Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

What Next? What Do I Do, Now That I Have Been Signed By A Modeling Agency! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Next? What Do I Do, Now That I Have Been Signed By A Modeling Agency! (271 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss / Join Today And Get A Modeling Job Easier (GOMODELS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Next? What Do I Do, Now That I Have Been Signed By A Modeling Agency! by careermodels7: 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
What Next? What Do I Do, Now That I Have Been Signed By A Modeling Agency!

This is where most models make mistakes. I’ve been signed by a modeling agency! Now what? Do I sit at home and wait for the phone to ring? My answer to that is Hell NO! You have to understand that some minutes after you left the modeling agency another pretty girl walked in and half an hour later another, and so on and so on. That process repeats itself day in and day out. How is an agency going to remember you with the constant stream of new models walking through their doors.

As if this weren’t bad enough, let’s say right after you leave the agency a client calls wanting a girl for a print ad. They want someone with your look and your age range. You are still fresh in the agent’s mind. In fact, your comp card may still be sitting on her desk. Chances are, unless you have a very unusual look that the particular client wants, you will not be called for the job even though you would be perfect for it. Why? The agency doesn’t know you. They aren’t going to take a chance on a big job with someone they have never booked before.

So what do you do?  You are now just one of many pretty faces, and the modeling agency doesn’t know you and therefore doesn’t trust you with higher paying jobs, like print jobs.

Don’t wait for them to call you – call them! In the beginning, you need to be... read full story with the link below �
https://www.bestcareermodels.com/2018/08/what-next-what-do-i-do-now-that-i-have.html

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Education In Preparing Young People’s / Live, Work And Create To Win / Internship Program At Federal Medical Centre, Owerri- Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.