Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. (10159 Views)

Adam Albani: "President Buhari Is Incompetent & Useless" - Islamic Cleric (Video / See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos / How Ambode Is Fixing The Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2018
OAM4J:

True.

That reminds me of this incident, how he dealt with a colonel on the BRT lane.

[img]https://dikechiedozie.files./2012/07/dike-chiedozies-blog-governor-fashola-accosts-colonel-driving-on-brt-lane.jpg?w=740[/img]

Fashola is a very disciplined man, even he as a Governor was not using BRT lane, and he was not always with those ceremonial convoy.

I have said it many times on this forum that I didnt support the emergence of Fashola, I campaigned for Jimi Agbaje in 2007. But Fashola's performance and his intelligence while addressing key and sensitive issues during his 1st term in office won my heart and made him my best governor till date.

I am not for or against what is happening to Ambode. Even though he was not the preferred candidate for Fashola, after he won the party primary, Fashola followed his campaign train everywhere, only for him to get to office and started to rubbish Fashola. There was a time he even accused Fashola of deliberately delaying the concession of airport road and transfer of some of the old FG assets in Lagos to the state government, before Fashola came out to explain the true position of things.... Ambode forgot the Yoruba proverb that "the cane used to drive away the 1st wife, is only hidden under the bed, ready to be used to drive away the new wife".

Anyways, I wish Ambode luck.

Well said..
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode had the opportunity to build on what Fashola did. Instead, he went on a witch hunt of “everything BRF” from suspected human agents to supposed BRF legacy projects. In the process, he turned simple solutions to complex problems. Ever coming, never arriving. Time for Change?

https://punchng.com/lagos-gov-poll-twitter-users-bash-residents-over-ambode-tinubu-dispute/
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
CompleteNews

Matters Arising On Ambode’s Pettiness Of Replacing Gani Fawehinmi’s Statue Built By Fashola At Ojota
Posted by Admin On April 22, 2018 0 Comment

One of the highpoints of the administration of former Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola, (SAN) was the reclamation of abandoned public spaces inhabited by hoodlums and transforming them into recreation parks or landmark sites to honour living heroes or past giants who made Lagos proud.

Fashola honoured the late legal luminary, Chief Gani Fawehinmi,(SAN) and developed Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota popular known as Freedom Park and erected a statue of the Ondo-born Senior Advocate of the masses to immortalise the struggles of the fierce human rights fighter and the primus defender of the downtrodden.

The civil society community and human rights activists who were in the trenches to fight for the rights of the oppressed hailed Fashola for honouring Gani and for providing a spacious, strategic location where protesters can gather and ventilate their anger on the recklessness of the political class and other obnoxious public policies.

Gani Fawehinmi park made global headlines in January 2012 during the Occupy Nigeria petrol subsidy removal protest against the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Aluta spirit of Gani was invoked at Ojota as thousands of citizens brought the government on its kneels.

The incumbent governor Akinwunmi Ambode never left anyone in doubt that he is on a mission to demolish Fashola’s legacies immediately he assumed office.

The Gani Fawehinmi park ‘remodeling’ was one of the needless projects he embarked just to undo Fashola whose fame had gone global as a great performer.

Under the guise of curious remodeling, Ambode removed the statue of Gani built by Fashola and replaced it with his own just to score cheap political point.

The unveiling of Ambode’s version of Gani Fawehinmi’s statue is scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday April 22 to commemorate Gani’s 80th post humous birthday.

Ambode spent three years to build an unnecessary statue just to spite his predecessor.

I often queried the administrative acumen of the governor whenever i passed through Ojota and saw the removed Fashola’s version of Gani’s statue at the base of the platform which the new statue stands. Yet, we are told Ambode attended Harvard University.

What sense does it make to replace a statue of the same icon which is not damaged and which was less than five years!

Statues are built to last for decades.

It is sheer waste of scarce resources and misplacement of priorities.

Ambode’s politics of statues also got him into trouble when he decked a dandy sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo in a native Agbada with a laced safety booth to match. What an anathema!

The project was another vain and ego trip embarked by the governor.

On that same stretch of Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja, there is another statue of the sage apart from the one inside the Awolowo House close to Ikeja under bridge.

Worst still, Ambode has always kept a sealed lips over what the needless statues cost the tax payers.

He has repeatedly turned down Freedom of Information request to divulge the costs of the statues and other funfair ‘projects’ like Lagos at 50 celebrations and other carnivals that had arguable gulped billions.

If Ambode is bereft of ideas of how to immortalize icons, he should halt the shameless replication of statues all around town.

If Gani was alive, he would have rejected governor’s wasteful Greek project in solidarity with masses who are groaning under the inept leadership of Ambode.

A governor whose under his watch a city which had relatively conquered filth in the last decade slumped to become the dirtiest state in the country cannot be a friend of finicky Gani.

The public should therefore see through the bare-faced hypocrisy and vindictiveness of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and reject his greek gift to Gani.

www.completenewsng.com/matters-arising-on-ambodes-pettiness-of-replacing-gani-fa...

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2018

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7785078_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

This is the apex of pettiness, waste, lack of focus and ideas and vindictiveness.

Where is the sense and wisdom in duplicating what your predecessors did?

How huge was replacing Fashola's Gani's stature on the plate of Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Lordbucci2: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode worked but nt compared to fasola..

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Maxymilliano(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
Eko Ile and his usual destructive posts syndrome .

Was surprised you didn't label Ambode IPod as you are wont to do.

FYI, Ambode would be re-elected governor of Lagos State under APC ...

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
[s]
Maxymilliano:
Eko Ile and his usual destructive posts syndrome .

Was surprised you didn't label Ambode IPod as you are wont to do.

FYI, Ambode would be re-elected governor of Lagos State under APC ...
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent ipob rubbish.

Worry more about your backward and unproductive ipob village
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Maxymilliano(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

� ... Your usual stuff.

I should worry about my place at Abraham Adesanya estate in Lekki or my place at Ota ?

Alawada I thought sense would have catched up with you by now, I doubt if you no Jack about happening in Apc in Lagos and Ogun State.

Anyway I enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
[s]
Maxymilliano:

� ... Your usual stuff.

I should worry about my place at Abraham Adesanya estate in Lekki or my place at Ota ?

Alawada I thought sense would have catched up with you by now, I doubt if you no Jack about happening in Apc in Lagos and Ogun State.

Anyway I enjoy!
[/s]

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Maxymilliano(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Eko Ile aka Aresa aka deomelo has always been Arindin/slowpoke of the first order, may be I should mention Jmaine, your major traducer on this forum to come and school you once again in the art

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2018
[s]
Maxymilliano:

Eko Ile aka Aresa aka deomelo has always been Arindin/slowpoke of the first order, may be I should mention Jmaine, your major traducer on this forum to come and school you once again in the art

[/s]

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2018

Still the best and the most sophisticated bridge in Nigeria, yet to be duplicated by any government in Nigeria, even the FG.

Construction started in Fashola's first term in office.

Today, with N1 Trillion budget, largest in the history of Nigeria, Ambode is still in flyover league like many poor states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
deomelo:

The same people have been mocking and insulting Lagos state all over the place, they gleefully post every negative news about Lagos and always let us know how dirty Lagos is, but the hypocrites all of a sudden are in Love with Ambode because they hate Tinubu.

One labeled Ambode the lousiest and worst governor in the history of Lagos state just last month, but all of a sudden Ambode is the best governor ever this month

These are pathetic liars and dishonest people

Them be 2 face na
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Maxymilliano(m): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

You are just as empty as it comes .. This is your thread and I pushed it a bit for you.

Come where Gbawe dey ?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by tiredoflife(m): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
So in all these post
There is no picture to show ambode did anything cry
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2018
tiredoflife:
So in all these post
There is no picture to show ambode did anything cry

Feel free to upload his projects.
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
[s]
Maxymilliano:

You are just as empty as it comes .. This is your thread and I pushed it a bit for you.

Come where Gbawe dey ?
[/s]

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by omonuhabi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2018
For me, I have never liked ambode from day one. He is not a good administrator. It is an insult to compare him with fashola.pple should try and see what is happening as an opportunity to make a better choice and bring back Lagos State glory.

Anytime I drive around I usually feel like crying seeing what Lagos has turned into within a span of three years. Even the said roads are not up to standard.
I would say this is an opportunity to save Lagos from incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by jmaine: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
Maxymilliano:

Lolz.. So you know it is him as well.. He is chameleon that can't deceive much.. wink

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Victornezzar: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
Expect a thread of all Ambode achievements very soon

Because he's a christian ahbi....We die here today
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Maxymilliano(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2018
jmaine:

Lolz.. So you know it is him as well.. He is chameleon that can't deceive much.. wink

My broda, the nincompoop don't have much these days than cheap blackmail and labelling everyone ipud ...
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by TrueNigerian300: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
OAM4J:

True.

That reminds me of this incident, how he dealt with a colonel on the BRT lane.

[img]https://dikechiedozie.files./2012/07/dike-chiedozies-blog-governor-fashola-accosts-colonel-driving-on-brt-lane.jpg?w=740[/img]

Fashola is a very disciplined man, even he as a Governor was not using BRT lane, and he was not always with those ceremonial convoy.

I have said it many times on this forum that I didnt support the emergence of Fashola, I campaigned for Jimi Agbaje in 2007. But Fashola's performance and his intelligence while addressing key and sensitive issues during his 1st term in office won my heart and made him my best governor till date.

I am not for or against what is happening to Ambode. Even though he was not the preferred candidate for Fashola, after he won the party primary, Fashola followed his campaign train everywhere, only for him to get to office and started to rubbish Fashola. There was a time he even accused Fashola of deliberately delaying the concession of airport road and transfer of some of the old FG assets in Lagos to the state government, before Fashola came out to explain the true position of things.... Ambode forgot the Yoruba proverb that "the cane used to drive away the 1st wife, is only hidden under the bed, ready to be used to drive away the new wife".

Anyways, I wish Ambode luck.

God bless you so much for this.

Fashola truly supported him despite not trusting in his abiltiy to govern Lagos well but he believes he will likely continue with his work. He even castigated Fashola remember the Website Saga. I am not saying Fashola is innoncent here oooo but it shouldnt have come from Ambode considering how the Nigerian system works. And Fashola was able to defend himself and the matter died - why didnt Ambode continue with the allegation and sue him? He has no case just wanted to rubbish Great Fash!!! But look at him today.

For those who don't know Fashola remains the best public administrator Nigeria has ever seen. Forget infrastructure and projects he executed he is a leader in all ramifications.

He is the only Nigerian leader that has wao me. Note I am someone that expects excellence at all levels and he did an excellent job. This BIG head man is a failure.

I love Fashola there is no doubt about it but it didnt just happen over night. He performed excellently and thus earn my respect and love.

For your info I dont belong to any of the useless parties or supporter of any. 99.9999% of them are criminals. APC or PDP they are both your enemies wise up people.

It is a wish for me to meet Fashola in person. It is an insult to even think of putting this Failure in the same sentence with Fashola. Funny enough I never liked Fashola at first because I believed then that he would be Tinubu's stooge but he proved otherwise.

God bless Fashola wherever he is. A leader par excellence!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 11:52pm On Sep 15, 2018

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2018

Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 16, 2018
The Yorubas are their own worst enemies, and they like eye service a lot.
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 12:11am On Sep 16, 2018
[s]
udemzy101:
The Yorubas are their own worst enemies, and they like eye service a lot.
[/s]

Take your bigotry and tribalism to the nearest ipob topic.
Re: Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS. by deomelo: 12:17am On Sep 16, 2018
Fashola Commissions First Of Its Kind State Digital Mapping/Geographic Information System (GIS)

This is one of my favorite Fashola achievements.

Very visionary and ground breaking.

The man was ahead of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi Reappoints Emmanuel Uzor As SA Fruits, Food Management / Peter Obi Congratulates Flamingos For Reaching Semi-Finals Of The U17 World Cup / Henry & Charles Okah To Sue Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.