Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres (6350 Views)

Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes / Your Views On The Use Of Loud Speakers In Mosque And Churches / Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Bawss1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
I support this ban, enough of this noise pollution in the name of religion.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by na2day2(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
this ban is a welcome development but hope it applies to mosques too, enough of the 4am call waking ppl rudely from their beauty sleep
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by otokx(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
There should also be a ban on running generators throughout the night.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Kaestro(m): 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
It's imperative that these by-laws should be implemented and any group or persons that desist should be punished accordingly.Serious fines should be metted on defaulters. I can't stop wondering what the ministry of environment and planning is doing when it comes to regulating the activities of the residents in the state. It appears they have destroyed all the planning blueprints of the state and are not running it based on pressure points. Not just noise pollution, how about stalled tankers/trailers without luminous indicators? How about unnecessary traffic jams caused by illegal parking at major religious conventions? Removal of all dangerous suicidal vehicles off the roads, continuous demolition of illegal structures. All these constitute major degradation to the quality of life in every environment.

If any of you sees the commissioner tell him to get his pension and gratuity reviewed because he's about to be ordered out of office for his inconsistency. Oh Yes people should be fired, there is no room for mediocrity.
Just in case you're wondering why I can't deliver the message, I wasn't allowed to see him when I went to the secretariat. I was met with the question "who you be" . Dem never sabi. lol
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
So many people will get to work late now, cos some uses them to wake up in the morning to get ready for work
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by JUO(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2010
allahuu akbarrrrr
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by CGKing(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
Praise God. And those annoying mosques chantings. Thank you Fashola, plssss!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
implementation has always being our problem,maybe fashola's pastor or imam has not called him on phone yet to quote some bible verses to his hearing.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by okgerald(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
What about those pastors that wake us up every morning on the street of Lagos asking us to repent?
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 0hsisi: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
CGKing:

Praise God. And those annoying mosques chantings. Thank you Fashola, plssss!

Gbam
The mosques loudspeakers blaring out at odd hours should be a thing of the past
They should buy alarm clocks for their worshippers.
all those noisy street owanbe parties must be included too
and those churches that insist on preaching to the whole neighborhood ought to keep their loudspeakers indoors only.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 0hsisi: 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2010
ok.gerald:

What about those pastors that wake us up every morning on the street of Lagos asking us to repent?

If they use loudspeakers,they ought to be banned too.
If the rule applies to one,it must apply to all
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by MUZBO(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
Its not possible at this time! Let them 1st deal wit those loud speakers at markets and on the street playing yoruba/igbo music, then we'll take it from there. Where is the special adviser on market matters??!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by sukkytaiwo(m): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
I believe it is the right thing to do,The govt have to regulate how sound are being expose to public this will solve a lot of sound airing problem on our society,it has to go beyond the Religious center.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by CGKing(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
0hsisi:

Gbam
The mosques loudspeakers blaring out at odd hours should be a thing of the past
They should buy alarm clocks for their worshippers.
all those noisy street owanbe parties must be included too
and those churches that insist on preaching to the whole neighborhood ought to keep their loudspeakers indoors only.

Oops! sorry, not sure fashola would wanna ban his ppls beloved owambe parties. Its the yoruba livelihood.

Men there is just a lot to deal with men, the annoying street blocking parties of mosques and yoruba celebrations and shit. . . . , these guys are so daring they can lay their party canopies and tents across the ikorodu express because of gbedu. Y r they like that?? Fashola has a lot of work men.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by cold(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
This move is as good as bulldozing prayer houses/mosques that go against the masterplan.Something should also be done about all those praying grounds along the Lagos/Ibadan expressway,they make lives exasperating for motorists.

I still can't fathom why some pple are kicking against this ban,are they telling us these prayer houses are in the right? Being a christian or a muslim is not a license to run foul of the law,in fact we should be custodians of the law and not breakers.Back in naija churches around my house (at least 8 of them not to mention the mosques) gave me and other members of the community continuous sleepless nights for many years making life unbearable for the rest of us.

The irony of the situation is these folks give us sleepless nights and then they go to sleep afterwards while we have to struggle to stay awake at work.In other climes i have been to,you don't hear a noise,yet people still go to church,muslims still wake early  for their prayers without the noisy reminders.So why must naija be different?
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DBR: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2010
Good gracious God! it's bout time!!!
As a christian i support it.
Infact responsible churches dont blare sounds into the air like that.(at least mine doesnt) wink

But im am soo blessed to have double portion of that noise anointing i ma zone.
Infact 3! A mosque, a church, and a club!!! See ma life??
And to say i just moved in there, so movi out aint gon' be that fast .

Just lastnite on sistah from the church was gettin strangulated and we cold hear the anguish.
Or. . . well. . .so we thot until we noticed there was a rhythm to the shriek. . .then it hit me
she was not gettin stranguled but only singing!!

If men were God, well if i was God, that noise song wont pass the roof of that church.
It was purely errmmmmm. . . wats d word again.
Oki like this, hope they enforce it
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 3kay945(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
Sometimes i wonder the relevance of these numerous churches and mosques, cos the nation is not getting any better, greed, selfishness, bad belle and their father 'corruption everywhere. This country is a big joke!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by adros84(m): 10:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
I am a Christian but before now, I have always complained about this unchristian attitude by churches. Why in Christ name should a Church place speakers outside the Church during services? Do they not realize that others have a right to a quite time in theor homes or offices or shops? Would Christ have done the same? You need to visit some churches. Those inside the church may not be more than twenty and yet they have speakers inside and outside the Church! What for? So I think government should implement this to the letter. Any Church that refuses to comply should be sealed off and fined heavily. Be that as it may, the fact remains that Nigerians love noise-making. If you doubt me, visit the motor parks, market places. Must conductors shout themselves hoarse to let us know where they are heading? some of them now use loud speakers. Same goes for traders! Government should ban these noisemakers too!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by soloqy: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
texazzpete:

Churches are far worse. People will be blasting their loudspeakers, keeping innocent Nigerians up at night all in the name of 'night vigils'.

Mosques now have night vigils, congregate on sundays and everything. They dont want to be outdone by the Christians. They believe those are the times the Christians convert moslems.  smiley
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 0hsisi: 12:04am On Jul 06, 2010
CGKing:

Oops! sorry, not sure fashola would wanna ban his ppls beloved owambe parties. Its the yoruba livelihood.

Men there is just a lot to deal with men, the annoying street blocking parties of mosques and yoruba celebrations and poo. . . . , these guys are so daring they can lay their party canopies and tents across the ikorodu express because of gbedu. Y r they like that?? Fashola has a lot of work men.

If he doesn't ban street owanbes then he hasn't started banning.
The ordinance must cut across all religions and cultural practices
Infact anyone doing anything with a canopy on the outside must not use a loudspeaker
any pim,the individual ought to be arrested. grin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Pharoh: 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hmm hope they don't rush thing but take their time in going about this noise pollution of a thing.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Georgiedey(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2010
the govt should extend the ban to cds and dvd seller.a walk thru ojuelegba or any major bus stop in lagos would leave your ear drums begging for rescue from the disturbing noise  from  the gigantic speakers of these roadside cds sellers with wanda coal blasting from 1 shop ,tuface from the next shop and dagrin or p square from the thrid shop.haba wetin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Georgiedey(m): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
The govt should extend the ban to cds and dvd seller.a walk thru ojuelegba or any major bus stop in lagos would leave your ear drums begging for rescue from the disturbing noise from the gigantic speakers of these roadside cds sellers with wanda coal blasting from 1 shop ,tuface from the next shop and dagrin or p square from the thrid shop.haba wetin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by CGKing(m): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2010
3kay945:

Sometimes i wonder the relevance of these numerous churches and mosques, cos the nation is not getting any better, greed, selfishness, bad belle and their father 'corruption everywhere. This country is a big joke!

I wonder too. Corruption is even in our churches and mosques. Imagine an imam using his moque and loudspeakers to deride ppl, stirring contempt and hatred for his personal enemies in his neighbourhood. Its as if Fashola is fighting a one man war. How long before he gets infected?!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
Georgiedey:

The govt should extend the ban to cds and dvd seller.a walk thru ojuelegba or any major bus stop in lagos would leave your ear drums begging for rescue from the disturbing noise from the gigantic speakers of these roadside cds sellers with wanda coal blasting from 1 shop ,tuface from the next shop and dagrin or p square from the thrid shop.haba wetin

Those areas are market areas or commercial areas not residential areas
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by candylips(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2010
good development
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by AjanleKoko: 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2010
Good one jare.
I remember when I used to live opposite one church in Ogudu.
One time they decided to face their demons squarely . . . na 7 days night vigil o! Torment personified angry
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 0hsisi: 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Good one jare.
I remember when I used to live opposite one church in Ogudu.
[b]One time they decided to face their demons squarely . . . na 7 days night vigil o! Torment personifie[/b]d angry

LOL
and after that you moved
maybe na you be the demon grin grin grin grin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by sizzlers(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
i have three churches at close proximity to my residence, = ODOZI OBODO, FIRST BAPTIST WATCHMAN, every sunday, i used to stay out with friends coz of their noizy speakers.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 0hsisi: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2010
sizzlers:

i have three churches at close proximity to my residence, = ODOZI OBODO, FIRST BAPTIST WATCHMAN, every sunday, i used to stay out with friends coz of their noizy speakers.

Is odozi Obodo a Church?
that one na cult ma dear
you have 2 churches and a shrine around you grin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by rebrand: 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
Yes, I like that. I pray the same happens to Imo State and in Owerri.

Great share.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by solo1ng1: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
All church and mosques using megaphone don enter am b dat o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Be A Politician In Nigeria? / 3 Lessons Christians can Learn From The Life Of The Apostles / How Do We Differentiate Between Discerning Spirit And Selective Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.