Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? (489 Views)

Only Men Can Love A Woman Without Money / How Many Types Of Marriage Are Legal In Nigeria? Is Yours Legal? / 10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
I might be ignorant on this issue, yes but has anyone of you heard of or seen a woman who has a will?

Over the past few months I've been wondering about it if wills are only meant for men/designed for men.
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2018
LordKO, what are your thoughts?
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by babyfaceafrica: 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2018
I know women who have will!!!..as long as she has assets and properties with her name..she can call a lawyer to do the needful
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
I know women who have will!!!..as long as she has assets and properties with her name..she can call a lawyer to do the needful

Are you serious?
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by babyfaceafrica: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
Elder001:

Are you serious?
yes
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Eketem: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
Women die too and a lot have work and assets they should have wills.

A lot of women have wills but very few mention their husbands or give them any sort of control over their assets same women who will advocate for men to make them sole Beneficiary and executioners
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
Eketem:
Women die too and a lot have work and assets they should have wills.

A lot of women have wills but very few mention their husbands or give them any sort of control over their assets same women who will advocate for men to make them sole Beneficiary and executioners

Doesn't mean whether they will anything to men or not.

My reason for creating this thread is that I've never heard of or seen any Nigerian woman who has a will. Legal will/testament is like a man stuff in Africa because women don't see the need for it
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Eketem: 3:38am On Sep 16, 2018
Elder001:

Doesn't mean whether they will anything to men or not.

My reason for creating this thread is that I've never heard of or seen any Nigerian woman who has a will. Legal will/testament is like a man stuff in Africa because women don't see the need for it

They need it, many women especially single mothers and widows have wills. A will is not a public document but ask lawyers who draft wills they will tell you
Re: Are Legal Wills/testaments Meant For Only Men? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2018
Eketem:

They need it, many women especially single mothers and widows have wills. A will is not a public document but ask lawyers who draft wills they will tell you

It'll be a ratio of 3 to 10.

(1) (Reply)

. / What Is Going On With Parenting In Nigeria? / Nigerian Brothers Arrested In Jussie Smollett Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.