Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (49386 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Meet Agnes Mba, A 9-year-old Ghanaian Girl Who Crawls To School Every Day / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Willie2015: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

NOUN is useless. They just come, give you books to read and thats all. No tutoring nothing

Wrong statement.

University of London also have something similar to NOUN. Give you books to read with some assignments and face their exams.
It is tough. Heriott Watt also have something close to this format too... also damn tough too.

U have to read those books and understand, there is no short cut !!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Quality20(m): 7:58am On Sep 14, 2018
KechBee:

Na your papa get the school? Go and register to do the online MBA make you know how far........shithole school in a shithole country���
There is nothing like manual registration in ABU pls. we graduated in 2006 and from 100 level to final year we never did manual

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Jaqenhghar: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2018
Willie2015:

Wrong statement.

University of London also have something similar to NOUN. Give you books to read with some assignments and face their exams.
It is tough. Heriott Watt also have something close to this format too... also damn tough too.

U have to read those books and understand, there is no short cut !!!!

You are talking of London. Im talking of this shithole.
You said its close which means at least you getto relate with your instructor somehow.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by DaddyNimo(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2018
icogb:
Pls wats Canada EE?
express entry for PR
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by DaddyNimo(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2018
Sheggy13:

How much to process Canada EE on average, and the requirements? Thanks.
patapata....250k
search Canada ee on niaraland
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by truthfulmallam(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2018
I am in the same program, some of your complaints are bogus...
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Ssalk: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2018
Unicaf scholarship who have eased your pain.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by icogb: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2018
DaddyNimo:

express entry for PR
Ok... Thank you bt I'ld lyk to knw wot d PR is too.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Rufaisalihu: 9:01am On Sep 14, 2018
Life is a teacher, the more you live the more you learn.Next time if you want to engage in something make a thorough investigation about it please.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Juliearth(f): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2018
nams77:

But noun offered courses seem to be limited

That, I am not sure of.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by barnaby04(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2018
This information is an eye opener for me because I'm currently contemplating enrolling for the programme before the deadline. With this now, I would rather wait and see how things improves before committing myself fully.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Amica26: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2018
I am currently in my final semester of the programme and I am sorry but I do not agree with you a hundred percent fam. Of course there will be a few hitches but I do not regret joining the programme. It is actually the best decision I have made with regards to schools so far.

5 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by nams77: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2018
Juliearth:

That, I am not sure of.
For someone like me, I want to go for environmental quality mgt, don't think noun runs that
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Juliearth(f): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2018
nams77:

For someone like me, I want to go for environmental quality mgt, don't think noun runs that

Your best bet is to check their website.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by elbulk(m): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2018
Ak47young:

From 2012 to 2017 that I schooled there, I never did registration manually. Y'all wanna just tarnish ABU here.

Oga you went to university just yesterday and you are shouting. When dod universities start doing electronic registration. Won't it be logical to ask when she attended ABU? When some of us started university you had to sign files manually and this was nationwide.
Ask questions, that could help in life

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by zubis05: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2018
Some valid points but it’s not as bad as you paint it. ABU definitely have to improve on some of the areas you pointed out. For me I do not regret enrolling in the program. It’s flexibility has allowed me to school and work at the same time.
A robust and detailed reply from ABU will go a long way
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by janco: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2018
You hve a right to sue for damages and time waste
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by adanny01(m): 9:59am On Sep 14, 2018
olulogbemileke:
Certainly a dubious institution. I talked my wife into starting the ABU online MBA program believing it was an economical program based on the tuition, outline and program structure I saw on their website. They not only have increased the number of courses but also increase the fee per course for electives.
I checked all their courses handouts, they are full of punishable PLAGIARISM. An institution that cannot do it's own research but wants to make all the money.[color=#990000][/color]

Your red paragraph is out of order.

Plagiarism is stealing and publishing someone's publication.

What is taught in class is not plagiarism nor what is captured in a curriculum. A school curriculum is not a publication so doesnot qualify to be plagiarism.

Schools do not teach only their own research while most textbooks are not individual researches.

You obviously need to know what is really taught in schools, no offense intended.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by olo2gbenga(m): 10:40am On Sep 14, 2018
MrTed:
Hi MrTed, I'm interested in the university in question. Just yesternight, a banker introduced me to this ABUDLC and I was skeptical. Thank God I checked NL today to see the complaints from people who're currently doing on the ABUDLC track. Kindly introduce me to the European one abeg! Would be waiting to read from you.

Here's a list of the MBA AVAILABLE
1. MBA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2.MBA MANAGEMENT
3.MBA OIL AND GAS MANAGEMENT
4. MBA FINANCE
5. MBA MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
6. MBA HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
7.MSC HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
8. MSC WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
9. MSC MANAGERIAL PSYCHOLOGY
10. MPA PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
11. MA EDUCATION
12. LLM - MASTERS OF LAW

Which of them are you interested in? I'll guide you based on your choice
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Allylic(f): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2018
ekolina:
ABU stopped doing manual registration since 2007 madam
I'm sure you don't know the meaning of manual registration that I'm talking about..lemme explain before ABU sycophants eat me raw..please read it slowly and try to digest what I am about to write.
You register the courses online(sometimes,the course code don't match with the course title).After registering,you will print out your course form and start running around to go and sign it..
Tell me if that's not manual registration.
If you want to learn more about online registration,go to OAU and learn more..Mind you,I'm a postgraduate student presently at ABU..

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Duru009(m): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2018
Humility017:

awwwww....thanks
I took the MBA form two years ago...but later dropped it
will retake it again come next year and see how much progress I will make from it.
which sector do you work....if it is private...is it the banking sector?

Oil and Gas (Private)
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by morningsta(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2018
Bsmartt:
@OP I know you will scale through this difficult hurdle. This is the reason why I am yet to apply for M.Sc. program in any Nigeria University. They are almost the same.

I will advise you round off your program because of the investment you've thus far. I which all the best bro.

Not all Nigerian universities please. While I can relate to OP's frustations becuase I did my undergraduate at ABU, I can tell you for free that Unilag is totally different. I did my masters at Unilag and it was a totally different experience for me. UniLag is a process driven institution. The fees may not be very affordable, but you can be sure they wont tell you stories. No arbitrary changes or unplanned hike/charges.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by onaf: 10:58am On Sep 14, 2018
[color=#000099]It is important to add my opinion to the comment on ABU online MBA ,that is not a scam.

I am one of the pioneer students,already in the last examinable semester scheduled for Dec 2018 .
I joined the MBA programme in October 2016.The school fees for pioneer student was #350,000 with addition of media pad and other fee ,which bring it to a total of #435,000.Yes this fee was essentially for promo,just to attract student.

The fact that it is a online MBA that does not require physical class activity was a major attraction for me.ABU DLC has lived up to my expectation in the following areas.

1.Online course registration ,allocation of Etutor and whattsapp weekly interaction with other student.

2.Submission of assignment,group work and online interactive forum.

3.Regular interaction with the programme Director at the beginning of each semester; this actually started in 2017.

4.General online /WhatsApp interaction with other student,which give us the opportunity to table our complains to the management of the school.I can tell you we have appointed representative that table unresolved issue and challenges faced by fellow student to the programme Coordinator.

5.Course material are freely downloaded on the LMS for easy access by the student.You don't need to buy any course material except you new the hard copy of the lecture material.

6.Examination now both theory and CBT although this was not the original plan.We started with just 60% CBT and 40% CA,but we understand how NUC stopped this.

On the issue of fee increase this is true for new intake I believe from 2017.Now student pay per courses taken for each semester.

But it important to note that the management of ABU DLC has continue to evolve and bring about continuous improvement in service delivery .OPs I encourage you to write directly to the Director on some of the issues you have raised .

You can also take advantage of this Saturday 15th September Facebook interaction with him.I also encourage you to organise your colleague in the sane batch and arrange a physical meeting with the management team.I am convince you get positive result.

To the management ABU DLC ,I know you want to make drastic changes in the courses module but you have a regulator NUC.
I suggest two or more similar course should be merged into one in order to reduce the no of course and amount being paid by current MBA students.

It is also important that low performing ETutor should be wield out to bring about credibility and quality service delivery to the student ,who are the major stakeholder.

It is important to state that online programme in Nigeria has come to stay.The fees may be high now,but I believe once other top class Nigeria university come into the market.Then competition will bring down the cost and quality of service delivery will be enhanced.

I am proud to be associated with ABU Online MBA and will recommend it to other.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Sylvester86: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2018
Sorry for the unwanted stress you went through. I did my M.sc Program there, the fact is ABU MBA program is focus toward milking the working class students. There is no remedy because ABU is the only school where Postgraduate students don't have a say concerning anything and everything. My own opinion is getting to finish line is closer than going back. You should have abandon the program when you discovered that they were inconsistence.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by perfectgen(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2018
truthfulmallam:
I am in the same program, some of your complaints are bogus...

Thank you for your reply but if I may ask, which of the complaint is bogus? Is it the main complaint on fees that is almost 800k already and yet to be completed or change of course structure, increase in number of courses or that I am finding it hard to see the practicality of the MBA; practical orientation and knowledge of technicality in chosen specialization is surely absent.
If I may ask, how much have you paid since you started this program and how much were you expecting to pay, then we can decide if my complaint is bogus.
By the way, my main complaint is in the fees so if you can be kind enough to give me a scholarship for all remaining fees, then I may stop crying about dropping out but if I am still expected to be the one paying the increasing fees, don't call my complaint bogus.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by dadabashua1(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
That school is one big calamity. I am an alumni so I should know what I speak of. At some point I suffered PTSD from my experiences there. I swore never to go back as a student there. To enter na wahala to comot sef na wahala
hahahahahaha
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by waveman2: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2018
UNICAF

MrTed:

Here's a list of the MBA AVAILABLE
1. MBA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2.MBA MANAGEMENT
3.MBA OIL AND GAS MANAGEMENT
4. MBA FINANCE
5. MBA MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
6. MBA HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
7.MSC HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
8. MSC WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
9. MSC MANAGERIAL PSYCHOLOGY
10. MPA PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
11. MA EDUCATION
12. LLM - MASTERS OF LAW

Which of them are you interested in? I'll guide you based on your choice

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by wanney: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2018
I'm a current student as well and i completely agree with the OP,
-Outstanding fees keeps popping up, the cost is more than expected.wondering why they didn't capture all this in their brochure.
-Repeat of similar content in courses.
-Giving you an e tutor for six courses,Imagine when he grades all your assignment in the courses almost the same way,You start wondering if he read through or just gave you a flat score all through.
-An average of eight courses per semester is too much
ABU needs to address all this issues please

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by perfectgen(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2018
onaf:
[color=#000099]It is important to add my opinion to the comment on ABU online MBA ,that is not a scam.

I am one of the pioneer students,already in the last examinable semester scheduled for Dec 2018 .
I joined the MBA programme in October 2016.The school fees for pioneer student was #350,000 with addition of media pad and other fee ,which bring it to a total of #435,000.Yes this fee was essentially for promo,just to attract student.

The fact that it is a online MBA that does not require physical class activity was a major attraction for me.ABU DLC has lived up to my expectation in the following areas.

1.Online course registration ,allocation of Etutor and whattsapp weekly interaction with other student.

2.Submission of assignment,group work and online interactive forum.

3.Regular interaction with the programme Director at the beginning of each semester; this actually started in 2017.

4.General online /WhatsApp interaction with other student,which give us the opportunity to table our complains to the management of the school.I can tell you we have appointed representative that table unresolved issue and challenges faced by fellow student to the programme Coordinator.

5.Course material are freely downloaded on the LMS for easy access by the student.You don't need to buy any course material except you new the hard copy of the lecture material.

6.Examination now both theory and CBT although this was not the original plan.We started with just 60% CBT and 40% CA,but we understand how NUC stopped this.

On the issue of fee increase this is true for new intake I believe from 2017.Now student pay per courses taken for each semester.

But it important to note that the management of ABU DLC has continue to evolve and bring about continuous improvement in service delivery .OPs I encourage you to write directly to the Director on some of the issues you have raised .

You can also take advantage of this Saturday 15th September Facebook interaction with him.I also encourage you to organise your colleague in the sane batch and arrange a physical meeting with the management team.I am convince you get positive result.

To the management ABU DLC ,I know you want to make drastic changes in the courses module but you have a regulator NUC.
I suggest two or more similar course should be merged into one in order to reduce the no of course and amount being paid by current MBA students.

It is also important that low performing ETutor should be wield out to bring about credibility and quality service delivery to the student ,who are the major stakeholder.

It is important to state that online programme in Nigeria has come to stay.The fees may be high now,but I believe once other top class Nigeria university come into the market.Then competition will bring down the cost and quality of service delivery will be enhanced.

I am proud to be associated with ABU Online MBA and will recommend it to other.

Thank you.

Thanks for your robust reply but from what you wrote, you paid 435k and still got a pad because you are the promo student so your fees didn't increase. If I was made to believe I will pay about 600k to finish the program and I have spent almost 800k without buying any tab and not yet done, don't you think I have a point.
Recall that I am just one set behind you and surely paying more than double your fees while just one session behind.
You mentioned contacting the coordinator, I have done that and even though I received a message about the facebook meeting. ABU DLC management has been silent on issues of extension of this semester payment which closes tomorrow. If I didn't make the payment yesterday, I may end up having to pay extra 10k for late registration and if I don't pay before the first module is delivered, what are my chances with this new single delivery structure.
Note that I will also have don't no issues with the program if I were in your set and that was the basis for some of us who started the program. It is understandable but I bet if you were in my batch and having to put paying your kids school fees on hold for the first time to ensure you can pay for a school fees you have little say on and to avoid missing the module, you will be complaining like me.
Thank you one more time but be truthful to yourself, if you were me, will you be saying what you are saying?

4 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by nickmanuel: 11:40am On Sep 14, 2018
I found this write up about ABU MBA online programme misleading. I am also a student of ABU studying my MBA through this online programme, Lagos center to be precise. I don't remember paying up to 800k as claimed. The total amount I paid for the programme is under 550k with my learning device inclusive. I'm a pioneer member of this first online MBA programme by any Nigeria higher institution. Being the first institution to have started an online MBA programme in Nigeria, I really did not expect 100% perfection but I can rate this programme so far well over 80%. The goodnews is that ABU keeps improving on this programme and we could see improvement in each semester. By the grace of God, I am writing my final project hoping to graduate this coming November.
The major reason why some of my colleagues have been complaining bitterly against this programme was when the school changed the examination method from 100% CBT to include theory which didn't go down well with some of my colleagues. Of course, the school clearly explained to every student that it was a directive from NUC not ABU. For this reason, some students pulled out from this programme thus they have been complaining.
Additional payment was meant for students with carry over in one course or the other and late registration I believe attracts some certain fine but this was not general but for the affected students only.

To the complainer, please let us not over exaggerate issues and put up a write up that will only build and not destroy great work. For your information, because ABU has successfully pioneered this programme, other schools in Nigeria are starting up their online MBA programmes shortly.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Naija2mumu(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2018
breme:

I honestly regret putting my money in this. I should have just done an international online masters programme.
sorry bro. Shit happens. Just move on
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made by Naija2mumu(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2018
nickmanuel:
I found this write up about ABU MBA online programme misleading. I am also a student of ABU studying my MBA through this online programme, Lagos center to be precise. I don't remember paying up to 800k as claimed. The total amount I paid for the programme is under 550k with my learning device inclusive. I'm a pioneer member of this first online MBA programme by any Nigeria higher institution. Being the first institution to have started an online MBA programme in Nigeria, I really did not expect 100% perfection but I can rate this programme so far well over 80%. The goodnews is that ABU keeps improving on this programme and we could see improvement in each semester. By the grace of God, I am writing my final project hoping to graduate this coming November.
The major reason why some of my colleagues have been complaining bitterly against this programme was when the school changed the examination method from 100% CBT to include theory which didn't go down well with some of my colleagues. Of course, the school clearly explained to every student that it was a directive from NUC not ABU. For this reason, some students pulled out from this programme thus they have been complaining.
Additional payment was meant for students with carry over in one course or the other and late registration I believe attracts some certain fine but this was not general but for the affected students only.

To the complainer, please let us not over exaggerate issues and put up a write up that will only build and not destroy great work. For your information, because ABU has successfully pioneered this programme, other schools in Nigeria are starting up their online MBA programmes shortly.
You created this moniker to clear the air. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Retrieve A Lost NECO Reg. Number / DIRECT ENTRY 2016/2017 LASU( Lagos State University) / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.