Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State (13261 Views)

LP: We Regret Making Peter Obi Our Presidential Candidate – Apapa-faction / Ortom: Governor Bala Mohammed Is A Fulani Terrorist / Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by ObserversTimes: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
@Observers Times
Abuja | Nigeria

[img]https://georgeakume.files./2015/04/senator-a.jpg[/img]

Former governor of Benue state, Senator George Akume, has said that he made a grievous mistake by supporting Samuel Ortom in 2015 to emerge as governor of Benue state.

He said that he realised the kind of person the governor was after he recently dumped the All Progressives Congress Party for the Peoples Democratic Party.

Akume’s regret came just as the APC leaders and stakeholders warned that they would no longer fold their hands and allow blatant breach of the constitution by Governor Ortom.
Speaking at a press conference at the weekend, Senator Akume, said the Benue APC leaders had expressed their confidence in both President Muhammadu Buhari and the national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, for their laudable achievements.

Akume who said that Benue state was under siege due to the unfortunate actions of the governor, lamented what he described as abuse of the law through the wrongful removal of the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Terkimbi Ikyange, from office.

On the sudden change of gear after Ortom defected to the PDP, Akume said that he and other APC leaders in Benue state didn’t know much about Ortom’s record until when he left.

“For Ortom to run away with our mandate and continue to commit series of constitutional breaches is completely unacceptable,” he said. He accused the governor of unconstitutionally removing the Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly.

He also accused the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and Speaker Yakubu Dogara of supporting illegality in Benue State.

A bitter Akume said: “If it were in those days during Obasanjo administration, we would have sacked that man with just five lawmakers for his unconstitutional acts.”

While stating the party’s position, Akume described the Ortom-led administration as a disaster, warning that APC members cannot continue to watch the situation without reacting.

According to Akume, 11 out of the 23 Local Government chairmen of Benue state who are loyal to APC are being persecuted by the state government and are being starved of funds.

He also alleged that the government had been withholding allowances of the faction of Benue state House of Assembly loyal to APC, without any justifiable reason. He said that APC was urging the Federal Government to consider suspending allocations to local governments in Benue pending full investigation of their accounts.

Speaking on behalf of the Benue APC stakeholders, Akume warned that if the governor did not desist from his unconstitutional acts, including plan to sack APC loyal chairmen of local councils and to unleash terror on our members, we are going to use every constitutional means to checkmate him.” Akume also asked the Federal Government to investigate the alleged stockpiling of arms by loyalists of the governor.

He said that Ortom was using religious sentiments and herdsmen killings as a means of winning reelection in 2019. Regarding an alleged move by the governor to sack some local government council chairmen loyal to APC, Akume said that the party will not allow it to happen.

The party therefore directed the local government chairmen to resist moves to remove them from office saying “impunity will collide with impunity.” The APC leaders also alleged that Governor Ortom had collected about N28 billion as bailout funds since the inception of the present administration.

Source

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Yambee: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Okay
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
grin APC and their demonic contract grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Millenniumlady(f): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
In Nigeria once you're successful everyone will say they made you

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by IllegalMoney: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
For Ortom to run away with our mandate and continue to commit series of constitutional breaches is completely unacceptable,” he said. He accused the governor of unconstitutionally removing the Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly.

He also accused the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and Speaker Yakubu Dogara of supporting illegality in Benue State.

A bitter Akume said: “If it were in those days during Obasanjo administration, we would have sacked that man with just five lawmakers for his unconstitutional acts.”
Akume u wail till 2055
No more monthly allocation to u from, Benue State Government
Benue State is PDP
PDP is Benue State

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Homeboiy: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
Another rubbish talk

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by BrownChima212(m): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2018
The people ideally should have chosen their gov in the original intention of Democracy but....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by IllegalMoney: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
This thrash talk is coming from an APC Senator, the same anti democratic rubbish Oshiomole the factional APChairman has been uttering

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by saaron(m): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
All these because Ortom choose his people by leaving Miyetti allah party APC. Bloody occultic party.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Righteousness89(m): 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
Who are u to make him Governor...

GOD Uses anybody to make people...

People were used to make u Governor...

GOD ALMIGHTY is the one that Appoints Kings

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Iamgrey5(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
IllegalMoney:

This thrash talk is coming from an APC Senator, the same anti democratic rubbish Oshiomole the factional APChairman has been uttering
You mean the PDP chairman that disobeyed court orders and went ahead to dissolve legally elected officials loyal to Shekarau to make way for Kwakwaso people is not factional ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by slivertongue: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
prepare for more regrets in 2019. it will be u against d electorates. d blame game is over...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by OfficialAPCNig: 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Benue people have rejected Mayetti Allah.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by royalamour(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
You made him a governor?

Did you turn to millions of you to cast the votes?

No wonder Africa is this backward.
Even ugly people wants to be worshipped.

Shior!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by StillX10(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
This mumu Akume is helping Fulani terrorist destroy his state just because of politics

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by royalamour(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2018
StillX10:
This mumu Akume is helping Fulani terrorist destroy his state just because of politics

grin
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by vorigan: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2018
.......We regret supporting APC which led to the misfortune of having Buhari as President.........we shall correct that anomaly come 2019

......By the way, how can one man with one vote make someone Governor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Bitterleafsoup: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2018
You did
Finally, one admits that election's in Nigeria is bull crap.
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by SageTravels: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2018
Make him governor How?
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by biobab23(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2018
Aunty Linda Ikeji gave birth to Baby J
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Lordbooster(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2018
Is rather too late mr akume hehehe
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Racoon(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2018
Then the APC most have been Nigeria's biggest and costly regret.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by FarahAideed: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2018
Anime is a big fool ....In 2019 many God father will be permanently retired along with Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by maestroferdi: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2018
Yeye man...

You are using the lives of your people to play politics.

APC...All Political Cultists...

1 Like

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Bitterleafsoup: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2018
biobab23:
Aunty Linda Ikeji gave birth to Baby J
make a thread

1 Like

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by spencekat(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2018
Weldone God Akume.As if people or somebody didn't make him too a governor.
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2018
grin

Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by GentleMoney: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2018
Hmm..
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by Pusyiter(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2018
Well, since two-fighting and there is peace in Benue, Let the fight continue..... shocked
Re: Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State by spencekat(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2018
Righteousness89:
Who are u to make him Governor...

GOD Uses anybody to make people...

People were used to make u Governor...

GOD ALMIGHTY is the one that Appoints Kings
Very correct. Everybody needs help.Nothing like self made.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? / Military Recaptures More Towns From Boko Haram / Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.