Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? (1834 Views)

How Come When I Insult People And Apologize / You Meet A Pastor Doing This To Your Own Mother, What Will You Do? (Photos) / Did I Insult Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for all the advice. Taking everything said in this thread into consideration, and other factors...I've been able to make a decision and conclude the matter. I appreciate all your input....#ThreadClosed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Pubichairs(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2018
she's a bloody feminist, such relationship that a girl can't admit her own mistake is quite toxic and kills slowly

2 Likes

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by michlins(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2018
I don't know about you but I love my life and can't accommodate such toxins in it

I don talk my own

2 Likes

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2018
Pubichairs:
she's a bloody feminist, such relationship that a girl can't admit her own mistake is quite toxic and kills slowly

ok thanks bruv...jus wanted to know if i was thinking to far, but I guess we have the same thought train.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by DrRasheed: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2018
She's right, though the words are not abusive but highly offensive for elders. dont tell us you are thinking of leaving her cus of this minor aug.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Olalan(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2018
Oga better park well, for her mum to say 200k is small in present day Nigeria shows how greedy she might be, coupled with her daughter's behaviour I don't think it's wise to continue

9 Likes

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2018
It was wrong for you to say God forbid and back to the sender. And even you, why your body dey bite you? Saying your salary is too small, is that a curse I personally find people who rebuke everything very ANNOYING. angry

On another hand, the girl too no try o. Even if her mum said your salary is small, what was she trying to gain by coming to tell you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2018
michlins:
I don't know about you but I love my life and can't accommodate such toxins in it

I don talk my own

thanks I really appreciate the advice tho.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2018
DrRasheed:
She's right, though the words are not abusive but highly offensive for elders.
dont tell us you are thinking of leaving her cus of this minor aug.

I guess that's what confused me...didn't really see it as offensive.

as per leaving, all I can say is....I've been putting up with similar incidents, and as a private minded kind of guy for me to bring my ish onto Nairaland like this I really reached the end of my rope I jus wanted to see if I'm overreacting wen I feel what she is doing is wrong...this is someone I thought I could eventually in the long rub commit too but social media don dey change her small small. She wasn't always like this. I guess as we get older people's true colours come out.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Olalan:
Oga better park well, for her mum to say 200k is small in present day Nigeria shows how greedy she might be, coupled with her daughter's behaviour I don't think it's wise to continue

Aswear my guy...for Nigeria now we everywhere red.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2018
SBL28:
It was wrong for you to say God forbid and back to the sender. And even you, why your body dey bite you? Saying your salary is too small, is that a curse I personally find people who rebuke everything very ANNOYING. angry

On another hand, the girl too no try o. Even if her mum said your salary is small, what was she trying to gain by coming to tell you. undecided

Abeg no vex...it's part of me, binding and casting is wah I grew up with. But spiritual talks aside even in the secular sense we can change a lot about things with our confession...so I usually negate tinz i don't lik being said about my life instantly tho...although it may be wrong in some people's opinions...and also on my end...I don't talk down or say bad tinz about others.

1 Like

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by joceey(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Mr man a lady that cant say she is sorry when she is in a relationship if you marry her na oyo be your name oò.You too let me be honest that back to sender you said is indirectly back to her mum ........and pls you mfm member no be every thing be cast and bind you people should try and know this

2 Likes

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2018
Don't be deceive young man, her mum never said anything about your salary. she is only telling you her selfish mind and pretending it was her mum opinion.
see I will advice you to begin to find another lady to marry because that girl will cause depression in your life which you know the consequences it will have for your career and health. a word is enough for the wise

4 Likes

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by tosyne2much(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2018
This is a sign of a looming danger.. Take your time to observe when in order not to put yourself in problem for the sake of your future

1 Like

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2018
joceey:
Mr man a lady that cant say she is sorry when she is in a relationship if you marry her na oyo be your name oò.You too let me be honest that back to sender you said is indirectly back to her mum ........and pls you mfm member no be every thing be cast and bind you people should try and know this

Ok thanks boss...respect
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Feranchek(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2018
God forbid, to me, is no insult. But the 'back to sender' MIGHT seem offensive. But I think she brought it up to you cos you both are close and you're sure she's told her mom bought it and she knows you also wanna know what her mom said abi it. So it's not abnormal that she told you. But her reaction to your rebuke was TOTALLY out of place. Good thing you apologized instantly, and I think she took advantage of that. Bro, you seem the humble type and no lady has any right to use that against you. And looking at her recent attitude of copying Instagram mumu shidrens, bros, spare yourself some future headaches and jejely and nwayoly waka away biko. She'll realize her mistakes and come back apologising. When she does, let her know her sins and if you plan marrying her anytime soon, add one ye to it to be sure your message has truly sank in and she's now the gurl you used to know

1 Like

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2018
tommyken:
Don't be deceive young man, her mum never said anything about your salary. she is only telling you her selfish mind and pretending it was her mum opinion.
see I will advice you to begin to find another lady to marry because that girl will cause depression in your life which you know the consequences it will have for your career and health. a word is enough for the wise

Thanks...I appreciate your advice...But I never reach nor am I ready to marry...But thanks all the same na true you talk.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2018
tosyne2much:
This is a sign of a looming danger.. Take your time to observe when in order not to put yourself in problem for the sake of your future

Hmm ok...never reasoned it like this...Could you expantiate a bit for me...I'm still young and not so wise
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Quam7even(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
Feranchek:
God forbid, to me, is no insult. But the 'back to sender' MIGHT seem offensive. But I think she brought it up to you cos you both are close and you're sure she's told her mom bought it and she knows you also wanna know what her mom said abi it. So it's not abnormal that she told you. But her reaction to your rebuke was TOTALLY out of place. Good thing you apologized instantly, and I think she took advantage of that. Bro, you seem the humble type and no lady has any right to use that against you. And looking at her recent attitude of copying Instagram mumu shidrens, bros, spare yourself some future headaches and jejely and nwayoly waka away biko. She'll realize her mistakes and come back apologising. When she does, let her know her sins and if you plan marrying her anytime soon, add one ye to it to be sure your message has truly sank in and she's now the gurl you used to know

I really apreciate the advice...lik you said it's prolly the back to sender that did it...nd yh with all the advice coming thru its seeming lik the best bet to jus pause the relationship stuff....it's not easy cz we talking about years of relationship though...But lik u rightly said I gahs reason the future.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Wilfredpat22(f): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
Sir she will apologize and come back to you. Is it a girl that doesn’t have up to 4K in her account that now has a bf earning 200k that will leave you.

We ladies that is even looking for someone that earns 100k. We depend on you guys for our survival sir. Keep ignoring her she will come around. Relationships in Nigeria to we ladies is like a Job or business.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by greatcrown: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
Did you tell her to inform her mum about your salary?

What effort did her family especially the mother make to get you a higher paying job?

Personally I think some things should stay betwwen couple including intending couple and top on that list is salary.

Even if she was childish enough to inform her mother of your salary; will her childishness also extend to informing you her mum over-bearing attitude?

I think the lady in question needs some growing up and if you have what it takes for her to grow up, good luck to you.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by angelboy01(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
My only advice to you is to never disclose your earning to a woman. It has happened to us and we know how it ended. Use your head.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by babyfaceafrica: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
what is the meaning of back to sender?...it is offensive abeg....you talk too much abeg..even if her mother made mention that the money is too much....just be cool and say you will manage the 200k till things are better..you guys just react and overact ....cho cho cho..all this kids sef
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Luthor234(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2018
;DMFM
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Moneyspeakingz: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
what is the meaning of back to sender?...it is offensive abeg....you talk too much abeg..even if her mother made mentioning that the money is too much....just be cool and say you will manage the 200k till things are better..you guys just react and overact ....cho cho cho
That is maturity talking.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Moneyspeakingz: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
I dnt think that the both of u are actually matured yet.
1. Why must she tell you what she knew was not proper. She should have just kept of to herself
2. Why must she even consider her mum's opinion on ur finance? na her moda wan marry you?
3. You on then other hand, u over reacted and even playing child malice game
4. U seems to complain too much, wetin concern you with r new friends
Solution
Talk to her and let her knw what she wants. If she is not OK with your financial status,she should take the front door.
lastly it is a rlshp and not a community project . 3 people is a crowd
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by naijacentric(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
Guy take a walk from dis relationship its a disaster waiting to happen

1 Like

Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Shugavee(f): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
Yes u insulted her Mum but u hv apologized.
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Quam7even:
Hey I need advice.

I've been dating a girl (not my tribe) I'm from the South south and she's Yoruba. Although we've been dating for close to 6 years (since after secondary school through Uni till now), I'm still trying to come to terms with her culture and all.

So by God's grace a couple months back I was able to get a Job (lik 200k basic plus benefits and all) with a multinational company. I just completed my NYSC in July FYI. I told my babe and all we were happy. fast forward to last week wen she was gisting me about how she was talking to her mum about me and her mum said that the money im getting is small, as she finished telling me what her mother said I said God Forbid and back to sender, as an MFM boi na. to my surprise my own babe then called me an idiot and that my statement was foolish.

I'm not gonna form hard guy, cz honestly I apologized to her if she took my God forbid prayer as an insult to her mumsi, but I cleared her that she as my babe had no right to call me names, as I've never called her names before.

Naso she begin para nd told me she will use any words she deems fit if i insult her parents. Tried to get her to see that God Forbid and back to sender ain't an insult and both she and her mother were wrong for wah they said. But she didn't wanna agree.

so now we haven't talked for the past week nd if i see her message I delete em, cz she doesn't wanna apologize.

So that's why I need advice. is what I said really wrong? And should I really continue with this relationship cz her "Nigerian Feminist" tendencies for the past couple of months have been a bit much, I.e. she can never be wrong in her own mind (of recent she's started befriending all these instagram savage girls and girls who can't keep a stable relationship of their own, and it's been affecting the way she thinks).

you are a sissy ass nigga
Re: Did I Insult Her Mother? What Should I Do? by Shugavee(f): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
Quam7even:
Hey I need advice.

I've been dating a girl (not my tribe) I'm from the South south and she's Yoruba. Although we've been dating for close to 6 years (since after secondary school through Uni till now), I'm still trying to come to terms with her culture and all.

So by God's grace a couple months back I was able to get a Job (lik 200k basic plus benefits and all) with a multinational company. I just completed my NYSC in July FYI. I told my babe and all we were happy. fast forward to last week wen she was gisting me about how she was talking to her mum about me and her mum said that the money im getting is small, as she finished telling me what her mother said I said God Forbid and back to sender, as an MFM boi na. to my surprise my own babe then called me an idiot and that my statement was foolish.

I'm not gonna form hard guy, cz honestly I apologized to her if she took my God forbid prayer as an insult to her mumsi, but I cleared her that she as my babe had no right to call me names, as I've never called her names before.

Naso she begin para nd told me she will use any words she deems fit if i insult her parents. Tried to get her to see that God Forbid and back to sender ain't an insult and both she and her mother were wrong for wah they said. But she didn't wanna agree.

so now we haven't talked for the past week nd if i see her message I delete em, cz she doesn't wanna apologize.

So that's why I need advice. is what I said really wrong? And should I really continue with this relationship cz her "Nigerian Feminist" tendencies for the past couple of months have been a bit much, I.e. she can never be wrong in her own mind (of recent she's started befriending all these instagram savage girls and girls who can't keep a stable relationship of their own, and it's been affecting the way she thinks).

apology for doing what? This didn’t require an apology... u would hv said this angrily don’t discuss my earnings with ur mom Or any other person again.

That would hv sent the message

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Kiss Me For 21 Million naira? Regina Daniel Shares Ugly Pix / Ladies; Can U Sleep With A Man U Did Not Love Nor Have Feeling For. / Is This Normal Or Spiritual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.