Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. (31822 Views)

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / What Is The Flood Situation In Your Area / Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Josh44s(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
lozanni:

So true.
I often wonder if we have a flood control Master plan. If the flood rises some inches more, the death and destruction will be unimaginable.

Flood control lol? My brother we don’t have standard infrastructure in his country. You are talking of flood control master plan. You don make me laugh go spill my drink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Mbediogu(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
Josh44s:

Are you this f00lish! Will you shut up your dirty mouth if you have nothing sensible to say! That’s nature taking it cause and nothing more. So many senseless people in Nairaland ah swear.

Federal government should come to the aid of Lokoja immediately. People of the south ain’t safe from sea rising, in fact the whole country isn’t safe from flood. God help us cry

The man you insulted spoke the mind of 85% of us!

3 Likes

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Josh44s(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
Mbediogu:

The man you insulted spoke the mind of 85% of us!

Are you the blame the state government alone or Federal government? We all know Kogi state has a very poor government but what is Fed government doing about the displaced people right now? Nothing! This is nature taking it cause bro or is it because you have not waken up one morning to find your entir house filled with flood? Nigeria’s location in Africa puts it at flood risk in case you don’t know. Nature is gradually taking its cause around the globe.
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
Josh44s:

It’s not entirely the duty of the Governor or state government in such cases but Federal government. Especially cases whereby the state government has a poor response performance. If not God who else will me and you cry to if we find ourselves in such situation knowing the kind of leaders we have?

Hmmmmmm........

We should cry out to God o!

And Daddy Freeze will be yammering nonsense about tithe.

Let's give our money to God since He's the one really protecting us, right?

Only thieves like Bello will not even allow salaries to reach us so we can pay tithes!

He's holding all the money yet he can't do a thing for the people.

Mind you, I'm a Christian and I do pay my tithes if I have a salary to pay it from.
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by AmazingELixir: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Reference(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
pacifique:
If the dredging project was successfully executed, all through the Niger and Benue river, and down to Kogi, Anambra, Delta etc, there would be none of this. A true leader ll rise someday, surely.

What nonsense dredging. The amount of material that can be removed in a year will be replaced within hours of a heavy down pour. The Niger has its origins in the deep sahel, that is semi arid regions where vegetation that can retain both mositure and soil is sparse. Same problem the Yangstze in China faces. It is a heavily silted river so what Government's do is to plan around the problem not throw away money needlessly in an attempt to tame one of the greatest forces of nature. What those folks in the affected areas should do is to dyke the river to keep flooding out and control navigation.

Just like the Lekki peninsula and Lagos Island, the battle to keep water out is already lost and it is only a matter if time before it becomes far too expensive to live in these flood prone areas. It is the product of global warming and a climate out of control in its extremities. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by bluefilm: 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
But why will somebody just continue to upload the same picture over and over again...? sad
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Josh44s(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Hmmmmmm........

We should cry out to God o!

And Daddy Freeze will be yammering nonsense about tithe.

Let's give our money to God since He's the one really protecting us, right?

Only thieves like Bello will not even allow salaries to reach us so we can pay tithes!

He's holding all the money yet he can't do a thing for the people.

Mind you, I'm a Christian and I do pay my tithes if I have a salary to pay it from.

Now you are talking bro. Be it a Muslim or Christian, we need God’s prayer o because I see a great natural disaster befalling this world soon. Nature must take its cause and the next extinction level is long overdue.
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by AmazingELixir: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

This is apocalyptic!!
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Ttipsy(f): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
is this a state capital or a village. lol Even villages now are dope
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Jokerman(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
Isn't Lokoja the state capital??
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by AmazingELixir: 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
xbernardx:
This is where we need Dino and Yahaya, not the usual ego war

Need them to do what exactly? undecided
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Rubbiish(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
Josh44s:

Are you this f00lish! Will you shut up your dirty mouth if you have nothing sensible to say! That’s nature taking it cause and nothing more. So many senseless people in Nairaland ah swear.

Federal government should come to the aid of Lokoja immediately. People of the south ain’t safe from sea rising, in fact the whole country isn’t safe from flood. God help us cry
No matter how f00lish u try to sound, from salary to road to everything that state is zero...i sorry for people living there...

1 Like

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by lakesider(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
jieta:
what do you expect from a state who have dino malaye as its senator and yahaya bello who only ambition is to die for buhari.

Will Dino stop the rain
. Many Nigerians no get sense... Including Dino..
Flood is natural disaster
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Rubbiish(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2018
tboycares:
And why do we still have flood in the US if you base it on the performance of a government.
Oga stop mentioning USA when we are talking abt kogi state.
What abt salaries, roads...anyone that passed through kogi state going or coming from abuja will understand what i am talking about. that state should be a local govt.

1 Like

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by pacifique(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2018
Reference:

What nonsense dredging. The amount of material that can be removed in a year will be replaced within hours of a heavy down pour. The Niger has its origins in the deep sahel, that is semi arid regions where vegetation that can retain both mositure and soil is sparse. Same problem the Yangstze in China faces. It is a heavily silted river so what Government's do is to plan around the problem not throw away money needlessly in an attempt to tame one of the greatest forces of nature. What those folks in the affected areas should do is to dyke the river to keep flooding out and control navigation.

Just like the Lekki peninsula and Lagos Island, the battle to keep water out is already lost and it is only a matter if time before it becomes far too expensive to live in these flood prone areas. It is the product of global warming and a climate out of control in its extremities. Too bad.

Well, I don't have to insult your view as you did. But know that dredging would have done more good than you think. Moreso, the free and deep water ways ll open up for more business. Imagine having a ship with good from Lagos through the water to other parts of the country.... Just think deep, you ll know more. Not just solving the surface problems but the grassroots.

1 Like

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Rubbiish(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
lakesider:

Will Dino stop the rain
. Many Nigerians no get sense... Including Dino..
Flood is natural disaster
Regardless of flood...kogi seem like a cursed state.
The retrogression is too high
Haven't see the name of that state mentioned for anything good for once...flooding today, salary tomorrow...smh
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by AmazingELixir: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
jieta:
what do you expect from a state who have dino malaye as its senator and yahaya bello who only ambition is to die for buhari.

undecided

My friend zip up your shit hole you call mouth on topics you don't understand, if you've been listening to the the news you would have been privy to the NIMET and Nigerian hydrological agency forcast on the impending flooding.

Maybe, you just would have saved yourself this public embarrassment you call post.
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by summerky: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rubbiish:
This is serious...Why is this state so backward in terms of everything? From salary to roads, look at all the structures shown in d above pics, all outdated...I weep for kogi state...Their governor deserves an award for poor performance...

Lmao
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by OvaSabi1(f): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
daveP:
The water level has steadily been rising each day in Lokoja, and now the if care is not taken.... well let's hope measures are taken.

So far, those that left early are at the mercy of home burglars that cart away valuables.

Lalasticlala

Is this Adankolo? Where is this?
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rubbiish:
This is serious...Why is this state so backward in terms of everything? From salary to roads, look at all the structures shown in d above pics, all outdated...I weep for kogi state...Their governor deserves an award for poor performance...

Mr Rubiish. So Governor is to blame for the flood
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by tiredoflife(m): 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
awa:
Global warming

Nope the Bible says in the last days the sun will get hotter
Scientists don't believe God so they would rather say global warming cool
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by daveP(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
OvaSabi1:

Is this Adankolo? Where is this?
Yeah it is, out to the river. You're in Lokoja?
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by Seetto: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
Some states need to be auctioned.

1 Like

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by daveP(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
...This was yesterday. now it's all child play compared to today.

Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by xbernardx(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
AmazingELixir:

Save the masses by investing stolen common wealth into digging drainages
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by xbernardx(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
AmazingELixir:

Save the masses by investing stolen common wealth into digging drainages.
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by jieta: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
lakesider:

Will Dino stop the rain . Many Nigerians no get sense... Including Dino.. Flood is natural disaster
see mumu when get sense.
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by omoelerin1: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

You get it wrong.
That issue is not about a particular state. Is their any state where such structure does not exist? I can see your governor who is building modern houses for his people. I think he deserves to be awarded for excellence performance.
You had better weep for your state before weeping for Kogi.

Nonsense
Re: Updates From The Lokoja Flood Situation. by meforyou1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

because they have been having useless governors since late Audu left

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? / Harrison Gwamnishu Builds House For Parents For Their Support When He Was Jailed / Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.