Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu (387 Views)

Two People Ran Mad Before I Left Marlian Music” – Lil Smart Discloses / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Banky W's Movie Role As NYSC Member / PHOTOS: Empress Njamah Rocks Hijab For A Movie Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu by newsynews: 4:31am On Sep 15, 2018
Actor Wale Akorede popularly known as Okunnu, who has been in the movie industry for over two decades, has recalled the day he earned his first big pay as an actor.
In a chat with Saturday Beat, 50-year-old Okunnu said that he was so happy the day he was paid 60 kobo after a movie role and that he almost ran mad . According to him, the amount motivated him to keep pushing on as an actor and put in more efforts to be the best on the job.

“The first time I received money for acting was in 1984 and I was paid 60 kobo . When I was given the money , I almost ran mad . I was very impressed and encouraged to do the job; presently , I earn well for most of the roles I play , ” he said.

Also speaking on what makes him look younger than his age , said, “God is the one who strengthens me ; I don ’ t eat much but I take multivitamins to take care of myself. ”

Okunnu who is known for playing comic roles in Yoruba movies however doesn’t feel caged by such roles.

“I don ’ t feel stereotyped by playing such roles because I can still take up any role. I have played all sorts of roles in movies . But the funny thing is that even when I do serious roles, people still laugh because of the stereotype , ” he said with a smile .
On the reason why he would never stop acting, Plumbing said,

“I am always happy; I don ’t allow challenges to weigh me down. I loved acting as a child but my parents were not in support of it. I started full -time acting after my father died . I even ran away from home several times because I wanted to be on location. My mother gave me her full support when she started seeing me on screen .

“I used to be a proper businessman before , but acting runs through my veins . The field of business is a playground for me but there is no other profession I would rather do than this . Acting is my destiny .”

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/09/okunnu-ran-mad-60-kobo/

1 Like

Re: I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu by Alejoc(m): 5:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Better times are here even now but....

See my signature and recommend pls wink
Re: I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu by PrettyGist: 5:09am On Sep 15, 2018
sad
Re: I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu by dimexy247(m): 5:20am On Sep 15, 2018
We don hear
Re: I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu by Nogodye(m): 5:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Okunnu padi mi the comic actor.
Re: I Almost Ran Mad Day I Was Paid 60 Kobo For A Movie Role – Okunnu by newsynews: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2018
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

"I Have Experience Jesus" - Toke Makinwa Reveals / How To Get Glo 5.2gb For N100 And 10.4gb For N200 / VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Son Bags A Hat Trick For Juventus U-9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.