Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

I'm Not Abe's Headache, He Should Go Back Home & Find Solution To His Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Abe's Headache, He Should Go Back Home & Find Solution To His Problem (666 Views)

I’ll Find Solution To Oil, Gas Challenges, Says Tinubu / Is It Your Headache? - Tinubu Reacts To Bullion Van In His House (photos, Video / Atiku: I Have No Problem With Obasanjo, If He Has Problem With Me, His Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Abe's Headache, He Should Go Back Home & Find Solution To His Problem by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
The senator representing Rivers East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Andrew Uchendu, has advised his Rivers South-East counterpart, Senator Magnus Abe, to go back home and find a solution to his political problem.

Uchendu, Acting Chairman, Senate Committee on Public Procurement, gave this advise yesterday in Abuja while reacting to a statement by Abe, that he (Uchendu) reneged on his promise to spend only one term in the Senate.

He said: "I understand that my good friend, Senator Magnus Abe, made some remarks concerning me over the radio. It is regrettable and sad.

"I think Abe is getting too desperate with his ambition. In the pursuit of his ambition which he is entitled to, he must learn not to be quarrelsome.

"As a candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 election in Rivers East Senatorial District, I pledged that I will run for only one term. One term is made up of four years.

"Nigerians know that I never went into the Senate until the latter part of 2017. I do not know whether one year and six months in Abe's own arithmetic is four years?

"I have always maintained that if my party says that I should run, I will run, and If they say that I should stop, I will stop. Mine is not a do or die thing. I have always been a team player and an establishment person. I obey the rules.

"In the spirit of equity, my party has asked me to run again and I am running in due obedience to my party because one term in the Nigerian Constitution is four years.

"I was drafted into politics by Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organization in 1994, and ever since, my party has consistently asked me to run various elections. My party always tells me to run because it believes that I am a credible candidate that can win elections. Election is about winning."

The federal lawmaker said Abe's political problem started in his home-town because he was not in touch with his people.

"I am not Abe's headache. His headache lies in his home-town. His people alleged that he is an ingrate and a serial betrayer.

"He should find out why he was stoned in his own home-town during the anniversary of Ken Saro-Wiwa's execution. Why was he stoned by his own people? That is a very serious matter.

"Abe should look for the solution to his problem somewhere else because Andrew Uchendu is not his headache. He should find out what is going on in his home-town.

"When Abe met me sometime in 2014 to advice him on his governorship ambition, which he has severally acknowleged, I told him to go back home and make peace with his people. I think something is wrong somewhere.

"I told him to build a solid home-base. He should start politics from his home-town. I started politics from my home-town, and I have built a solid home-base.

"His governorship ambition, which he is entitled to, seems to be driving him to desperation. Politics is a team thing but he decided not to be a team player. If that is his nature, I wish him luck," Uchendu said.

He noted that he has fulfilled the promise of effective representation which he made to his constituents before the 2015 election.

"I assured my people that if I get to the Senate that I will speak for them. I told them that I will be the voice of the voiceless and oppressed people, and I have been doing that consistently. Go and check my records. That is representation.

"George Sekibo was in the Senate for 10 good years, yet we never heard him say anything. He has ears, but people say that he never heard anything; he has eyes but he never saw anything; he has mouth but he never said anything. That is not representation.

"My people deserve nothing but effective representation, which is what I am giving to them. And that is why a huge number of them are asking me to run again," Uchendu declared.

Solomon Okocha
Media Aide to Senator Andrew Uchendu
Rivers East Senatorial District

September 12, 2018
Re: I'm Not Abe's Headache, He Should Go Back Home & Find Solution To His Problem by hardywaltz(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
I hope Pa Uchendu will retire this 2019 so that younger people can't vai for the Senate seat.
Thank you
Re: I'm Not Abe's Headache, He Should Go Back Home & Find Solution To His Problem by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nigerians know that I never went into the Senate until the latter part of 2017. I do not know whether one year and six months in Abe's own arithmetic is four years?

"I have always maintained that if my party says that I should run, I will run, and If they say that I should stop, I will stop. Mine is not a do or die thing. I have always been a team player and an establishment person. I obey the rules.

Baba don taste oil he no wan comot hand again grin
Re: I'm Not Abe's Headache, He Should Go Back Home & Find Solution To His Problem by xikaguvi: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
BE A VIDEO EDITING EXPERT. 100% PRACTICAL VIDEO EDITING TRAINING IN LAGOS

The Fundamentals of Video Editing using Adobe Premiere Pro equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary to produce quality videos, featurettes, films and television packages. Learn how to create slideshows, edit news stories, video montages as well as adding video effects. Impress your friends by producing professional videos to share via Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or start a career in Television and Film production!

DURATION: 5 WEEKS. FEES: N49,999 (N59,999 for IKOYI CENTER)

Why The ICT HUB?

 100% Training Practical
 Live Projects Implementation
 Small-sized training classes of between 6 - 15
 UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI
 Room with adequate lighting/acoustics.
 Structured time-table for trainees
 Professional Instructors with Real-time working VIDEO EDITING Experience
 Reliable Power supply training center facilities
 PLUS MUCH MORE!

(1) (Reply)

Only A PDP President Will Unite Nigeria - Goodluck Jonathan / I’ll Tackle Poverty, Insecurity, Says Saraki / Why Nigeria Should End The Special Relationship With Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.