Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team (15532 Views)

Surulere Bye-election: Otti To Lead 30-man Campaign Team For LP / Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by yemex04(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2018
Islie:

I still don't understand why this keeps making headlines as if it's a big deal in a democracy..when did it become an abnormally for an incumbent to be challenged by other aspirants within his party if they feel they can do better? for me, this is not an issue provided the process is transparent & there's a level playing ground for all..I personally feel Ambode is not doing badly in Lagos,but that doesn't me others can't do better!..2nd term is certainly not an exclusive right of the incumbent even within the party.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/sanwo-olu-sets-up-21-man-campaign-team/

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by Realdeals(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2018
I have heard these from different sources

Among the charges levelled against Ambode included aloofness from the party and his deliberate refusal to service the political structure as erected by Tinubu.

“As a major stakeholder I could call Asiwaju as governor, I could approach Fashola, and if I sent him a text he would reply, but Ambode I don’t have his number, and he is unapproachable.”

Another source said, “yes it could be true that Asiwaju has his issues with him, but I can tell you that Ambode’s problem is with the party. If Asiwaju can manage him, definitely we cannot manage him,” another source said yesterday.

Vanguard gathered yesterday that on account of the austere disposal of the governor towards his commissioners that some members of the cabinet who had seen their time in the cabinet as not profitable were planning to exit to contest for state and National Assembly elections.

“You can see that staying in the cabinet is not a guarantee for emotional or material stability. Tinubu never dissolved his cabinet, Fashola did his commissioners well, but it is not so with our oga.

“I can tell you that up to eight members of the cabinet are preparing to leave the cabinet for other political aspirations,” a member of the state’s cabinet revealed yesterday.
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2018
I just passed St Nicholas, the man has started his campaign. I'm sure they don't want Ambode again.

I feel the Yoruba's are the originator of their problem, saw so many hungry things both old and young dancing and rejoicing. They sell their destiny for peanuts and suffer for 4 years.

The Yoruba's need to wise up, no one would liberate them
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by Btruth: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2018
I smell the end coming for Tinubu. "Won bi Tinubu ree, ko maa fun Ambode nii ticket eko" (they no born Tinubu well, make him no give Ambode the Lagos state ticket).

1 Like

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by ayoade2: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2018
Sanwoolu is just a pawn in this political game. Tinubu is just raising political dust to maintain his relevance as the power that be in Lagos.

Ambode will settle with him and sentence himself as tinubu poppet. Sanwoolu is being played for 2023...also to continue to as a poppet to Tinubu dynasty. It's all power play.

2 Likes

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by famology(m): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2018
Exactly what obaseki is doing in Edo. I hope he's learning from the travails of Ambode. If you fail to carry party members /leaders along,you may get ambushed.
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by Myself2(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2018
lirusehn:
Let's know which of the political parties has the highest members on nairaland.

Like for PDP, share for PDP.

No room for APshit miscreants.

Those urchins are the scum and dregs of society, I spit on them
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by ajebuter(f): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad Ambode nor try @all. u can't compare Fashola street sweepers /lawma to these visionscape sweepers..Where are Lagos road maintenance agency? Ambode is busy doing Fashola FG job while neglected inner road..I pity the peeps living around Magoro,cement,Dopemu,Egbeda,Iyana ipaja to Abule Egba..They have thick skin

You just expressed my major grudge against Ambode

Under fashola, Lagos was neater and you could find Highway Managers and Sweepers on every highway and Lawma was so effective.

Now, Lagos is competing with Yemen and Karachi in terms of dirt and filthiness

In my hood in Palmgrove, we have resorted to using abokiii garbage collectors in disposing garbage.

So uncosmopolitan for a state like Lasgidi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by maxibee123(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2018
Am sure tinubu is aware of what sanwo-olu is doing...
Everybody that this guy has been picking from deput-speaker to local government chairmen ambode's camp should negotiate very well with tinubu's camp very well and be smart enough not to become a slave to them
My piece
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by 12345baba(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2018
Otedollar for the money o
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by millhouse: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad Ambode nor try @all. u can't compare Fashola street sweepers /lawma to these visionscape sweepers..Where are Lagos road maintenance agency? Ambode is busy doing Fashola FG job while neglected inner road..I pity the peeps living around Magoro,cement,Dopemu,Egbeda,Iyana ipaja to Abule Egba..They have thick skin
I swear , going about humongous projects like d one in oshodi that wount impact directly on human lives . I recall fashola coming to festac in the dead of the night to inspect the inner roads there just to keep the LG chairmen on their toes also &holding town hall meeting every 100 days in office to show case his mile stone achievements to all to score him. Even going the extra length publishing the then “Lagos state indicator magazine “ show casing his developments. Those were the little but very impactful steps fashola took them so when he had friction with this same mandate group & tinubu for his second term ticket they knew they couldn’t push him aside as he had bought the hearts of lagosians . But Same can’t be said of Ambode . He wasn’t felt by the masses at all .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by seunmsg(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2018

“As a major stakeholder I could call Asiwaju as governor, I could approach Fashola, and if I sent him a text he would reply, but Ambode I don’t have his number, and he is unapproachable.”

Another source said, “yes it could be true that Asiwaju has his issues with him, but I can tell you that Ambode’s problem is with the party. If Asiwaju can manage him, definitely we cannot manage him,” another source said yesterday.

The above succinctly captured the problem in Lagos APC. Ambode's problem is beyond Tinubu. Party leaders with the backing of Aregbesola are the ones hell bent on removing him. I just hope Tinubu will find a way to pacify them.

Ordinary party folks where the beneficiaries of the Lawma waste management arrangement but dude came in and ended it. He brought in a useless visionscape that failed in all ramifications to manage waste and service disgruntled party members. Now is pay back them.
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 14, 2018
lirusehn:

Is this how to do online pool
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by BestDude: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2018
Homeboiy:
Lagos in trouble
could this be a repercussion of what Ambode and his wife did for sacking of that reverend father or what is he called again? I mean last year or so?
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by mikeweezy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
lirusehn:

hahahahahaha your own form of rigging will be bad than APC own

1 Like

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by KingRagnar: 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Sanwo-olu, winning a governorship election is not in your nearest future, setting up a campaign team is a waste of time, money, efforts and resources. You cannot defeat Ambode

1 Like

Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Whalewale:
The fight for Lagos is getting intense within the party and with opposing parties.

But honestly, who wouldn't want this so called "god-fatherism" in APC-Lagos saga to end? Putting an end to the saga seems to be a more greater objective than having a so called preferred candidate emerge as winner.

Does anyone know if Jimmy Agbaje is making a come back?

Don't even call that weakling into this, I bet PDP won't bother giving him such a sensitive post anymore.
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by cbngov01(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
Tinubus wife is for him, tinubu is against him....im for ambo! Till 2023
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by FestusIrohigbe: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
shocked
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by deomelo: 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
geometricaxis:

Ambode is finished.../never should have been governor

Correct.

The man is just too incompetent, too petty and vindictive
Re: Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team by Ajibel(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
I don't give a hoot about what Ambode is facing. I can't forget what he did to Fashola. He deserves whatever he is facing now

Ambode ntoor angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Approves ₦283.26 Billion, $18.12 Million For Customs Boats, Scanners / Kebbi PDP House Of Reps Candidate, Abba Muhammed Bello Is Dead / Tinubu Should Scrap Ministers Of State Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.