Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! (1702 Views)

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! by babyfaceafrica: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2018
johndwayy:

LOL grin grin
Bros what if you're the one that cheated, won't you forgive yourself? This thing can happen to anyone, so let's be careful what we say.
I hate cheating and don't condone it.. But I also believe in forgiveness base on genuine repentance and willingness to get help. From comments here, it's as if someone that cheated has HIV and can't be a normal person again, because of the fallacious assumption that once a cheat is always a cheat.. It's not true and so unfortunate that that's what most of us believe.
except voodoo.. I can never cheat..please speak for yourself please!!!!...I am.not sinless or a saint..but there are certain things I avoid.. I put people in my shoes.l..before taking action..... and if peradventure I cheat..I won't forgive myself for ever!!
Re: Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! by babyfaceafrica: 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
johndwayy:

Point of correction.. Love conquers all.. That's the truth. We as humans err daily and fall into errors.. But it's our willingness to change and become a better person that's what matters. There's no sin that's greater than any, they are all the same. Both cheating, manipulation, assault and abuse, dishonesty and lies etc... I'm not trying to hold brief for anyone oh, particularly perpetual cheaters, but if anyone does wrong and acknowledges his/her wrongdoing and also willing to change and turn a new leaf, why should the person not be forgiven and given a second chance? Yes, trust would definitely be reduced to zero level, but with time, actions, words and doings, and genuine commitment from the person that cheated, it'll gradually be restored and go back to normal.. I'm also talking from personal experience.
Have you asked yourself.. What if you cheat on your partner? Will you kill yourself and refuse to forgive yourself? I know cheating is not something that just happens, it's a process and very calculated and done in secrecy.. But the truth is, it does happen and can actually happen to anyone. So we should acknowledge all these and focus nore on the reason why it happened particularly if the person involved is showing signs of regret and repentance. Of course, it's easy to forgive but not to forget, because it's like a wound and trust was betrayed.. But I still maintain that if the person is genuinely sorry for his/her actions and shows it, becomes more open and transparent in everything he/she does, why not take back the person and start building trust? Instead going all over to start a new relationship with no guarantee whether the new partner won't cheat or not.
Lastly, any partner that lies, abuse or assaults, is dishonest, manipulates and have any of those negative stuffs will eventually cheat, cos the tendency is there. Cheating is not exclusive at all.
love does not conquer all abeg..and cheating cannot happen to anyone,except rape cases which isn't considered cheating itself...Jo one is saying one ain is greater than another,but what everyone can put up with is different...some people's heart is fragile..so once broken cannot be mended..that is why some people find it hard to love and trust people because they don't want to be disappointed.. once they are dissapointed they shut down emotionally... it is better not to cheat on those kind of people than to cheat and beg them for forgiveness, because even if they accept,it will take an Herculean task for such relationship to get back to normal.A relationship that lacks trust and faithfulness is not worth it..... some people can live with repented cheaters some cannot...we all are not the same
Re: Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! by johndwayy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
except voodoo.. I can never cheat..please speak for yourself please!!!!...I am.not sinless or a saint..but there are certain things I avoid.. I put people in my shoes.l..before taking action..... and if peradventure I cheat..I won't forgive myself for ever!!

Hmmmm.. It is well.
Re: Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! by johndwayy(m): 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
love does not conquer all abeg..and cheating cannot happen to anyone,except rape cases which isn't considered cheating itself...Jo one is saying one ain is greater than another,but what everyone can put up with is different...some people's heart is fragile..so once broken cannot be mended..that is why some people find it hard to love and trust people because they don't want to be disappointed.. once they are dissapointed they shut down emotionally... it is better not to cheat on those kind of people than to cheat and beg them for forgiveness, because even if they accept,it will take an Herculean task for such relationship to get back to normal.A relationship that lacks trust and faithfulness is not worth it..... some people can live with repented cheaters some cannot...we all are not the same
Are you a Christian? Secondly.. I want to say it's better for you to know now that no human is infallible and anything can happen at any time.. So you saying you can't forgive yourself if you cheat is shocking and unreal.
Re: Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! by babyfaceafrica: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
johndwayy:

Are you a Christian? Secondly.. I want to say it's better for you to know now that no human is infallible and anything can happen at any time.. So you saying you can't forgive yourself if you cheat is shocking and unreal.
oga how can someone cheat on someone he loves and who is faithful to him and the person will forgive himself...I take betrayal seriously... we ain't saints..but a man should be principled and be able to be trusted
Re: Cheating Has No Place In Marriage!!! by johndwayy(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
oga how can someone cheat on someone he loves and who is faithful to him and the person will forgive himself...I take betrayal seriously... we ain't saints..but a man should be principled and be able to be trusted
Well.. I perfectly understand your point and your stand.. Cheating in marriage is abominable and utterly wicked.. But I'm also of the opinion that the human nature is not infallible and even if we express and profess genuine love for our partners, it is still possible that we might hurt them either intentionally or not (funny enough) and later realize our fault...and if there's total regret and genuine commitment to change from the part of the person that cheated, I feel they should be forgiven and gradually build back the trust and love in the union.. Though it won't be easy, but it is possible. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Home Needs To Be Powered With Solar Energy System / I Want To Make My Marriage Work — Battered Wife Of Channels TV Staff / Strictly Married Men And Women Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.