Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara (471 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Announces That He Is Leaving APC / Don’t Crucify Ortom For Leaving APC, Says Soyinka / Why People Are Leaving APC – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by Limitednow: 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yakubu Dogara, Speaker of the House of Representative, has stated why he is considering leaving the All Progressive Congress, (APC).

Although Mr Dogara is yet to formally declare his exit from the ruling party, the APC has so far described him as one who is politically worthless and has no electoral value.

The speaker on Thursday said his constituents asked him to leave the APC.

Dogara said his constituents made the appeal when they presented a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nomination form they had bought for him.

“Earlier today, I was presented with the PDP @HouseNGR nomination form by my constituents,” the speaker said on his twitter handle.

“They urged me to relinquish membership of the ruling APC & stated reasons such as the blatant injustice and outright disregard for democratic principles being perpetrated within the party,” he said.

Dogara said he was asked to beg for the return ticket of the APC if he wish to return to the lower legislative chamber

“That there have been infractions isn’t news, but what I have kept from the public – until this moment – is that even while reconciliation efforts were on, I was told to beg for a ticket if I wished to return to the House of Representatives.

“Representing my people has been an honour & no one should have to suffer the indignity of begging before being allowed to exercise a constitutional right.

“I had even considered stepping aside as I’ve held this position for close to 12 years but as my constituents have asked that I seek re-election, then I must heed their call,” he said.

The lawmaker said he accepted the form but will not fill it until he had completed his consultation.

“I feel deeply honoured by this kind gesture; however, I will not fill this form until I have consulted with those supporters who remain in APC. I thank my people for their unwavering support so far, and remain unshaken in my belief that all power belongs to God.”

Dogara has long been expected to leave the APC like scores of federal lawmakers who were locked in bitter and prolonged political rivalry with their governors across the country.

More than 50 senators and representatives defected to opposition parties at the height of the wave in July, an exercise that proportionately benefited the PDP.

Senate President Bukola Saraki also defected at the time, a decision that seriously angered the APC and exposed him to impeachment and removal threats.

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/why-leaving-apc-dogara/

Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by Limitednow: 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by Limitednow: 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
grin
Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by Firgemachar: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dogara there is no going back.
APC has shut you out.
Buhari will rather please your governor.
Be a man and move on!
Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by micolaj: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
I think you know where you are going from the onset of the whole defection drama.

Needless to say, Mr Dogara has a political right to align with any political party of his choice.
Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by yerokunphilips: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
God will help you to do the right thing
Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by mrbaba18(m): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
Wise man u did d right tng
Re: Why I’m Considering Leaving APC – Dogara by Mynd44: 5:40am On Sep 14, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Rashidi Ladoja Reportedly Collapses, Rushed To Hospital / Osun Election: Why Adeleke Is Leading Oyetola – APC Chieftain, Chidike Ukauwa / Senator Ademola Adeleke, To Seek Redress In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.