Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) (36378 Views)

Samsung S22 Ultra Unboxing And Camera Comparison With Iphone 13 Pro Max (photos) / Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) / Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by mosesjida(m): 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
salford1:

Google has got nothing on apple. Apple has a cult like following.
Their only real competition right now is Samsung.
na true she bro....it may not be among d most sold brands bt is sure a nightmare for Apple in the
US
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by salford1: 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

LG ships their phones with fast chargers but Apple doesn't. They want you to buy everything. You buy 1000 usd phone and the box is literally empty, you will have to buy dongles, airpods, fast chargers etc.

They will eventually remove screen and speakers then sell them separately
grin grin grin dem dey mad ni.
Another reason i would just stick to my LG. Samsung and Apple have become something else. Samsung includes premium earbuds and fast chargers in their box though.
Found fast charger on amazon for $16. I guess anyone that can afford a $1000 phone might as well spend $16 for the charger. I did not even know they are now very cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by NobodyKnows(m): 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

This is nonsense too right? What's the difference?
ollah2:

Read objectively and logically and not emotionally
The same way you read the post below objectively and logically abi ?
Assholes everywhere . Maybe I should put it in bold so you can assimilate it this time .
greenhulk:

iPhone 6 and 6s, same design, internal upgrades (normal with Apple). iPhone 7 is completely different from iPhone 6/6s. Haba, they even changed the capacitive home button, added water resistance and removed antenna band on the back. Even an 8 yr old can tell which is iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 from afar so how is that same design? iPhone 8 is iPhone 7 design just that the 8 has a glass back, again normal 2 yrs design change. All 4 phones have the iPhone footprint, just like any Samsung flagship phone would have the Samsung footprint.

And the media are not taking it lightly with apple for not making design change, even a lot of top tech YouTubers and bloggers have vowed not to buy the new iPhones. But it is something we have become user to, only a paranoid person would think apple are going to make a drastic design change with the new set of iPhones. I mean iPhone x is still one of the most beautiful phones out there.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
salford1:

Another reason i would just stick to my LG. Samsung and Apple have become something else. Samsung includes premium earbuds and fast chargers in their box though.
Found fast charger on amazon for $16. I guess anyone that can afford a $1000 phone might as well spend $16 for the charger. I did not even know they are now very cheap.

Samsung and LG ships with it and some bonuses joins it sometimes but not same with Apple though. You pay more for way less
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
NobodyKnows:
The same way you read the post below objectively and logically abi ?
Assholes everywhere . Maybe I should put it in bold so you can assimilate it this time .

How does his statement on iPhone 6 to 8 correlate with this picture? Can you differentiate the phones in this picture without their names below it?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by salford1: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

Samsung and LG ships with it and some bonuses joins it sometimes but not same with Apple though. You pay more for way less
Na wao. LG were even giving out free 40inches led tv for the purchase of LG G7 if pre-ordered in the first 2 weeks.
Samsung also gave out vr googles too for some days when the S8s were released.
They can shove up their iphones where the sun don't shine.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2018
salford1:

Na wao. LG were even giving out free 40inches led tv for the purchase of LG G7 if pre-ordered in the first 3 days or so.
Samsung also gave out vr googles when too S8s were released.
They can shove up their iphones were the sun don't shine.

You will soon be called poor for this comment oo lol
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by salford1: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

grin grin
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by NobodyKnows(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

How does his statement on iPhone 6 to 8 correlate with this picture? Can you differentiate the phones from this picture without the naming convention below it?
https://www.nairaland.com/jokes
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by salford1: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
Op should also add lack of free gift to one of the reasons lol

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
salford1:

But this is wireless fast charger na. That's a luxury no oem Will include in the box. And as far as I know only Samsung phones support wireless fast charging at the moment.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by NobodyKnows(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2018
Jumping from one iPhone thread to another spewing trash about about iPhone .
Omo ale
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by salford1: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2018
greenhulk:

But this is wireless fast charger na. That's a luxury no oem Will include in the box. And as far as I know only Samsung phones support wireless fast charging at the moment.
Hopefully it should stop being a luxury since they now sell for the same price as wall fast adapter/ charger. The seller claims it charges iphones though. Maybe it does but not fast. I don't think he is lieing considering the thousands of positive review on his page, but then again. It cost under 20 dollars to buy the wall fast charger.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

How does his statement on iPhone 6 to 8 correlate with this picture? Can you differentiate the phones in this picture without their names below it?

I sure can differentiate between iPhone 6s and 7. The difference is clear, though same design language, but same way galaxy s6 edge and s7 edge has same design language and then s8 and s9, note 8 and note 9 too.

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
kullozone:
That year I bought iPhone7, I almost committed suicide because of it... very useless brand. It took me more than a month to decide whether to break it or give it out, because I felt giving someone that kind of phone was evil.

Never again will I try any iPhonesmiley
I wonder why people spend so much buying this useless thing.it not even the best camera. It can't even compete with Google pixel.smh

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
salford1:

Hopefully it should stop being a luxury since they now sell for the same price as wall fast adapter/ charger. The seller claims it charges iphones though. Maybe it does but not fast. I don't think he is lieing considering the thousands of positive review on his page, but then again. It cost under 20 dollars to buy the wall fast charger.

I never said it won't charge iPhones. It will charge every other phones that support wireless charging normally. And what is normal for wireless charging is slow compared to a normal 2amp charger. In fact it will charge any phones that support wireless charging at 5v 1amp (u can imagine how slow that would be, around 5 hours to charge a normal 3,000mah phone ) It will only fast charge Samsung phones wirelessly, and again fast wireless charging for Samsung phones is almost same with normal 2amp charger but still slow compared to quick charge.

Wireless charging is a convinience that is good to have especially on expensive phones. But if u want to charge ur phone quickly and don't have time to waste u are better off using a fast wired charger. Eg, it takes around 1hr 15 mins to charge a galaxy s9 using the included adaptive wired charger. Now using a fast wireless charger will take around 2 hours 30 mins to charge.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by FitnessAndGoodL: 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
cool
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ejadike:
This iPhone sef... They Sha want people to be pursuing them up and down. I'll just stick with my TECNO Spark2, I don't have strength abeg

Strength or Money undecided
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by texazzpete(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

Are you affiliated with the OP? Because you seem so invested in supporting his rubbish points.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
greenhulk:

I sure can differentiate between iPhone 6s and 7. The difference is clear, though same design language, but same way galaxy s6 edge and s7 edge has same design language and then s8 and s9, note 8 and note 9 too.

You can, an average user can't. S6 edge and s7 edge are totally different devices, size wise the earlier is 5.1 inch while the latter is 5.7.

From the front the s9 and note 9 have lesser bezels and the upper part has a more sensors with holes. The back sides are different entirely too

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
texazzpete:

Are you affiliated with the OP? Because you seem so invested in supporting his rubbish points.

Salford1, you have a message
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by texazzpete(m): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2018
tumababa:

Strength or Money undecided

I just tire. Like clockwork, everytime a new iPhone is announced, they come out of the woodwork with the most poorly researched, downright ludicrous arguments. Mainly stemming from a dire lack of disposable income.

Not just iPhones, to be fair. Some months back, one clown made a topic claiming that buying a 4K TV today is a 'waste of money'.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Samsonklin(m): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

So after sending out a tweet to Tim Cook few days before the Apple Event, I wasn’t invited but that shouldn’t surprise you that much, I’m a big bad Android lover, yeah I’m not a hardcore iPhone fan, Lol. I guess he wanted me to watch the event via twitter. Well, I’m happy I watched the event online and I really analysed the 3 new iPhone series because here at techcapon.com, we have all the details of all the products that were launched that day and I’m here to give my verdict. Well, I’m not here to tell you the latest iPhone series is not great, NO. I think they’re fantastic, they have a lot of good specs but as for me, I’m not going to be singing all that praise right now in this post. I’ll do that in another post or better still, leave that to all other tech bloggers but for now let me tell you the top 5 things I don’t like about them.

1. NO FINGERPRINT SCANNER/ HOME BUTTON.

Just the same way Apple removed the 3.5mm jack without thinking about our feelings or our opinions, they gone ahead to remove that iconic round home button that iPhone users love so much which also doubles as a fingerprint scanner. I guess they want to give the phone a new edge-to-edge design but a lot of smartphone users are so used to the fingerprint unlock. The round home button give made the iPhone look very pretty and unique. Now they replaced it with Face ID, meaning you must either use the Face ID to unlock your phone or the old school password feature. How insensitive of Apple.

2. BAD NAMES (XR, XS and XS MAX)

Yeah, you’re not the only one who thinks these new iPhones have really weird names. A lot of us techies do also. I mean what was Apple thinking when they came out with bad names like these ? What kind of naming is that ? XR, XS and XS MAX. Lol, try pronouncing those names 5 times consecutively and see if you won’t bite your tongue. What does XR even mean ? X-RATED or what. I think there are better names Apple should have adopted like the iPhone X Pro, iPhone 2X, or even iPhone Max and not XR, XS an XS MAX. Jesus.

I just pronounced it 10x but I didn't bite my tongue.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by AntiWailer: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
TechCapon:
mehn that home button removal pained a lot of people. That is the iPhone symbol, you need to read the comments on twitter. iPhone should be careful, Huawei has beaten them, more companies will beat them in future if they don't get their acts together

Huawei beat iPhone

This is a good joke material.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by TechCapon(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
AntiWailer:

Huawei beat iPhone

This is a good joke material.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

You can, an average user can't. S6 edge and s7 edge are totally different devices, size wise the earlier is 5.1 inch while the latter is 5.7.

From the front the s9 and note 9 have lesser bezels and the upper part has a more sensors with holes. The back sides are different entirely too

U can differentiate, an average person can't. And the only difference at the back between s8 and s9 is the fingerprint placement and that was needed because it was akwardly placed on the s8. Meanwhile apple removed antenna band from iPhone 7 and made the back cleaner. If u think changing of the fingerprint sensor placement is more of a change than removing the antenna band then u are not being honest.

In case of the s6 edge and s7 edge, only difference is the size. From the front it's the same thing, from the back s7 edge has more curves, but to someone that is not experienced he might not be able to differentiate unless u keep both side by side.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by tegaever: 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2018
Bros, Apple has removed the fingerprint stuff since iPhone X...so it shouldn't be a surprise to you.

[quote author=TechCapon post=71233120]TechCapon

So after sending out a tweet to Tim Cook few days before the Apple Event, I wasn’t invited but that shouldn’t surprise you that much, I’m a big bad Android lover, yeah I’m not a hardcore iPhone fan, Lol. I guess he wanted me to watch the event via twitter. Well, I’m happy I watched the event online and I really analysed the 3 new iPhone series because here at techcapon.com, we have all the details of all the products that were launched that day and I’m here to give my verdict. Well, I’m not here to tell you the latest iPhone series is not great, NO. I think they’re fantastic, they have a lot of good specs but as for me, I’m not going to be singing all that praise right now in this post. I’ll do that in another post or better still, leave that to all other tech bloggers but for now let me tell you the top 5 things I don’t like about them.

1. NO FINGERPRINT SCANNER/ HOME BUTTON.

Just the same way Apple removed the 3.5mm jack without thinking about our feelings or our opinions, they gone ahead to remove that iconic round home button that iPhone users love so much which also doubles as a fingerprint scanner. I guess they want to give the phone a new edge-to-edge design but a lot of smartphone users are so used to the fingerprint unlock. The round home button give made the iPhone look very pretty and unique. Now they replaced it with Face ID, meaning you must either use the Face ID to unlock your phone or the old school password feature. How insensitive of Apple.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
greenhulk:

U can differentiate, an average person can't. And the only difference at the back between s8 and s9 is the fingerprint placement and that was needed because it was akwardly placed on the s8. Meanwhile apple removed antenna band from iPhone 7 and made the back cleaner. If u think changing of the fingerprint sensor placement is more of a change than removing the antenna band then u are not being honest.

Like I said earlier, s6 edge and s7 edge are entirely different phones and average user can. Becks the basic which is the screen sizes aren't the same. If you check my message well and the image i uploaded, I was talking about the front.

From the front the s8 and s9 look different but not completely different but an average user can. It has smaller bezels and more obvious sensors, I agree the back needed to be changed hence the reason I didn't emphasize it same wirh iPhone. These guys end up in cases anyways so the front is what you are eventually left with.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by SamsonJohn743(m): 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
Hey guys...I have a galaxy s8 which i bought 140k(London use) a month ago but i really want an iPhone, I haven't used any before. am Thinking of swapping my s8 for iPhone 7+ . Any advise concerning this? I'll really appreciate.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
ollah2:

Like I said earlier, s6 edge and s7 edge are entirely different phones and average user can. Becks the basic which is the screen sizes aren't the same. If you check my message well and the image i uploaded, I was talking about the front.

From the front the s8 and s9 look different but not completely different but an average user can. It has smaller bezels and more obvious sensors, I agree the back needed to be changed hence the reason I didn't emphasize it same wirh iPhone. These guys end up in cases anyways so the front is what you are eventually left with.

Yes. They end up in a case which makes it difficult to differentiate between galaxy s6 edge plus and s7 edge unless both are side by side. Same thing with s8 and s9, mare looking at the front without both being side by side u cannot tell which is which unless u are someone that is very familiar with Samsung phones.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Yes. They end up in a case which makes it difficult to differentiate between galaxy s6 edge plus and s7 edge unless both are side by side. Same thing with s8 and s9, mare looking at the front without both being side by side u cannot tell which is which unless u are someone that is very familiar with Samsung phones.

S6 edge plus wasn't the actual flagship unlike S6 edge and s7 edge and s6 edge plus is 5.7 while s7 edge is 5.5 so it's still different even from the front letalone 5.1 of s6 edge.

The sensors and holes in the front makes a difference to average user. Been placed side by side or not iPhone 6 to 8 look extremely similar, heck I didn't even know a friend upgraded his phone from 7 to 8.
Re: Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) by ollah2: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
SamsonJohn743:
Hey guys...I have a galaxy s8 which i bought 140k(London use) a month ago but i really want an iPhone, I haven't used any before. am Thinking of swapping my s8 for iPhone 7+ . Any advise concerning this? I'll really appreciate.

If you choose to buy an iPhone then a generation before the s8 makes no sense imo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Nigerian App You Should Have On Your Phone / Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows / Which Power Bank Are You Using & How Satisfied Are You With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.