Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa (17223 Views)

Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant / Twitter Is On Fire This Morning Over Police’s Invitation Of Saraki / Photos Of Saraki Meeting With Wike, Ortom And Others In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by NaijaMutant(f): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2018
grin
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by obi4eze(m): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2018
Lie. Saraki is smarter than Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by islandmoon: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2018
itah giwa, I have another idea, Shut Up!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Awoo88: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2018
This man is a very big idiot
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by aku626(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2018
didn't need to read the whole lot, this statement is indicting he goes on to be sentimental. If Buhari knows Saraki is wrong then he should immediately sanction him without cutting corners but he hasn't probably because the president is a can of worms.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by nephemmy(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2018
seriously....that lifeless presido really..I don't think he's got the nerve to do anything..he's full of shit..and Mr what's ur name? just shut the f up..punkass
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2018
iammo:
Obasanjo got away with that because as at that time, National assembly was not fully autonomous. buhari had already tried all in his powers to get rid of saraki/dogara but to no avail.
You are a liar !
Buhari didn’t try shit . If he did …Saraki will be long gone

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Bodexman(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2018
gaby:
What's this cradle robbing sugar mummy spewing?

Has the hunger for recognition and appointment blinded her to the tribal bigot's shenanigans?

Enjoy my siggy

I can't remember any bill she sponsored.

They are all there for the money.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2018
This Ugly Greedy Olosho,still Get Mouth to talk,let her go n clear d air on d bakassi funds she looted

2 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by israelmao(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Not only is he intolerant but also one of weakest links in Nigerian political leadership chain with lifeless disposition.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by joenor(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2018
See as she look like old masquerade.

2 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Jmk9292(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2018
We have also been tolerant of Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by omooba969(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2018
iammo:
Obasanjo got away with that because as at that time, National assembly was not fully autonomous. buhari had already tried all in his powers to get rid of saraki/dogara but to no avail.

@bolded,

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by jaxxy(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2018
The 1st senate was the most Naive and Corrupt ever.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by mywells: 8:58am On Sep 14, 2018
There's a narrow way and a narrow gate which saraki would trail to clich the presidency seat, take it or leave it, Saraki is our next Jerry Rawlins of Ghana.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by ihatesycophant(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2018
Aufbauh:
All those Ipob comments above ehnn..... very shallow and as usual they hate the truth.

This woman is speaking from experience and the reality of our democratic practice. But naay some indolent yoots want to have a say.
It's never democratic practice but madness practice because no such issue existed our constitution. Senate or judiciary never an appendage of each other but a separate arm. One is not expected to muzzle the other for any reason. Each suppose to work base on the constitution and not one pressure the other.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by deebsman1(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2018
Buhari should once and for all cut his wings once just like Nnamdi Kanu and put the guy where he belongs
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by opribo(m): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2018
Indeed, she is right if an Ibo man like the names she mentioned were to be in Saraki's shoes long before now Bubu would have done away with him, but right now it is not easy because Saraki is not a pushover person.

They have tried all sorts using blackmail, siege attack at his home, armed robbery allegation, name smearing, impeachment threat and barricading of NASS building all to no avail now they are begging him to step down. Saraki is not Okadigbo or Enwerem that is what makes the difference otherwise this bubu have deployed all the same tactics plus more to remove him but failed woefully.

So madam Ita no need to use style by trying to use words to make bubu look like a democrat which he is definitely not, to lobby for attention. We know your ways.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2018
See Her D!Ck Suckin Lips

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by DaddyNimo(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2018
yns4real:
[i]Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, a former senior legislative aide to two former presidents states why The Presidency and t[b]he leadership of the National Assembly must bury the hatchet and adopt a process of cordial informal consultations
[/b][/i]
This type of crisis is nothing new to the senate. I recall that between 1999 and 2003 when I served in the senate that a similar situation existed, where a Senate President emerged without the endorsement or support of the ruling party leadership or Presidency. You will recall that the late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo took over the Senate Presidency after Evans Enwerem was removed against the wishes of the then President, so this Senate President is not the first to so emerge.

The difference between now and then is the disposition of our present President who has been, in my opinion, exhibiting a lot of maturity and patience because having worked for two Presidents as Presidential Legislative Special Adviser, I can authoritatively say that, this Senate President, considering the manner he emerged would not have lasted one year.

Personally, for supporting Okadigbo, I was removed as Senate Deputy Minority Leader. I was given accommodation in Apo Village at the end of the estate close to the thick forest with wild animals as my regular visitors. When I fenced the property, I was indicted for illegally erecting the fence and making senate pay for it without declaring pecuniary interest. All sorts of charges were levelled against me and at some point, I had like three cases in court. I suffered all these because I supported Okadigbo in the Impeachment of Enwerem.

The party is only now, and rightly so, insisting that the Senate President should step down now that he is in another party.

Whenever a Senate President emerges without the endorsement of the Presidency and the party leadership, this type of crisis is bound to occur. But both parties could have handled the situation better. Ordinarily, it is important for the Senate President and the President to be friends or at best be on cordial terms. Both parties have a duty to be cordial and work together for the good of the people. In my days as Special Adviser, we evolved a system of non-stop informal interactive sessions. From the time of policy formulation, we used to engage the legislators and keep them posted and engaged so that by the time the bill is drafted and laid on the table, the legislature is fully involved and the bills get passed fast.

Doing it this way engenders mutual trust and promotes co-operation without affecting the principles of separation of power between the executive and legislature.

We are at a point where both parties of necessity must reconsider their approach. Any leadership that emerges through personal alliances not linked to the party leadership will invariably be high-handed in its approach to administering the legislature, that notwithstanding it behoves such leadership to rise above base sentiments to exhibit maturity.

I pride myself for not being anyone’s apologist but this President has, in my opinion, either been indifferent to the circumstances that led to the emergence of Dr. Bukola Saraki as Senate President or he is an extremely tolerant person. I however choose to believe the latter because he even congratulated Saraki when the Supreme Court vindicated him.

What we are seeing now is that disagreement slows down the pace of government. The passage of bills is delayed and the people suffer unnecessarily. If the executive and legislature can adopt a process where cordial informal consultations are the order of the day, it will become a win-win situation for everyone including the populace. Democracy cannot thrive in an atmosphere of incessant disagreement, cordiality is paramount and must be sought by all means.

To achieve this, mutual respect and cordiality is the key. If the present leadership of the legislature and the executive revive my policy of nonstop informal interactive engagement, the era of purposeful governance and cordial relations will return to governance in Nigeria. I fervently pray that good conscience and love for country will prevail in the current situation between the executive and legislature.

I recall an incident during my days as a serving Senator. Our choice as Senate President, Dr. Chuba Okadigbo had taken over the mantle after we removed Evans Enwerem the then President’s favourite. Okadigbo was inundated with impeachment plots and series of intimidations engineered from outside the Senate. On one occasion, his official residence at Apo Villa was invaded by police men and under duress forced the Senate President to write and sign a bogus statement. When the news got to us- Senators who supported Okadigbo, we mobilised to the residence and successfully broke the siege and tore the bogus statement. For this, we were marked for serious retribution. When they finally impeached Okadigbo, I as a supporter, was removed as Deputy Minority Leader and indicted on trumped up charges. When I hear people say Mr. President has been overbearing in this current crisis, I laugh. Compared to what we went through with Okadigbo, this is a tea party. In fact, I think this President should be commended for displaying incredible restraint in the face of legislative provocation.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/14/buhari-has-been-very-tolerant-of-saraki/?amp
see her "come lemme fork you" eyes...head mama in charge rich milf association of Nigeria
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by bluecircle470: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2018
iammo:

If it was to be obj, i bet saraki won’t last 2month
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by roscoleefad: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2018
This old fool looking for appointment now want to mortgage our future GOD will not get u there madam hungry woman
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by grammys: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2018
Atiku pledges to open national economy to generate income, employment

source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/4670/atiku-pledges-to-open-national-economy-to-generate-income-employment#latest

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Thursday said he would open Nigeria’s economy to foreign investments to generate income and employment if given the mandate to rule in 2019.

Abubakar, who is one of the presidential aspirants on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, disclosed this while addressing the Kogi State leadership of the party and delegates at the party’s secretariat in Lokoja.

The former Vice President said he would open up the economy to attract foreign investors and turn the nation’s economy around to generate incomes and employment.

He said: “I will diversify the economy, open it up to provide safety for local and foreign investors.”

The presidential aspirant urged the National Assembly to act fast and ensure the use of card reader in the 2019 General Elections to ensure free and fair election.

He expressed confidence that the National Assembly would do the right thing by including it in the electoral law.

On insinuations of frosty relationship between him and his former boss, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, Abubakar said there was no serious rift between them.

He said people magnified little things to suite their interest.

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by KingRagnar: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2018
He sure is, for he did and said especially while still a member of APC was enough to get him sanctioned but still PMB gave him a blind eyes and all the room he needed to display his ignoble acts. He is a very tolerant president
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by gladisa7: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2018
Bloodee Chidi Muokeme kock-xsucker!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Softness147: 11:22am On Sep 14, 2018
When will this Ashawo die like her husband?.Dont allow Babangida to remember ur family again.Lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by iammo(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2018
bluecircle470:

If it was to be obj, i bet saraki won’t last 2month

and I bet you obasanjo wouldn't be selfishly uncompromising and an hypocrite like buhari. while senators earn N14m running cost, Mr integrity's chief of staff earns #200m
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by PassingShot(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
magoo10:
the worst thing you can do yourself is self deceit by glorifying a dumb dullard who has no intellectual capacity.Saraki is too intelligent for buhari and he will continue to congratulate him#fact

The last unintelligent move staged by the dullards saw him loosing daura of DSS and the fact that buhari have not had his way with saraki shows how unpopular the cattle rearer is. Forget all the propaganda your masters feed you with
You’re really frustrated by PMB. Your heart attack is doing press up in the gym.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by Igwekaala(m): 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2018
The way our politicians talk eh, you begin to wonder If we are still practicing democracy.
Re: 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa by magoo10(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
PassingShot:

[s]You’re really frustrated by PMB. Your heart attack is doing press up in the gym.[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minister Of Information, Governors Now Speaking For Terrorists – Aisha Yesufu / Bill To Back States To Collect VAT, Control Resources Underway In House Of Rep / Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Say ‘Obidients’ Are Zombies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.