Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood (28885 Views)

Egor Efiok Shades Toke Makinwa Over Her Plastic Surgery Ass And Bleaching / Egor Efiok To Lose Her House In UK / Mr Taxi Owners Vs Jim Iyke: Egor Efiok Urges Nigerians To Boycott App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by safarigirl(f): 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
kunle75:

The only sensible comment i have read so far. One bottle of Hennessy for u

He knew what he is saying, instead of usual ranting why cant they proved him wrong by producing good films .
Why can't people like Genevieve respond to him,she won't cos she too knew the system is messed up.
Only glorified olosho and gigolo are prevalent in the industry. Smh
the funny thing is that the cast of Genevieve's movie is made up of the same actors who are in the Nollywood movies brother Kunle refuses to watch

Is it Pete Edochie, KOK, Nkem Owoh? All these people are prominent actors in Nollywood, the Nollywood Kunle does not watch. For all his top rated movies filled with actors who are more interested in speaking English than relaying emotions of characters, none have gone international. Genevieve shot a movie using a cast that Kunle would NEVER put together, with a story line that is too 'basic' for Kunle, and she got international recognition.

Genevieve made a movie with the old Nollywood and packaged it so well, Netflix bought the movie. It is not filled with intrigue like October 1st, it is not a mystery or suspense like the CEO.....it is just your good old family comedy with a little drama. Simple in its plot and humble on its cast. There was nothing extra about it.

Kunle should learn from such humility. You cannot achieve a thing when you only seek to copy other people's styles. You cannot be a Nollywood producer and be looking at Hollywood. Hollywood has their own story, stop trying to copy someone else and try to be unique. When Kunle realises that, maybe Netflix will buy something from him

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by BusinessTips: 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let us stop pretending like we do not know what he means.

Y'all come online and make jokes about Nollyhood ghosts that knock before entering a house or that look right and left before crossing a major road. Now someone has come out to say what you all complain about in more clear, straightforward terms and he is being blasted. Why if I may ask?

Kunle Afolayan is one of the best to come out of Nollyhood, we have to give him the high five. He knows his onions, let him talk, maybe there will be a rethink.
I see nothing wrong in him airing his opinion, please we should learn to respect people's opinions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Damseldammie(f): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
Don't tell me the is the gravity of your stupidity, ògbénî Jungle Omo Adelove. Have you forgotten how your late dad brought you up, which he spent his hard earned money he made through theater to trained you up.
You have started again abi? Garbriel would still fight you once again because that was how you talked nonsense about your late dad.... Kí ni ñkan to n se e naa?
Why do you always put your mouth in motion before your brain is in gear?

Factory reset ni opolo rèe nílò

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
I see no harm in what he said
As a movie director,u have got to watch films that challenge your thinking so you bring out good movies.
He never said he doesn't watch at all na

2 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by prettyrits: 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
Adetaiwoo:

Before Nollywood there was movie industry in Nigeria and his dad and people like Hubert Ogunde were the backbone of the industry.

Well, He's not his dad, is he?
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by PrincessC11(f): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
cry
thinkdip:
No ego here, the guy is challenging the system that prides itself in making below par movies, good that Nollywood made him, he can't remain the typical nollywood style, hence, we'll cry he has made no difference so far. As far as I'm concerned I will prefere to watch kunle Afolayan's movie once in a year than watch our Nollywood crap filled with Olosho everyday.

You guys should be humble enough and learn from his style of making movies, maybe from there we would have some good movies around.

Not all this noise and noisemking movies
I strongly disagree with you

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by PrincessC11(f): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
safarigirl:
the funny thing is that the cast of Genevieve's movie is made up of the same actors who are in the Nollywood movies brother June refuses to watch

Is it Pete Edochie, KOK, Nkem Owoh? All these people are prominent actors in Nollywood, the Nollywood Kunle does not watch. For all his top rated movies filled with actors who are more interested in speaking English than relaying emotions of characters, none have gone international. Genevieve shot a movie using a cast that Kunle would NEVER put together, with a story line that is too 'basic' for Kunle, and she got international recognition.

Genevieve made a movie with the old Nollywood and packaged it so well, Netflix bought the movie. It is not filled with intrigue like October 1st, it is not a mystery or suspense like the CEO.....it is just your good old family comedy with a little drama. Simple in its plot and humble on its cast. There was nothing extra about it.

Kunle should learn from such humility. You cannot achieve a thing when you only seek to copy other people's styles. You cannot be a Nollywood producer and be looking at Hollywood. Hollywood has their own story, stop trying to copy someone else and try to be unique. When Kunle realises that, maybe Netflix will buy something from him
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
thinkdip:
No ego here, the guy is challenging the system that prides itself in making below par movies, good that Nollywood made him, he can't remain the typical nollywood style, hence, we'll cry he has made no difference so far. As far as I'm concerned I will prefere to watch kunle Afolayan's movie once in a year than watch our Nollywood crap filled with Olosho everyday.

You guys should be humble enough and learn from his style of making movies, maybe from there we would have some good movies around.

Not all this noise and noisemking movies
exactly! Why the noise ... folks yapping bad about his stance instead of concentrating on the import of all he said...too many mediocres celebrating mediocrity...who is this lady by the way...an "actress"?

2 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Queenserah26(f): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Word!
Alejoc:
He acts like he is too big for the system that made him grin
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Creativebae(f): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=luminouz post=71259538]
Goan force him naaaa...
See her tiny mouth.....
He can't say his mind again abi

Shoo shooo shoooo.....make we hear word jor![/quote
Lol.. Abeg lemme oh, I will force him.
He's trying to make all other producers feel inferior..

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by luminouz(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=Creativebae post=71260729][/quote]
They are inferior....
Let em Goan improve!!!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by kunle75(m): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
safarigirl:
the funny thing is that the cast of Genevieve's movie is made up of the same actors who are in the Nollywood movies brother Kunle refuses to watch

I totally concur with your argument and submission 100%.

But i still feel there's alot to be done in the area of exposure and self development on the part of our movie practitioners too.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by baddosky1: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2018
Don't mind the foolish man! His useless movies have not even made it to Iroko TV not to talk of Netflix. Foolish egocentric omoluabeast bastard!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Creativebae(f): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
luminouz:

They are inferior....
Let em Goan improve!!!

Criticism should come from viewers not from co-producers or directors.. At least not publicly and indirectly...
Urhh

2 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by luminouz(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2018
Creativebae:

Criticism should come from viewers not from co-producers or directors.. At least not publicly and indirectly...
Urhh
Shuuuuui..
U go like trouble o

Oya Goan make me some Banga soup n starch...
Let's use that settle the fight! grin

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by luminouz(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
baddosky1:
Don't mind the foolish man! His useless movies have not even made it to Iroko TV not to talk of Netflix. Foolish egocentric omoluabeast bastard!
Eyah...
Naso e pain u reach
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Creativebae(f): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
luminouz:

Shuuuuui..
U go like trouble o

Oya Goan make me some Banga soup n starch...
Let's use that settle the fight! grin
Lolz
Oya comman eat, food is ready..
Let peace reign.
� �
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by luminouz(m): 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
Creativebae:

Lolz
Oya comman eat, food is ready..
Let peace reign.
� �
cheesy
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by shizzle1: 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
OduntanGabriel:
I love nollywood movie, even when they do throwbacks of 16 years ago and someone passing bye wears new 2018 world cup Jersey... I still love nollywood
LWKMD gringringrin
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Brightgem(f): 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2018
Much as I think he produces unique films! Thinking of it now! This lady is right! Even if
if he doesn't watch! Need not tell us! That's wrong! It's still ur industry anyways! I think Tunde Kilani is one of his Mentors so he dznt watch his films too. Oga Kunle comman apologize to us back! Lolz!

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by OtunbaJ: 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
Jonathan:
Ugly girls too like to dey prove senseless points

Very frustrated sets of people angry
Mr man, for once in our life, lets try and be truthful to ourselves. Kunle Afolayan is one of my favorite actors, but if such comment is coming from a movie producer, then we that we are watching the movies, those it mean we don't have work abi or wasting out time. Mr Kunle, next time u should have a better ways of answering ur questions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by petsam11(m): 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
safarigirl:

@ the bolded, u just said it as it is... I like Kunle and I like his movie October 1 and a little bit of Figurine but others be like wetin I no just no... how can u say u don't watch Nollywood movies wen u are also a Nollywood filmmaker? So who do u expect to buy or spend der hard earned money to go to the Cinemas and see ur movies?
Pride is very bad! I was very happy wen he (Kunle) and Genevieve Nnaji wer interview in 2016 Toronto International Film Festival, TIFF, (In conversation with Genevieve Nnaji and Kunle Afolayan)... I think he should have done better than this! This is an insult to Nigerian filmmakers and to Nollywood in general... Even if he had something bad to say, he would have presented it well... this alone can even cause him his business when he is probably trying to frustrate other producers n filmmakers businesses...
I agree that some filmmakers do almost rubbish but he mustn't rub it on their faces publicly like he just did... He should really learn a lot from Genevieve Nnaji wh ,o is like a Noiseless Zone... A Woman of No Noise and Big Actions!!!
Genevieve Nnaji in the international level is seen as the face of Nollywood and African Cinemas. And filmmakers around the world would love to do business with her because she can help them come into African film market, she knows wer the money is/are and how to help them make it...
Kunle should learn from Genevieve and infact most women filmmakers in the industry because whether anybody likes it or not, ladies in the industry are reshaping and upgrading Nollywood and African movie in recent years more than the men... Another case study is 2018 AMVCA's wer a woman filmmaker from Kenya won the best movie over all with her movie 18 Hours... Also the same thing happened in 2016 AMVCA's wen Stephane Okereke Linuses movie (Dry) also won best love over all, etc...
So big filmmakers like Kunle should sit up and learn from bigger ppl like Izu Ojukwu, etc...
Kunle is good but he still has a lot to learn from others... everybody get wetin him fit learn from the other... Humility pays!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by icogb: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...Kunle...
I like hw tis only pple dat share diffrnt view from yours dat you only go after. The only advc I hv for you is to never cross my lane. And tis a warning!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by GENTLETEE(m): 12:04am On Sep 17, 2018
I have lost my respect for him! Such an unwise thing to say!!

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 12:37am On Sep 17, 2018
Richdad50:
Dear @Boy Kunle,
Why? A devisive man with little or no honour.
Listen! The strenght of a Man is not measured by how many dying men he can kill by words or fist, but, by how much he can withstand physical/intellectual pressure, attack from both his equals and superiors.
lol you should send these words of wisdom about divisiveness to nnamdi kanu that called for pastor kumuyi to be killed and for ibos to boycot Yoruba churches

olodo

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 12:41am On Sep 17, 2018
beautyhd:
Kunle, you should have known that some things are better left unsaid to avoid stories that touch.

You don't watch Nollywood but you expect people to watch them. You better port to Hollywood.
see plenty ignorant people ranting up there like you.

he said he doesn't watch REGULAR nollywood movies.

I'm sure two weeks from now we'll all create a thread and laugh about how ridiculously uncreative the regular Bollywood movies are.

stop attacking him when you know deep down his statement is on point.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Akanti50: 12:44am On Sep 17, 2018
safarigirl:

You fool, are you in anyway suggesting Genevieve's movie is common? or are you saying the likes of Pete Edochie, Nkem Owoh, KOK are not international actors or what?
Geneviene is onlky not recognised in Nigera but outside he shores of this country they regard her as a number1 god of African movie screens.
Genevieve used those great guys cos she knows even Kunle and his casts are under her and those legends, thats the reason why Netflix bought it in the first place cos she never use any Yoruba mediocre actors that are never popular.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 12:45am On Sep 17, 2018
samista:
Very silly of him, this kunle afolayan doesn't have sense at all, always talking anyhow. That's how him and his brother came out to wash their families dirty linens in public few months back. Old people behaving like a kids that lack home training
keel ranting like a mad parrot.

he said and I repeat "I
hardly watch regular Nollywood movies"

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/movies/i-hardly-watch-regular-nollywood-movies-kunle-afolayan-id8858238.html

the same Nollywood movies where we see all forms of dumb, childish and uncreative narratives?

Kunle afolayan is not the best for no reason. if the others feel pained then let them up their game!!!

clowns
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Akanti50: 12:47am On Sep 17, 2018
BusinessTips:
Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let us stop pretending like we do not know what he means.

Y'all come online and make jokes about Nollyhood ghosts that knock before entering a house or that look right and left before crossing a major road. Now someone has come out to say what you all complain about in more clear, straightforward terms and he is being blasted. Why if I may ask?

Kunle Afolayan is one of the best to come out of Nollyhood, we have to give him the high five. He knows his onions, let him talk, maybe there will be a rethink.
I see nothing wrong in him airing his opinion, please we should learn to respect people's opinions.
Please stop making unpopular people popular by all means, who is Kunle, never heard of him before except now. He is inconsequential
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 12:49am On Sep 17, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
grin grin
Coneheads are known for hating Igbos tongue tongue
maybe you should read the interview again.
https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/movies/i-hardly-watch-regular-nollywood-movies-kunle-afolayan-id8858238.html

even small me that I'm still hustling as a bachelor I hardly watch regular Nollywood movies. the same "regular movies" that are so uncreative. someone says the truth that he hardly watches regular Nollywood movies which is the truth for many of us and you find the comment offensive.

he didn't even mention any tribe in the interview yet you are here making a fool of your education.

smh

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 12:53am On Sep 17, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Egor Efiok, u have a BRAIN that oozes sense and wisdom.
U hit the nail on the head without INSULTING him.

She made salient points known.
She’s sound upstairs

As a Public Figure, u have to be guarded always.
I'm not surprised this is coming from someone that calls himself an evil forest grin

"I hardly watch" that was what he said. which means maybe one in a week, one in two weeks.

I'm in the same category. I can't come and waste my time watching a movies where the producers can't even make a reasonable accident scene.

even small me earning a token per month I'm too busy to waste my time watching uncreative movies.

those of you crying and fooling yourselves over his comment are just pained and jobless.

kunle is not the best by chance. he's the best cos he's different!!!

kill yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Seyi Law And Observant Follower On Tribute To Tosyn Bucknor / TBoss Celebrates Starr, Her Daughter's Conception Day (Photos) / Between Adekunle Gold And A Fan Who Wanted Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.