Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Do You Truly Desire God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Truly Desire God? (375 Views)

Desire God's Mercy / Are You Truly Serving God? / Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Truly Desire God? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Do You Desire God?
by Paul Washer of HeartCry Missionary on July 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSq7mABZGE&index=22&list=PL3cZ_Y3u9y-Y6SAZXrVl9kWOhKk7_6FaO&t=0s

Transcript

I don’t believe love is just doing the right thing; I don’t believe love is just keeping commandments; and I don’t believe love is just being patient and kind and …

That’s what love looks like when it walks and talks but that’s not love. Love is passion. Let me ask you a question: "Do You Have A Passion For God? Do You Desire Him? Do You Long For Him?"

Yes, we all go through times in which our hearts are dull. Yes, we go through times when we need to be encouraged. Yes, we all go through times when our eyes are mesmerized by things they should not be. Yes, we all struggle in that. But if someone were to look at your life, would they say, "This person has a passion, not for ministry, not for missions, not for evangelism, but for God."

The sign of a genuine work of God in the heart is that you began to hate the sin you once loved and to love the righteousness you once ignored. The question is not, "Do you agree with that?", or "Are you challenged?" The question is, "Is that a reality in your life? Is it?"

Young lady, young man; elderly woman, elderly man; middle-aged man in the prime of life: Is it a reality in your life? Are you continuing to grow in your hatred of sin and your love for righteousness? That’s the question.

So it’s not a question, "Do you want to do the right thing?" or "Do you want to be moral?" or "Do you want to have a good life?" It is this: "Do you desire Him?"

I HATE preaching that goes something like this: “You know you've got a wonderful life there, yuppie. You've got a really nice house, a really nice job; and you got a really beautiful wife, and you've got 1,2,5 children. And you've got three cars, and Subarus and Suburbans, and you just have a great job. You got a great life. Everything fits perfectly in place. You just lack one thing: you lack Jesus."

That is the most disgusting thing that you could ever say.

What would be more appropriate to say is, "Sir, your life is nothing. It has no value at all apart from Jesus Christ." He is not some little accessory that a yuppie puts on top of his life as though it were cherry on top of ice cream. You have Jesus, and Jesus has you, or you are barren and wasted and lost. So it’s not a question of “Do you want a better life?”, “Do you want to go to heaven?”, “Do you want to fix your marriage?”, “Do you want all these things?” No. Do you want God? Do you desire Him?

Everyone knows they are a sinner. They just don’t realize how heinous and terrible that is. Nor do they want to let go of the very thing that they choose to drink down as though it were water. You see the question is not, “Do you recognize you are a sinner?” The question is, “Sir, as I was speaking to you," or maybe it’s long term discipleship over a period of time, “Sir, as I have been sharing with you and discipling you, what has God done to your heart?”

People come to me all the time and say, “I have a new relationship with God.” And I'll say, “Do you have a new relationship with sin? because if you do not have a new relationship with sin, you don’t have a new relationship with God.”

Has God done such a supernatural work in your heart, through the Holy Spirit, that although prior to that you lived a life of ignoring God, of hating God, you now see Him as esteemed above all things, and you desire Him above all things.

God is infinite. Heaven will be an infinite chase, an infinite tracking down of the glories of God. But most don’t want that. Even most who attend evangelical churches don’t really want that, and I can prove it: they don’t want it now. If you don’t want it now, you won’t want it then. Because eternal life doesn’t begin with dying and going to heaven. He says in John 17:3 that "this is eternal life, that they may know You". Know You. And that begins the moment He regenerates your heart and reveals to you His Son.

Do you desire Him?
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by Martinez19(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2018
Humans don't deserve such pathetic human construct(God).
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Martinez19:

THE WORST IDĮOTS ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SAY DUMB THINGS LIKE "I AM NOTHING WITHOUT GOD. WITHOUT HIM I AM HOPELESS".

THOSE KINDS OF STATEMENTS MAKE ME LOSE MANNERS, AND REGARDS FOR THE PERSON WHO ATTRIBUTES HIS/HER SURVIVAL AND PERSONAL EFFORTS IN THIS CRUEL HARSH WORLD TO A SILLY JEWISH INITIATED IDEA, AND ISN'T ASHAMED TO PUBLICLY PROCLAIM IT. FAM FOR REAL PEOPLE DISAPPOINT ME. .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by DeSepiero(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE WORST IDĮOTS ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SAY DUMB THINGS LIKE "I AM NOTHING WITHOUT GOD. WITHOUT HIM I AM HOPELESS".

THOSE KINDS OF STATEMENTS MAKE ME LOSE MANNERS, AND REGARDS FOR THE PERSON WHO ATTRIBUTES HIS/HER SURVIVAL AND PERSONAL EFFORTS IN THIS CRUEL HARSH WORLD TO A SILLY JEWISH INITIATED IDEA, AND ISN'T ASHAMED TO PUBLICLY PROCLAIM IT. FAM FOR REAL PEOPLE DISAPPOINT ME. .

It's more silly when they replace God with JESUS

1 Like

Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by sonmvayina(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
God is within us.. Not outside of us.. We are Gods on a human journey or walking a human path..
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2018
Martinez19:

CAPSLOCKED:

You both speak this way because you do not know the Living God. If you knew Him and realized that every breath you breathe comes from Him, you wouldn't be fighting against Him like a dying patient trying to rip off the oxygen machine that sustains them every second.

May I suggest the following link for you to read at your free time: A Sermon on Christ for Atheists.
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
DeSepiero:

It's more silly when they replace God with JESUS

The Lord Jesus Christ is also known as God the Son – the second person of the trinitarian Godhead consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2018
sonmvayina:
God is within us.. Not outside of us.. We are Gods on a human journey or walking a human path..

We are not Gods. We are but men and women... frail, weak, fading humanity.

God is infinitely distinct and separate from man and indeed all of His creation.
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by Martinez19(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
ovaltine22:

You both speak this way because you do not know the Living God. If you knew Him and realized that every breath you breathe comes from Him, you wouldn't be fighting against Him like a dying patient trying to rip off the oxygen machine that sustains them every second.
So you know the living God?
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2018
ovaltine22:

You speak this way because you do not know the Living God. If you knew Him and realized that every breath you breathe comes from Him, you wouldn't be fighting against Him like a dying patient trying to rip off the oxygen machine that sustains them every second.

AND YOU "KNOW" THIS LIVING GOD? HOW? BECAUSE YOUR MOMMY CONSTANTLY TOLD YOU ABOUT HIM WHEN YOU WERE GROWING UP? YOUR NEIGHBORS, LOCAL PLACE OF WORSHIP AND SCHOOL TEACHERS KEPT SINGING ABOUT HIM TO YOU, AND NOW YOU FEEL YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS LIVING GOD IS THE ACCURATE ONE?

WHAT IF YOUR MOMMY WAS SHIPPED OFF TO GREECE WHEN SHE WAS PREGNANT WITH YOU AND YOU GREW UP TO KNOW PTOLEMY, OR DYONOSIS FROM THE SCHOOL TEACHERS AND NEIGHBORS AS THE ONE TRUE GOD?

THE AIR I BREATHE DOESN'T COME FROM ANY DEITY, BUT FROM THE EVER GENEROUS EARTH. THANKS TO THE PHYTOPLANKTONS AS WELL... CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT WE CAN EVER DO WITHOUT THEM.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
ovaltine22:

The Lord Jesus Christ is also known as God the Son – the second person of the trinitarian Godhead consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

HOW DO YOU IMAGINE THIS GARBAGE AND YOUR BRAIN DOESN'T HURT?
I ALMOST GOT CANCER FROM READING THIS.

1 Like

Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2018
ovaltine22:

We are not Gods. We are but men and women... frail, weak, fading humanity.

God is infinitely distinct and separate from man and indeed all of His creation.

Read and understand genesis chapters 1&2...without it, the Bible will not make sense to you..
Read also psalm 82..we are spiritual beings having a human experience... God is in us we are in God...

I know it is over you.. Don't worry, keep studying when you old enough you will learn.. Continue to drink your milk, when you grow teeth, you can then eat meat.. Till then..
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
sonmvayina:

Read and understand genesis chapters 1&2...without it, the Bible will not make sense to you..
Read also psalm 82..we are spiritual beings having a human experience... God is in us we are in God...

I know it is over you.. Don't worry, keep studying when you old enough you will learn.. Continue to drink your milk, when you grow teeth, you can then eat meat.. Till then..

I understand you. By virtue of the fact that we are God's creation, He is in us, and we are in Him.

What you should say is that His image is in all mankind since all men and women are made in the image of God.
Re: Do You Truly Desire God? by sonmvayina(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
ovaltine22:

I understand you. By virtue of the fact that we are God's creation, He is in us, and we are in Him.

What you should say is that His image is in all mankind since all men and women are made in the image of God.

Ok.. Why did you abandon your traditional heritage for a Jewish /roman one.. Do you have any knowledge of your heritage?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Suratul Nabah - Beautiful Quran Recitation With English Translation / The Danger Of Earpiece / Who Can Explain This Biblical Verse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.