in your church or neighbourhood?

see the rubbish u just wrote and u are a woman.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2018
Janthony:
Why comment on what you don't know much about
everybody knows this! Duh �

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by donnie(m): 7:22am On Sep 15, 2018
@aragon4realz

As a born again Christian, what business has she entering into a relationship with you in the first place and now causing unnecessary strain?

Please leave her alone and look for a Catholic girl.

Good thing you didn't decide to pretend to have converted and later change after marriage. That's what many of these foolish Christian girls get at the end. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2018
IRIEBOY:
Nice one bro..

Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2018
iambabaG:

Was Jesus not on earth?
Was Mary not in earth?
Did they live in isolation?
Are you telling me they had no friends and acquaintances that could give a vivid discription of what they look like?
This is the ignorance we are talking about!
Didn’t the same God instrust Moses to fashion a bronze serpent for the Isrealites to gaze upon after the snake attack.. Has God changed?
You claim to be Christocentric yet you worship in a church other than the institution he himself handed over to Peter who coincidentally was the 1st Pope.
2000+ years Vs 50+ years.. Seriously??
if u don’t understand his point, then u r dumb dumb.. salvation is personal, it’s simple. Pope pope I guess u heard the rape scandal... peter isn’t God so can mistake.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by budusky05(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2018
OP check very well it might be her parents that are behind it,
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by joel7(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2018
To my own myopic point of view I think the girl need more enlightenment and orientation on Catholicism. That means the girl view on Catholicism is tantamount to paganism or should we call catholic non Christians.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nnemuka(f): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
really?? U Catholics r worshiping idols. N I worship God n not any pastors, I only respect my pastor n listen to some of his advice

Yes you worship man and your pastors. Some of your pastors worship mammon and not God. Explain why every of your preaching is about prosperity, seed sowing and tithes?

Catholic church existed before the so-called new generation churches. The early missionaries were Catholics who brought everything free of charge to us in Africa but what do we have today? You can never find a Protestant church in a poor settlement. They do not go where they can't make money and brain was her indigenes...

My dear we do not worship mammon like you people do, we worship God.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by olowo1930: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2018
if she loves you, she can't have any rift, but compromising is burnt to happen, wasting time , life, money and intimacy, the longer the courtship the lower the interest, both should be part for future problems
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Amberon: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2018
NL is not your forum, even the owner of this form gets mentioned. Get your facts and stop spreading thrash as news. The conflict in Ireland is not religious but political.
zolajpower:

Lemme put dis question to u, if the Muslims are killing them selves do u advice that Catholics and Protestant should do same ? Besides ,why are Christians called the light of d world?
You talk about killing have not u heard about the killings in northern Ireland some years ago between the Catholics and Protestant ? A bloody crises. In as much as i know religion as caused more harm than repair throughout the whole world.

........guy i beg i am entitled to my own opinion so why petching on my mention like a toilet fly

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Of Oyinbo Man And His Edo Bride (Photos) / Man Finds A Wife For His Brother On Twitter, And They Are Set To Wed! / Bride Stands On A Bench While Dancing With Tall Groom On Their Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.