Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (84014 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Admitwithschola:

Yeah, they pay quite well and the benefits, as I heard, are great..

But BIS pays even more, and life in Geneva, as I heard, is more plush than in NY..

One "easy way" to earn a good salary (even top 5% salary in UK/America/anywhere in the world): Study mathematics/physics/comp sc/any quantitative course (4 years), make a high CGPA (anything above 4.5. The closer to 5, the better), go to Stanford and do a MSc (2 years) or PhD (5 years) in math, physics, finance or economics...In total, you spend maximum of 10-11 years. Assuming you started BSc at 17, in 11 years, you're 28.

Join Google or any of those tech firms, or join a hedge fund (rentec) if you're lucky or other financial services.. Work for 5 years. At 33, you will be taking home a total compensation of around $25K per month.

Am I being realistic? Yes, I'm. I know of boys and girls earning this and more.

Are there other ways to make it? Yes, there. Ball, sports, entertainment, etc. Dem many. But as a book person, I focus the returns some people get on their educational effort!

Note - this does not apply to naija oo..No firm will pay a 33 year old person $25K per month. That na about 9.5million. That was my 3-4 years salary when I was working at a good place in naija.. Naija no easy.

I think there are people earning as much here bro, there'll never tell you but it's possible. How do they afford to pay rent in $$$? the cars they drive, the properties they own, the lifestyle they live, in a country that doesn't function on credit system, makes me to believe they secretly earn that much
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2018
dyydxx:

I think the UK is still true, the problem with the UK is the cost.....they are more fully funded Phds in the US than the Uk. So you are saying the only work around is wifey also getting her own F1 in the states. This is the best route for guys just coming up here.

Most of the salaries quoted here are just lies. Any salary above N1m per month the person has to be a manager I believe or at least C-level executive in Naija. Anybody claiming to make 12m monthly in naija and not annually probably is a successful business man/entrepreneur. I find it hard to believe even a naija CEO is making that monthly

Not true o! I don't want to mention the Nigerian company but these guys pay 22-24m pa pre-tax for entry level. A little more if u have children. They give stuff like "biscuit allowance" monthly
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 9:48am On Sep 17, 2018
spankyflex:
Why are you venting your frustration on me? since you have blocked your myopic mind from accepting facts. keep wallowing in your ignorance. am done replying a close minded fellow. Thanks

I wonder why u dignify the guy with a response. Ordinary Zenith Bank MD made a billion in performance bonus he now cannot phatom the Gas company boss earning way more than that. He should first find out how much profit was made last year.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by LeoFish92(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2018
Gamesmart:

It is so hard to name a Nigerian company anonymously that pay that largely and you know a company where the CEO makes a billion naira a month and you also know a Nigerian company where employees are flown to the to work. undecided

My friend, go siddon somewhere.

I didn't know companies put bonus figures on "offer letters". Anuofia!

I've observed you on this forum, you are too insulting at any given time. Always aggressive.

Even if the dude was lying, couldn't you see the polite way he responded to you, must you descend to insults? I just hope it has not become a part of you offline.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I think it takes a lot of depth for some people to stretch their minds enough to accept certain truths.

My sister, I Chose not to argue with him any more. When someone decides to be myopic and disbelieve FACTS nothing can be done to alleviate their ill health

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by LeoFish92(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2018
Realberg:
My Direct Boss, Senior Software Developer- 3.7m, Inclusive of tax! I don't earn half of that Lmao

As a software developer, which languages did you learn to work there?
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by dyydxx: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Not true o! I don't want to mention the Nigerian company but these guys pay 22-24m pa pre-tax for entry level. A little more if u have children. They give stuff like "biscuit allowance" monthly

Give some flesh to this your claim. I'm not asking for the specific name but give the sector, industry, maybe clients they service and where there global headquarters is based? it is too anonymous to just go on dem say
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by dyydxx: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2018
airsaylongcon:

I wonder why u dignify the guy with a response. Ordinary Zenith Bank MD made a billion in performance bonus he now cannot phatom the Gas company boss earning way more than that. He should first find out how much profit was made last year.

But Zenith bank MD is profit sharing now.....he has become a part-owner or like you would say General partners. That's definitely believable and within the realm of possibility but they are not much like that in the country
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 10:02am On Sep 17, 2018
dyydxx:

Give some flesh to this your claim. I'm not asking for the specific name but give the sector, industry, maybe clients they service and where there global headquarters is based? it is too anonymous to just go on dem say

HQ is in PH. They sell gas
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2018
dyydxx:

But Zenith bank MD is profit sharing now.....he has become a part-owner or like you would say General partners. That's definitely believable and within the realm of possibility but they are not much like that in the country

Chief, dont sweat it. Just take it as it is and move on. I know some PE firm in Nigeria that pay their associates (2-3 years investment banking experience) about USD100k per annum (excluding bonus ranging from 50 percent to 150 percent of base). That's minimum of about 36 million naira in a year.

Some IOCs pay grads over a million naira monthly.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 17, 2018
LeoFish92:

As a software developer, which languages did you learn to work there?
I already completed course before application to the firm.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 11:25am On Sep 17, 2018
spankyflex:
Why are you venting your frustration on me? since you have blocked your myopic mind from accepting facts. keep wallowing in your ignorance. am done replying a close minded fellow. Thanks

They way you idiots label your nonsense as "facts" is really beyond me.

Even Shell Nigeria's CEO cannot dream of N1bn bonus, it is a public official that would be awarded that?

Idiot!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2018
LeoFish92:

I've observed you on this forum, you are too insulting at any given time. Always aggressive.

Even if the dude was lying, couldn't you see the polite way he responded to you, must you descend to insults? I just hope it has not become a part of you offline.

Why would anyone come to NL and people are asking for useful information and the person thinks "oh, let me add my lie"?

Is such a person worthy of respect?

Some people only know how to destroy in Nigeria, not add value.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2018
airsaylongcon:

The amount most banks are paying Senior Managers in Nigeria is what this "so-hard to name and unknown" company is dishing out to graduates?

Nonsense.

Even Shell, Chevron, Mckinsey or Stanbic IBTC Investment bank are not paying that to graduates.

Continue making nonsense claims!
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2018
Gamesmart:

The amount most banks are paying Senior Managers in Nigeria is what this "so-hard to name and unknown" company is dishing out to graduates?

Nonsense.

Even Shell, Chevron, Mckinsey or Stanbic IBTC Investment bank are not paying that to graduates.

Continue making nonsense claims!

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Which Zenith MD made a billion in bonus? grin
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
dyydxx:

The flesh around it is the one around his ass. grin
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
nitrogen:

Chief, dont sweat it. Just take it as it is and move on. I know some PE firm in Nigeria that pay their associates (2-3 years investment banking experience) about USD100k per annum (excluding bonus ranging from 50 percent to 150 percent of base). That's minimum of about 36 million naira in a year.

Some IOCs pay grads over a million naira monthly.

This is very realistic.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
splash809:
This tread is too rich. I can't relate. I'm out of here.
I love your honesty
You will go places and achieve much more, by Gods Grace cool
Cheers mon frère

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2018
Paulosky1900:
some of this people typing 18m 5m 10m are pleading to get a work of 20k but they can't and are here forming rich people, anyway Nigerians can lie eehhh

grin grin

no mind them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hedonini:
.. Still doesn't justify the salary. Not even a quarter of it. He can't possibly earn higher than the global CEO of a top 20 company of the Fortune 500. Tell me how much the top partners of any of the Big 4 (in top tier countries) earn....

I smell corporate governance abuse because even CEOs of Deloitte earn less than $300k ANNUALLY., while partner salaries at Arthur Andersen range from $481,010-$516,000 ANNUALLY (Source: https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Arthur-Andersen-Partner-Salaries-E342339_D_KO16,23.htm).

So how come a partner here in shithole Nigeria would be earning over $10m annually according to you?

Something must be really wrong with this country.

its a possibility
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
Netanyahu1:
bros don't doubt him, one of the reason bigerias GDP is low and nothing is working is that people are paid so much more than they produce.

exactly

Deadweighr
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hedonini:

It's terrible. Nigeria's economic output and productivity does not justify even one tenth of these despicable salaries.

And to be honest, that's one reason I have scant regard for salary earners in this country who prance about feeling big. Go out there on your own and prove yourself if you have something special. They're nothing but overpaid and over fortunate imps in my eyes... Make money in the street as an entrepreneur or hustler and then you'll have ny respect.

there are salaries I hear of in Nigeria, and they get me like shocked

Though its a fraction of the population
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hedonini:

N10m per month amounts to N120m per annum, which is roughly $330k. For a Chevron manager in Nigeria. Nigeria my country. Na wa. Meanwhile...

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Chevron-Manager-Salaries-E13524_D_KO8,15.htm
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hedonini:

N10m per month amounts to N120m per annum, which is roughly $330k. For a Chevron manager in Nigeria. Nigeria my country. Na wa. Meanwhile...

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Chevron-Manager-Salaries-E13524_D_KO8,15.htm

That's life for you
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
abdulkayus:

Mehnnnnnn, guy, are you sure of what you are saying? If it is true that he earn 2milla monthly and then he decided to resign and relocate to Canada, then he is a big time fool.

going to Canada will pay off in the long run

At least for his kids of he took them there

Making money is easier in Nigeria, but the quality if life in Nigeria na rubbish.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
CodeTemplar:

God bless u. People don't think in terms of what they have to offer their employers in Nigeria. There are engineers who earn as high as 6m USD per month on contract of few years.
They can earn that because they carry the knowledge required to create a dangerous amount of wealth. Employers outside Nigeria are generous with salary as long as you can justify it in value.
Most people here are law or accounting graduates who probably passed through one overcrowded uni and think their degree will do the magic of a N350k job for them.

don't talk bad of lawyers or accountants (at least the chartered ones) o shocked shocked

I know some who are making the kind of money most engineers can only dream of o shocked

Especially the one who deal in maritime /copyright law, forensic accounting services etc etc

your life is what you make of it

Some of our Igbo brothers who did not finish school are multi multi millionaires
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ugosample:

don't talk bad of lawyers or accountants (at least the chartered ones) o shocked shocked

I know some who are making the kind of money most engineers can only dream of o shocked

Especially the one who deal in maritime /copyright law, forensic accounting services etc etc

your life is what you make of it

Some of our Igbo brothers who did not finish school are multi multi millionaires

Most lawyers and accountants don't have nothing to offer and that's the truth. Even the chartered accountants that earn really well are mostly overrated.

The problem I have with most uneducated folks making millions or billions is that most are just traders or middlemen and don't create wealth in the real sense of it.

Take the milk industry in Nigeria for example. The Asians Europeans and Americans do most of the real milk production and I call this wealth creation because they interact with the gift of nature like soil, rain and light plants directly to feed their cows. Now these people employ so many hands.
Nigerians and Africans on the other hand produce next to no milk and are merely packaging imported milks as middlemen.
The end result is that the milk 1000 men will produce abroad will takes 100 men to package and redistribute in Nigeria / Africa.
Most people don't realize the value you can add to an establishment in wealth creation cycle influences your take home hugely.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Most lawyers and accountants don't have nothing to offer and that's the truth. Even the chartered accountants that earn really well are mostly overrated.

The problem I have with most uneducated folks making millions or billions is that most are just traders or middlemen and don't create wealth in the real sense of it.

Take the milk industry in Nigeria for example. The Asians Europeans and Americans do most of the real milk production and I call this wealth creation because they interact with the gift of nature like soil, rain and light plants directly to feed their cows. Now these people employ so many hands.
Nigerians and Africans on the other hand produce next to no milk and are merely packaging imported milks as middlemen.
The end result is that the milk 1000 men will produce abroad will takes 100 men to package and redistribute in Nigeria / Africa.
Most people don't realize the value you can add to an establishment in wealth creation cycle influences your take home hugely.

it's like you have a case against accountants and lawyers

they do their bit, just like every other profession
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ugosample:

it's like you have a case against accountants and lawyers

they do their bit, just like every other profession
I have nothing personal against them but there are too many of them in the system, and in a dormant economy like ours they end up being stuck in the system as unemployed hands. There most be adequate wealth in a system for accountants to be needed to keep books but we are largely a consuming nation.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I have nothing personal against them but there are too many of them in the system, and in a dormant economy like ours they end up being stuck in the system as unemployed hands. There most be adequate wealth in a system for accountants to be needed to keep books but we are largely a consuming nation.

There are not too many of them

The economy is just dormant That's all.

in a country that populated, it's normal to have many people in diverse fields eg engineers, lawyers economists doctors etc

do you know how many doctors and accountants there are in India? shocked

the problem is as you have said the economy is not dynamic enough to absorb them.
you know how many engineerrs ), chemists, microbiologists And even geologist are useless And redundant in Nigeria?

the economy is still under developed and basic in a way
And the job of the chartered accountants goes way beyond keeping the books, so note that too

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ugosample:

There are not too many of them

The economy is just dormant That's all.

in a country that populated, it's normal to have many people in diverse fields eg engineers, lawyers economists doctors etc

do you know how many doctors and accountants there are in India? shocked

the problem is as you have said the economy is not dynamic enough to absorb them.
you know how many engineerrs ), chemists, microbiologists And even geologist are useless And redundant in Nigeria?

the economy is still under developed and basic in a way
And the job of the chartered accountants goes way beyond keeping the books, so note that too
Engineers and scientist choose to be dormant largely but business related and art related grad are mostly stuck with skills that are less marketable as entrepreneurs.

Most of them aren't willing to embrace IT and leaves them further isolated from a sharing economy like ours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

American Military Training Is As Inhuman As That Of Nigerian Army- Pictures / Dry Cleaner Returns Money He Found In A Client's Pocket (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Joins The US Army (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.