Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,201 members, 7,780,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:53 PM

Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) (36277 Views)

Samsung S22 Ultra Unboxing And Camera Comparison With Iphone 13 Pro Max (photos) / Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) / Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
TechCapon

So after sending out a tweet to Tim Cook few days before the Apple Event, I wasn’t invited but that shouldn’t surprise you that much, I’m a big bad Android lover, yeah I’m not a hardcore iPhone fan, Lol. I guess he wanted me to watch the event via twitter. Well, I’m happy I watched the event online and I really analysed the 3 new iPhone series because here at techcapon.com, we have all the details of all the products that were launched that day and I’m here to give my verdict. Well, I’m not here to tell you the latest iPhone series is not great, NO. I think they’re fantastic, they have a lot of good specs but as for me, I’m not going to be singing all that praise right now in this post. I’ll do that in another post or better still, leave that to all other tech bloggers but for now let me tell you the top 5 things I don’t like about them.

1. NO FINGERPRINT SCANNER/ HOME BUTTON.

Just the same way Apple removed the 3.5mm jack without thinking about our feelings or our opinions, they gone ahead to remove that iconic round home button that iPhone users love so much which also doubles as a fingerprint scanner. I guess they want to give the phone a new edge-to-edge design but a lot of smartphone users are so used to the fingerprint unlock. The round home button give made the iPhone look very pretty and unique. Now they replaced it with Face ID, meaning you must either use the Face ID to unlock your phone or the old school password feature. How insensitive of Apple.

2. BAD NAMES (XR, XS and XS MAX)

Yeah, you’re not the only one who thinks these new iPhones have really weird names. A lot of us techies do also. I mean what was Apple thinking when they came out with bad names like these ? What kind of naming is that ? XR, XS and XS MAX. Lol, try pronouncing those names 5 times consecutively and see if you won’t bite your tongue. What does XR even mean ? X-RATED or what. I think there are better names Apple should have adopted like the iPhone X Pro, iPhone 2X, or even iPhone Max and not XR, XS an XS MAX. Jesus.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
TechCapon

3. PRICE $$$

okay, after much outcry from the masses for Apple to give us an affordable iPhone, I guess they finally listened to our cry and announced that a cheaper “budget” iPhone will be coming. The new was received with wild jubilation and expectations were high. Finally the “budget” phone is here, the iPhone XR, and guess what ? There’s nothing budget about the price of this phone at all. The XR is the cheapest of them all and it starts at $749 (N270,000) for 64GB, with 128GB and 256GB also available for $799 (N290,000) and $899 (N330,000) Approx while The premium XS is $1000. The worst part of it for me is the fact that it doesn’t even have OLED display, it comes with LCD (Liquid Retina). I don’t know when a $750 smartphone became a budget smartphone unless the meaning of budget has changed in the dictionary.

POWER and BATTERY

If you are expecting a huge battery in this phones sorry to burst you bubble. Apple refuses to tell anyone what the sizes of their battery is. They just say the battery is a built in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with fast charge capabilities (except the XR). Talk time of up to 20-25 hours bla bla bla. Just tell us the battery size and save us the long story. Well I guess the battery is not going to be all that especially with the XS MAX with massive 6.5 inch OLED display. Experience has taught me to forget what you see on paper.

Design

The design I see on these new iPhones are really disappointing. As a tech blogger I have reviewed smartphones with much better designs than what Apple is offering us right now. There’s really no big improvement on the designs, the notch is still there at the top, a really “big” notch. The only impressive thing I like about the iPhone XR is the fact that it has a wide varieties of colors to choose from (red, blue, gold, black, white).

My Final Verdict

Unless you’re a real HARDCORE APPLE FAN, otherwise I don’t see any reason to upgrade. Apple is definitely going to record big sales this year as usual but I think they have a lot of work to do. They really need to start listening to their fans to know what they really want because Android makers are not smiling at all. As of now, it’s not easy to explain to buyers why these phones are worth buying.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/top-5-things-i-hate-about-the-new-iphone-xr-xs-and-xs-max-photos/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by lastbaff(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
cool
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

So after sending out a tweet to Tim Cook few days before the Apple Event, I wasn’t invited but that shouldn’t surprise you that much, I’m a big bad Android lover, yeah I’m not a hardcore iPhone fan, Lol. I guess he wanted me to watch the event via twitter. Well, I’m happy I watched the event online and I really analysed the 3 new iPhone series because here at techcapon.com, we have all the details of all the products that were launched that day and I’m here to give my verdict. Well, I’m not here to tell you the latest iPhone series is not great, NO. I think they’re fantastic, they have a lot of good specs but as for me, I’m not going to be singing all that praise right now in this post. I’ll do that in another post or better still, leave that to all other tech bloggers but for now let me tell you the top 5 things I don’t like about them.

Just the same way Apple removed the 3.5mm jack without thinking about our feelings or our opinions, they gone ahead to remove that iconic round home button that iPhone users love so much which also doubles as a fingerprint scanner. I guess they want to give the phone a new edge-to-edge design but a lot of smartphone users are so used to the fingerprint unlock. The round home button give made the iPhone look very pretty and unique. Now they replaced it with Face ID, meaning you must either use the Face ID to unlock your phone or the old school password feature. How insensitive of Apple.

Yeah, you’re not the only one who thinks these new iPhones have really weird names. A lot of us techies do also. I mean what was Apple thinking when they came out with bad names like these ? What kind of naming is that ? XR, XS and XS MAX. Lol, try pronouncing those names 5 times consecutively and see if you won’t bite your tongue. What does XR even mean ? X-RATED or what. I think there are better names Apple should have adopted like the iPhone X Pro, iPhone 2X, or even iPhone Max and not XR, XS an XS MAX. Jesus.

Lol, because Apple don't want u calling them iPhone X but iPhone 10. So iPhone 10s, iPhone 10s Max and iPhone 10sR. Now that sounds better. No denying the names sound weird though because most people will be calling them iPhone x

19 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
Stop telling lies... The top 5 things you hate are:

1. The price

2. The price

3. The price

4. The price again

5. The fvcking price!

250 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, because Apple don't want u calling them iPhone X but iPhone 10. So iPhone 10s, iPhone 10s Max and iPhone 10sR. Now that sounds better. No denying the names sound weird though because most people will be calling them iPhone x
most people won't call them 10. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Olodo24: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
that home button made me love the iPhones so much. And yes, their names are off. As for their prices, I accepted it long time ago that Apple phones aren't for the poor and needy.

Again the removal of home button and their given names don't make sense. We need something highly attractive. Samsung need to drop the Galaxy thing and rename their future phones. The Galaxy phones all have basically same design sef.

funny how I feel that Infinix, Meizu, Gionee, Elephone and even tecno has better designs than the Samsung Galaxy devices. At least, the designs of the phones from those manufacturers differ

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
Olodo24:
that home button made me love the iPhones so much. And yes, their names are off. As for their prices, I accepted it long time ago that Apple phones aren't for the poor and needy.

Again the removal of home button and their given names don't make sense. We need something highly attractive. Samsung need to drop the Galaxy thing and rename their future phones. The Galaxy phones all have basically same design sef.

funny how I feel that Infinix, Meizu, Gionee, Elephone and even tecno has better designs than the Samsung Galaxy devices. At least, the designs of the phones from those manufacturers differ
mehn that home button removal pained a lot of people. That is the iPhone symbol, you need to read the comments on twitter. iPhone should be careful, Huawei has beaten them, more companies will beat them in future if they don't get their acts together

21 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by pheranme9(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
let me start from iphone 7 nd 8 no difference except processors likewise iphone x nd the new 1...of you're using iphone 7 b4 no need for going to 8 but u can go to iphone x but if you're using iphone x before no need for going to d new 1 because they're still the same only more expensive nd people can't tell d difference sef...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Ejadike(m): 12:25am On Sep 16, 2018
This iPhone sef... They Sha want people to be pursuing them up and down. I'll just stick with my TECNO Spark2, I don't have strength abeg

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Ejadike(m): 12:28am On Sep 16, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
Stop telling lies... The top 5 things you hate are:

1. The price

2. The price

3. The price

4. The price

5. The price
the price is good enough to scare people away na

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by wiseone28: 1:26am On Sep 16, 2018
BUT WAIT O...WHO SABI TECHCAPON FOR APPLE EVENT..CAN YOU SHOW US THE TWEET YOU SENT TO TIM COOK OR YOU JUST COPIED SOMEONE'S WRITING AS YOUR OWN? angry

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by naijacentric(m): 2:01am On Sep 16, 2018
Overated thrash samsung is king

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by meobizy(f): 6:09am On Sep 16, 2018
It's good they removed the useless home button. The two models I've used always had the buttons broken. I don't know why.
I'm sad they removed the fingerprint scanner. I would have preferred if they made the whole screen able to scan fingerprints, them for finish work there. I'm excited at this new set of phone models. Kai, see my 250k X which was stolen a few months after release will soon drop in value. Such is life, nothing is static.
I know Apple very well, the phones will have terrible battery life as usual. The name scheme is rubbish but people will adjust.

10 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by TechCapon(m): 6:48am On Sep 16, 2018
meobizy:
It's good they removed the useless home button. The two models I've used always had the buttons broken. I don't know why.
I'm sad they removed the fingerprint scanner. I would have preferred if they made the whole screen able to scan fingerprints, them for finish work there. I'm excited at this new set of phone models. Kai, see my 250k X which was stolen a few months after release will soon drop in value. Such is life, nothing is static.
I know Apple very well, the phones will have terrible battery life as usual. The name scheme is rubbish but people will adjust.
an in display fingerprint sensor would have been perfect. They need to improve on the battery department

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Yeecar(m): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2018
They really need to work more on Customer feed back.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by nabegibeg: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

show me the one thing you have invented

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nasri100(m): 7:53am On Sep 16, 2018
As you said: 'Apple is definitely going to record big sales this year as usual'

End of story.

cheesy cheesy grin

10 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by sinaj(f): 7:53am On Sep 16, 2018

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by horlatunes: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2018
are they trying to teach us Roman figures? I smh

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by NobodyKnows(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2018
That fingerprint spoil the show for me .
I’m ok with my iphone7 tongue
Thank you
And they’re all expensive asf too angry
I know for sure ,Apple will still bring back the fingerprint in the future . But probably an onscreen sensor this time .

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Thank you! The guy doesn't even know that X is a roman numeral of 10. It's pronounced as 10s, not Xs.

14 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Ezegozie(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2018
They will still rush and buy it. Anything apple always command respect
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:03am On Sep 16, 2018
I agree with no1
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by nepapole(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2018
make i dey rock my Nokia dey go. wetin concern me with iphone.
#Team Nokia

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Palmerbarry: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2018
That price though angry
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Ishilove: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Thank you! The guy don't even know that X is a roman numeral of 10. It's pronounced as 10s, not Xs.
You Sabi book o. I have forgotten all that Roman numeral ish they taught me in primary school.

I, ii, III, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix, x, xi, xii, xii, xiii, ixx, iixxxxx...

Chaiiii, sense wee no kee me! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by NobodyKnows(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2018
meobizy:
Of course they will make a part of the screen be able to capture fingerprints in the future.
As a new update . So people will rush it again.
Mehn these Apple people. Dem be thieves !

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2018
Ishilove:

You Sabi book o. I have forgotten all that Roman numeral ish they taught me in primary school.

I, ii, III, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix, x, xi, xii, xii, xiii, ixx, iixxxxx...

Chaiiii, sense wee no kee me! cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by point5: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2018
E pain me on da finger print scanner removal...dey for make am screen finger print scanner..e make sens pass..but wetin concern me on how say I kn say I no dey rush any of d X series ..
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by kullozone(m): 8:14am On Sep 16, 2018
That year I bought iPhone7, I almost committed suicide because of it... very useless brand. It took me more than a month to decide whether to break it or give it out, because I felt giving someone that kind of phone was evil.

Never again will I try any iPhonesmiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno CAMON 16 Premier (N116k) Vs Redmi Note 9S (N97,000): Full Comparison / Which Power Bank Are You Using & How Satisfied Are You With It? / See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.