Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? (2462 Views)

Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? / Here Are 10 Effective Home Remedies That Can Help Tackle Chest Pain Or Angina / Please Help! I Was Diagonised With Angina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by RSAV: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2018
Please I need medical advice. I have been having this serious chest pain for some months now. The first doctor I met treated me for ulcer after asking some questions. I was given 4 different medications including an Antacid and pain reliever. I was relieved for few weeks. I returned to the doctor after the pain returned and I was given amoxicillin, antacid and pcm. This didn't solve the problem. The pain lingered.

I spoke to a pharmacist friend, who recommended Zinat antibiotic, a stronger antacid and a brand of ibuprofen. This also worked for some weeks.

The serious chest pain returned last week. I then decided to do further research on my own. The pain and feelings I have seem to match Angina. I have been taking garlic, tumeric and lemon juice for 3 days now as recommended treatment for Angina. The articles I read talked about reduced oxygenated blood going to the heart due to blood clotting or plaque in the arteries.

I feel pain in my chest as my heart beats, if I breathe in deeply, it's painful and worse when I lie down or bend.

I have also been discouraged from taking ibuprofen but pcm doesn't seem to relieve this chest pain.

I feel slight relief when I take antacid but the slight relief only lasts a few minutes.

My body temperature also rises occasionally.

Please help...
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by ugomnaanny: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2018
Been having chest pain for 3yrs now, it all started 2015 and lasted till 2017 (visited hospital then n they said it's muscle strain.. did xray n test then.), but it started again 2weeks ago, I didn't take it lightly, I rushed to the hospital and ran some test, ECG , Rheumatoid factor and xray, they saw nothing and concluded it was muscle strain... op pls go to the hospital.. health is wealth biko
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by ugomnaanny: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2018
Did u do an ulcer test?? H phlori?
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by RSAV: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2018
ugomnaanny:
Did u do an ulcer test?? H phlori?
No. The doctor only asked questions, nature and location of the pain, eating pattern etc. I didn't do H phlori test.

1 Like

Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by MensesDr: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2018
RSAV:
Please I need medical advice. I have been having this serious chest pain for some months now. The first doctor I met treated me for ulcer after asking some questions. I was given 4 different medications including an Antacid and pain reliever. I was relieved for few weeks. I returned to the doctor after the pain returned and I was given amoxicillin, antacid and pcm. This didn't solve the problem. The pain lingered.

I spoke to a pharmacist friend, who recommended Zinat antibiotic, a stronger antacid and a brand of ibuprofen. This also worked for some weeks.

The serious chest pain returned last week. I then decided to do further research on my own. The pain and feelings I have seem to match Angina. I have been taking garlic, tumeric and lemon juice for 3 days now as recommended treatment for Angina. The articles I read talked about reduced oxygenated blood going to the heart due to blood clotting or plaque in the arteries.

I feel pain in my chest as my heart beats, if I breathe in deeply, it's painful and worse when I lie down or bend.

I have also been discouraged from taking ibuprofen but pcm doesn't seem to relieve this chest pain.

I feel slight relief when I take antacid but the slight relief only lasts a few minutes.

Please help...
Please go hospital. Meet a cardiologist or pulmonologist.

From what you described, ( pain is exacerbated with breathing) you are likely having pleurisy.
Any associated cough? Difficulty in breathing?
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by RSAV: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2018
MensesDr:

Please go hospital. Meet a cardiologist or pulmonologist.

From what you described, ( pain is exacerbated with breathing) you are likely having pleurisy.
Any associated cough? Difficulty in breathing?

Thank you. There's no cough but I have short breath sometimes.
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 08, 2020
RSAV:

Thank you. There's no cough but I have short breath sometimes.
please how did you treat your chest pain cause I am having a similar issue now.
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by twinjake: 11:09pm On May 08, 2020
I had similar pain about three weeks ago. After a visit to the doctor, I was diagnosed of Hypertension ( High BP). I have been taking my medications (Anti hypertensive). It has relieved me. Therefore, please check your blood pressure. It could be the culprit. thanks.

Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:36am On May 09, 2020
wealth25:

What's the nature of your own pain(sharp, heaviness/crushing, tightness, burning), what side of your chest?
How long have you had it?
Does it come and go or always there?
How did it start? After a strenuous work? Lifting of heavy load? Fighting or beating house girl? On waking up? While at rest?
Does it move to any of your shoulders, arm or jaw?
Worsened by anything, especially exercise? Or by hunger, spicy food? Beans? Alcohol?
Do you sweat or feel dizzy or hear your heart beat/palpitations when having the pain?
Any other other problems like cough, fever, pain on deep breathing?
What's your age? Weight?
Are you diabetic? Hypertensive?
Any family history of heart diseases?

Generally, it's like Ischemic Heart Diseases are not as common in Nigeria as it is here in the Middle East. But supply answers to the above questions, let's hazard a possible diagnosis and advise you appropriately.
Have you done anything ECG?
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by RSAV: 7:33am On May 09, 2020
wealth25:

What worked for me eventually was ibuprofen and calcium. I discovered the chest pain was caused by a shortage of calcium in my body.
Calcitone by Dr. Mayers is a cheap and available calcium tablet you can try.
I have continued by use of calcium since then and haven't experienced a repeat of the chest pain. Wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Nobody: 8:16am On May 09, 2020
RSAV:

What worked for me eventually was ibuprofen and calcium. I discovered the chest pain was caused by a shortage of calcium in my body.
I have continued by use of calcium since then and haven't experienced a repeat of the chest pain. Wish you well.
Woow thanks,,am currently taking IBUCAP, a product of ibuprofen and it is relieving me gradually..but I will still go for the Calcitone (the calcium tablet) when they relax the lockdown..thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Nobody: 8:21am On May 09, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

What's the nature of your own pain(sharp, heaviness/crushing, tightness, burning), what side of your chest?
How did it start? After a strenuous work? Lifting of heavy load? Fighting or beating house girl? On waking up? While at rest?
Worsened by anything, especially exercise? Or by hunger, spicy food? Beans? Alcohol?
Do you sweat or feel dizzy or hear your heart beat/palpitations when having the pain?
What's your age? Weight?

Generally, it's like Ischemic Heart Diseases are not as common.
in Nigeria as it is here in the Middle East. But supply answers to the above questions, let's hazard a possible diagnosis and
advise you appropriately.
No history of heart disease in my family,,
I started experiencing the pain three days ago
Am not overweight.
Am not diabetic.
Am not hypertensive.
I have not done an ECG.
Most times the pain moves to the right side of my chest.
And I most times experience chest tightness.
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by blackman007: 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2021

Am not overweight.
Am not diabetic.
Am not hypertensive.
I have not done an ECG.

Have you found a solution to your chest problems?? I have been having similar problems?? I have used so many prescription drugs to no avail
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Pochipoxhi: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
blackman007:

Have you found a solution to your chest problems?? I have been having similar problems?? I have used so many prescription drugs to no avail

Same here.. I hope she replies
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Pochipoxhi: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2021

Am not overweight.
Am not diabetic.
Am not hypertensive.
I have not done an ECG.
Please did the medications work
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Pochipoxhi: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

Worsened by anything, especially exercise? Or by

hunger, spicy food? Beans? Alcohol?
What's your age? Weight?

Generally, it's like Ischemic Heart Diseases are not as common in Nigeria as it is here in the Middle East. But supply answers to the above questions, let's hazard a possible diagnosis and advise you appropriately.

Please are you a doctor. I have same chest pain and difficulty breathing... it’s weighing me down. Please someone should reply. Experiencing same thing OP is experiencing
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Pochipoxhi: 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
RSAV:

Please reply .. Do you still experience pain and difficulty breathing caused by the pain.. all the symptoms you had is what I have . I was diagnosed with pneumonia but it wasn’t seen in my X-ray..I’m not coughing or sneezing. Just weakness and the pain .. it’s depressing. Please I pray you reply
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by RSAV: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
So sorry about your pain. I no longer feel that pain. I'm regularly on calcium tabs. I only feel slight chest pains when I skip my calcium tabs for some days. I learnt zinc tablets also help. Hope this helps you.
Pochipoxhi:

Please reply .. Do you still experience pain and difficulty breathing caused by the pain.. all the symptoms you had is what I have . I was diagnosed with pneumonia but it wasn’t seen in my X-ray..I’m not coughing or sneezing. Just weakness and the pain .. it’s depressing. Please I pray you reply
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by joshua1997: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2022

Am not overweight.
Am not diabetic.
Am not hypertensive.
I have not done an ECG.

Please what did you use to cure your own . I am having that same chest tightning now .
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by KingAzubuike(f): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
RSAV:

Please help...
Are you okay now?
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by RSAV: 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Are you okay now?

Yes. Maintained my calcium dose since then.
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Emipathos(m): 1:41am On Sep 20, 2022
Things about health are not good to do try and error with. I will advise you go for abdominal or ECG test. Don't look at the cost. Go to government hospital or anywhere it can be cheaper to do.

A woman so close to me suffered similar issues last year. Sometimes what we think is the problem is not always it. When you have done your test, the result can now be used to carry out treatment. Don't rely on someone else's treatment. In every ailment in most cases, there are underlying factors which may make it different from others.

In the case of the woman, after treating ulcer, cold and shortness of breath, it subsided for sometime and continue until she went for ECG which disclosed that she has heart enlargement. Some medication was given to her from the Teaching hospital. I wasn't afraid. We used traditional Chinese medicine and she got herself first week of treatment. I asked her to complete her treatment which lasted for 2 to 3 months. The HBP disappeared and shortness of breath including other symptoms stopped.

If you have similar problem you can contact/ chat me on 08185363189 for directions after proper test. Thank you.
Re: Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? by Talkshealth15: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2022
RSAV:

Please help...

You can now access healthcare more conveniently using your mobile devices.
On Outpost health you can see a licensed Doctor virtually from your phone, get prescribed medication. Get your test results sent to you at a discounted price. You can have consultations with your doctors for as low as 3000 Naira.
No more waiting for weeks before you can get an appointment with a doctor or waiting hours to see a doctor.
To book for a consultation now click: https://www.outpost.health/patients to register and find a doctor who will sort out your health needs.

(1) (Reply)

Awure Itaja / Vertigo / Dizziness Is There Anyone Suffering From It? / Where To Buy Hiv Test Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.