Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job (28656 Views)

Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / Oluyemisi Haleemat Busari Loses Polling Unit To Sanwo-olu - The Nation / Who Is Babajide Sanwo-olu? The Documentary On The Candidate Showing Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by OtunbaNairaland: 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
A picture is worth a thousand words is a hackneyed phrase. Some people hate clichés because they are boring and devoid of the excitement that uncertainties bring. But there is nothing that describes the internal power struggle within the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos better than the above cliché.

On Tuesday news broke that a three-time commissioner in Lagos and the boss of the Lagos State Property Development Corporation, LSDPC, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has obtained the governorship nomination form signifying he was willing to take over the job of incumbent, Akinwunmi Ambode, who had announced his intention to seek re-election 24 hours earlier.

Immediately after Mr Sanwo-Olu’s announcement, there was a frenzy in the media. Several analysts claimed the de facto political godfather of the state, Bola Tinubu, has decided to do away with Mr Ambode, after battling hard to enthrone him less than four years ago.

Like it is often the case, many of the reports were laced with rumours, and quotes from all-knowing anonymous sources who swore they were at the meetings where Mr Ambode’s fate was sealed. Despite the general election being five months away, some of the sources proudly announced Mr Sanwo-Olu as Mr Ambode’s successor, as a matter of fact.

Perhaps the anonymous commentators would not have spoken with much confidence, if they had not seen one of the pictures that accompanied the news of Mr Sanwo-Olu’s declaration to take over the job of his boss.

In the particular picture, Mr Sanwo-Olu is seen holding the party’s governorship nomination form and was flanked by three other men. Among the men was James Odunmbaku, popularly known as Baba Eto. Mr Odunmbaku, a septuagenarian and former deputy leader of the APC in the state, is commonly known as the right-hand man of Mr Tinubu.

Mr Odunmbaku often speaks the voice of Mr Tinubu when the latter is not talking and his appearance in the photo was interpreted by many as the godfather’s endorsement of Mr Sanwo-Olu candidacy.

Interestingly, four years ago, it was Mr Odunmbaku, who first declared support for Mr Ambode, before Mr Tinubu did so publicly, weeks later. Apparently, the same strategy is being repeated.

Mr Sanwo-Olu’s name may not ring loud among Lagosians outside politics but he has been a longtime protégé of Mr Tinubu.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/283616-lagos2019-babajide-sanwo-olu-the-tinubu-man-who-wants-ambodes-job.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Throwback: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
This is a gamble that will destroy Tinubu.

Tinubu will have his candidate for his party as he so wishes, being in total control of the party structures in Lagos State.

However, the population of the voting public makes whatever structure he may think he has, totally insignificant.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Imortal001: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
No be lie!

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by OlaoChi: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
Drama for no good cause. What is wrong with Ambode?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by id911(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Jide Sanwolu is the next Governor of Lagos State. Whatever the Jagaban says is final. If Ambode proves stubborn, he will be impeached and nothing will happen

I wholeheartedly support Jide, he's a man of proven integrity. Ambode should step-down for him or port to another party if he can't obey or respect his elders in APC for him to do one term

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by EmekaMD(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Tinubu the god of Lagos State and all yoruba Muslims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by jerryunit48: 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Believe me he will not get the job ... at least not now

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Moreoffaith(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
who is this one?

if dem born am well make use am

has he forgotten the last election in lagos?

APC 812,394
PDP 659,738

Make Ambode try port to another party, abeg no be PDP OOO AND LETS SEE IF JAGABAN WILL NOT SEE HIS END IN LAGOS.

THIS SO CALLED LOCAL GOVT CHAIRMEN ARE AGAINST HIS SECOND TERM BECAUSE

ALL LINK ROAD SUBMITTED TO STATE ARE DONE BY HIM COS HE DOESNT TRUST THEM.

CHECK ALL ROAD DONE BY LOCAL GOVT CHAIRMEN ARE WORSE THAN THEY WERE BEFORE THEY WERE AWARDED BY THOSE USELESS CHAIRMEN.

BEFORE AMBODE ALL THIS CONSTRUCTION MONEY WAS LOOTED BETWEEN LOCAL CHAIRMEN AND TINUBU.

Bleep THE USELESS CHAIRMEN.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by imran147(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Why Tinubu is to greedy
What will they gain in rejecting Ambode if not for the monetary sharing is not enough for him again
I wonder what will a man gain if he own this whole world..but he forgot this life is short and longer term is grave and heaven

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by CyberWolf: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
The truth is that if Ambode don’t have his own political structure on ground by now, he is as good as gone if it’s true that Tinubu does not want him back.

3 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by JacksonOyibo: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
smiley
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Jellyberry(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
Kole werk .ambode right man ..pls check my siggy no harm pls

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Brains1990(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
And nothing is gonna stop him from getting that position
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by moufan: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
nonsense.
it's ambode or nobody

4 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by acesoul(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thats thier prob
lem

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by pol23: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
APC will have no choice than to give Ambode the Ticket now that Otedola with the money is running too.
Ambode has really tried...
But I will vote Otedola sha....
Tinubu has done enough good and bad...let him take his whala and go rest for bourdillon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Drsheddy(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
K
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by kindnyce(m): 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
Just a political gimmicks to keep some jobless peeps busy.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Righteousness89(m): 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
However the Boat swings, Tinubu's Hold on Lagos is Near Destruction!!
Mark my Words!!

7 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by FIRDAUS3(m): 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
let's see where it ends.

for me................................... Eko oni Baje smiley

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by OlaoChi: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
id911:
Jide Sanwolu is the next Governor of Lagos State. Whatever the Jagaban says is final. If Ambode proves stubborn, he will be impeached and nothing will happen

I wholeheartedly support Jide, he's a man of proven integrity. Ambode should step-down for him or port to another party if he can't obey or respect his elders in APC for him to do one term

And this is democracy to you? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
dingbang:
none of these politicians can topple ambode

As if Ambode got there based on his own recognition?

5 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
Righteousness89:
Tinubu's Hold on Lagos is Near Destruction!!
Mark my Words!!

Keep dreaming!
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by BIGDADDY000(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
WATCH UR BACK MY BRODA,
Tinubu IS NOT A FRIEND TO ANYBODY,
EXCEPT MONEY, POWER AND HIMSELF.

7 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Righteousness89(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
[s]
id911:

[/s] WHATEVER GOD SAYS IS FINAL!!

No one else has a FINAL SAY

7 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by dingbang(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
geometricaxis:

As if Ambode got there based on his own recognition?
his works have spoken for him, thanks cool

2 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by millionboi2: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thy still dey rush us

Check my sign

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu, The Tinubu Man Who Wants Ambode’s Job by Standardcosting(m): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
How does he want Ambodes job?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP Under Pressure To Arrest Igboho As Activist Snubs Police Invitation / Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance / Osinbajo Attends RCCG Olive Tree Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.