Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,100 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:55 AM

Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu (11143 Views)

Herdsmen Attack Adijah In Ugbokpo, Apa LGA, Benue State, Residents Flee [VIDEO] / Suspected Herdsmen Hijack Benue Links Bus, Kill Passenger / Family Kidnap Young Woman, Force Her To Convert To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by OrientDailyNews: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2018
By Grace Ibekwe
The family of Gabriel Mma­du of Umunebo village, Ogbunka in Orumba South local government area of Anambra state is still counting its losses following their recent gruesome and near-death experience in the hands of kid­nappers suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.
Orient Weekend gathered that Mr. Mmadu, his wife and daughter, accompanied by his kinsman were, were ambushed by armed assailants at Amo­ji-Nike community in Enugu state when the family went to survey a parcel of land donated to the daughter as her wedding gift by the father.

According to the victim, the quartet was on their way to the land at the Nike community when six armed men stormed out from the bush, surrounded them and ordered them to lie down. Gabriel recalled the dra­matic moments the family was besieged: “Before I knew what was happening, I was hit with a gun on my head and I faint­ed. I later learnt that my broth­er was given a machete cut on his left hand side as he tried to escape from the gunmen”.

“It is still a shock to me. What I experienced that day was still giving me sleepless nights. In my over 70 years of life, I haven’t had such encoun­ter and I thank God that I did not die there”, he stressed.
It was gathered that shortly after their kinsman escaped with his machete cut wound, the assailants rounded off Mrs. Mmadu and her daugh­ter, dragging deeper into the bush to an unknown hideout. Mrs. Mmadu disclosed that she equally escaped from the clutches of the kidnappers because of her massive size. “I was a problem to them because it got to a point they got tired of dragging me along with my daughter, so they were forced to leave me at the middle of the bush and took my daugh­ter who could not free herself from their strong hands,” she narrated.

Mmadu who was abandoned at the scene of the siege, short­ly after he regained conscious­ness, tried to contact security agents to help him track the kidnappers and recover his loved ones. According to him, officials of Abakpa Nike Police Station that he contacted to help him out declined to help out.

“They told me that it was not their duty to go after terrorists like that and that I should go treat myself first before look­ing for a way to recover the kidnapped victims, as my body was already covered with blood.

Frustrated and dejected, Mmadu headed home where he later found his wife and kins­man, remaining his daughter in the hand of the terrorist.
Three days after the kidnap, the abductors contacted Mr Mmadu, demanding for a ran­som of N5 million in exchanges for his daughter. According to him, the kidnappers warned the family against getting the police involved in the negoti­ating for her release if they wanted to see her back alive. On hearing this, I called my daughter’s husband [the in-law] and other friends to help in raising some money after which they were able to come up with N1 million which we used to plead with the gunmen for the release of the daughter”, he said.

He further disclosed that the gunmen directed him where he will go and drop the money before releasing his daughter the following day.
Recounting her ordeal in the hands of the assailants, the victim who refused to disclose her name for security reasons, told this paper that she was not molested by her abductors. She said that she discovered they were Fulani herdsmen due to the language they spoke and their looks. According to her, “I found out that they were Fulani herdsmen during their conversation and I was able to understand their language be­cause we once lived in northern Nigeria.

It was because I was able to communicate with them and behave like I was one of them that made them pardon me without harm.”
Gabriel, who was still bitter about the incident, lamented that the people of that area were living in constant fear of attack and molestation from gunmen and Fulani men who terrorised the area. He added “I appealed to the state govern­ment and security agencies to beef up security.”

Efforts by Orient Weekend to get the reaction of the Enugu state police command on the kidnap incident, which some residents said had been a re­curring decimal in recent times, proved abortive. When Orient Weekend called the state public relations officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, he declared that he was attending an official programme in Abuja requesting for details of the matter to be sent to him. Text messages on details of the incident sent to his phone were not replied for over seven days.

However, some residents of the area, who spoke on the matter, stressed that kidnap in­cidents carried out by gunmen suspected to be Fulani herds­men had continued to generate fears in the area. “From all indication, it appears that the policemen are afraid of going after them and that makes it more difficult to deal with them for now as they operate as they wish”, a source disclosed.

Mr. Mmadu equally told Orient Weekend that his case was not isolated incident in the area. “We were not the first vic­tims of these kidnap incident. It happened to two different people before our own. That is why many people in the area are living in fear”, he said.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/enugu/suspected-herdsmen-attack-family-kidnap/

Lalasticlala
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by dimexy247(m): 6:11am On Sep 14, 2018
Ok
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by amaniro: 6:16am On Sep 14, 2018
Herdsmen are bad energies

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by iammo(m): 6:29am On Sep 14, 2018
cry undecided police claimed they can't do anything as it was not their duty to chase terrorist. the day people need the help/service of Nigerian police or doctors at government hospitals, that's when people might realise that they are helpless with this government

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by CTechHub(m): 6:31am On Sep 14, 2018
someone should apprehend this people
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Homeboiy: 6:51am On Sep 14, 2018
Nigerian police sef

The way Fulani people dey carry cow waka for udi side tire me
On my way from NsK to OSHA last week
Na so then carry cattle block road

Gburugburu no let this people do us strong thing o

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by donbachi(m): 7:31am On Sep 14, 2018
Ipob over to you guys
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Chizzyferd(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2018
Guys show me some love by subscribing to my YouTube channel to watch the latest nollywood movies even before they hit the market. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf97uxenD0L8jicoh_N5HfA
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Solidkay(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2018
God save us all

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Lomprico2: 11:31am On Sep 14, 2018
donbachi:
Ipob over to you guys

Shey ordinary sit at home whey dey on now, armoured tank full everywhere. If dem decide to fight this buhari brothers now, the lifeless one go go borrow nuclear bomb from china come bomb SE.

But all this will end soon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by afroniger: 11:31am On Sep 14, 2018
'Enugu is in the hands of god.'

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by mooremoney(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2018
THEY ARE BACK AGAIN ABI

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Sharpshooota: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2018
The army and police are more concerned about ipob that never hurt anyone than the murderous Fulani herdsmen parading the forests in search of victims...

Insecurity everywhere
The citizens might be pushed to pick up arms to defend themselves... Anarchy looms

Buhari legacies

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by seliyobim: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2018
THE OFFER IS STRICTLY FOR NGOs AND NOT-FOR PROFIT FOUNDATIONS/ORGANISATIONS!

Each non-profit organization exists for a certain purpose. Website visitors who are not familiar with the organization should be able to quickly get an idea of the purpose when visiting the site for the first time
With this, we provide solutions that can further help genuine NGOs put smiles on faces that truly need them

What You Get!

- Https://www.YourNGOWebsite.com SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
- 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
- Free Domain for 1 Year
- Beautiful Crafted NGO-focused Website with Solid SEO
- SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
- Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
- Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
- Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
- Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
- 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
- Unlimited Hosting Space

Let’s support you to continue to put smiles on faces....the Digital Way

for JUST N19,999!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Andhominem: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2018
Piggyyeasternrs under attack
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Righteousness89(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2018
If Pmb wins it might be a Full slaughtering in the East...

The behavior, Attitude and Actions of Pmb shows he is Either weak or Sympathetic to the Herdsmen brouhaha...

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Thebwoy: 11:40am On Sep 14, 2018
Congratulations to buhari for making it happen again

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by HYTREWRESDRWD: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2018
somebody should put a stop to these guys ooo

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Vivuch: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/enugu/suspected-herdsmen-attack-family-kidnap/

Lalasticlala
I don't think this was done by the herdsmen, the man should look into his family, someone amongst them plotted this, I know how Nike people and land tussle are like 5and 6. They should investigate their kinsmen. From the narration of the story I doubt this is the work of herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by slivertongue: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2018
Na dia trade mark. since dia broda climb power na so so kill dem dey kill bt govt no gree punish dem bt God pass dem

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Kronor(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2018
Those fulani are wicked

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Imyourex(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2018
madam check ur husband people because they already knew where u and ur family were heading to,they may not be happy that ur daughter will get a piece of land together wit tear rubber husband so leave herdsmen alone
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Benlight: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2018
When the President, AIG, DSS boss, COAS, and the powerful ones are your patrons and kinsmen, You are above the rule of law lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Kronor(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2018
Sure thing
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by goldfish80(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2018
It's unfortunate chief Mmadu (Ezeafulukwe) died last week after this traumatic experience. He was a family friend.
Nice man.
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2018
Andhominem:
Piggyyeasternrs under attack
You and your family might be next so don't laugh yet

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Baroba(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2018
The useless rotund governor Ugwuanyi will tell you Enugu is in the hands of God..

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by Kingjames(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2018
Daddy please don't do this, I thought you said am your daughter please! Please!! Please!!! Will you shut up or you want me to kill you he said and put a knife on my neck.
" I will cooperate please don't kill me I said and cover my mouth crying slowly as he was ripping my clothes, I keep praying for God to save me but I think he wasn't listening to me, I closed my eyes praying when I felt a sharp pain below my abdomen I screamed louder and he gave me a deafening slap which makes me unconscious and the only word that came out of my mouth was you are going to regret it I said and fade out.
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by akiOYIBO: 11:53am On Sep 14, 2018
Righteousness89:
If Pmb wins it might be a Full slaughtering in the East...

The behavior, Attitude and Actions of Pmb shows he is Either weak or Sympathetic to the Herdsmen brouhaha...
Any Easterner who by now still unable to read the handwriting on the wall is doomed. Winter is coming upon Easterners, and most of them haven't seen the need to rally behind KANU and IPOB.
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Attack Family, Kidnap Daughter In Enugu by 12345baba(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2018
Be like another fake news

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timothy Adegoke: Police Investigation Stalled / London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA / How They Tried To Dupe Me Through Recharge Card Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.